Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 12-09-2017, 10:47 PM

5 out of the last 6 available points!

That was a weird call. Gio held him, no dought, but the option to hold was only available because he was being held in the first place the Boesers stick was up in his midsection. I also thought when the call was made the ref pointed to both...
Old 12-09-2017, 10:52 PM

Original call was on Boeser, they blew it down when Vancouver touched puck....then talked about it and decided Gio needed to go. Really they should have served offsetting penalties, but then Boeser scores on pp...that was just ugly. Makes the win sweeter.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 12-12-2017, 11:50 PM

Bump.
Old 12-13-2017, 12:35 AM

Didn't think Bennet and Ferland were the best options for the shootout. Oh well, got a point I guess.
Old 12-13-2017, 08:45 AM

We deserved better on this one...Monahan's hands turned to stone at the worst time
Old 12-13-2017, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
Didn't think Bennet and Ferland were the best options for the shootout. Oh well, got a point I guess.
I'd like to see Frolik thrown in sometime....but yeah, it's a point.

Apparently the Oilers are on a one game win streak again, and are going to dominate every aspect of the season, so it won't matter in the long run anyway...parades going to be in edmonton this year apparently.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 12-13-2017, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
I'd like to see Frolik thrown in sometime....but yeah, it's a point.

Apparently the Oilers are on a one game win streak again, and are going to dominate every aspect of the season, so it won't matter in the long run anyway...parades going to be in edmonton this year apparently.
Sad that you need to bring the Oiler's into your defeat in order to feel better. Isn't being a Shames fan reward enough?
Old 12-13-2017, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendan's dad View Post
Sad that you need to bring the Oiler's into your defeat in order to feel better. Isn't being a Shames fan reward enough?
About 7 points more rewarding than being a 'Soilers' fan at the moment. Sitting in 17th overall isn't really incredible, but it's 11 places in front of 28th overall. The season in 38% played, and the Oilers are on the path to what? 74 point season? Flames on pace for a 93 point season? I don't actually feel too bad with where it is currently at, but hey, things can change. If not, we can always call it a rebuild season. Again.

Old 12-13-2017, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Sad that you need to bring the Oiler's into your defeat in order to feel better.
I think he's just looking for some experience in the matter.
Old 12-13-2017, 02:50 PM

Quote:
I think he's just looking for some experience in the matter.
That we have.
Old 12-14-2017, 09:37 PM

Well dammit! That was some good hockey, but too many turnovers and sloppy play cost the Flames tonight. Smith tripping Big Joe didn't help either...solid effort, strong third period with 11-6 shots in favor of Flames. *sigh* they didn't dominate every aspect of the game...but they didn't get shut out by the back up goalie either.

Old 12-14-2017, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Well dammit! That was some good hockey, but too many turnovers and sloppy play cost the Flames tonight. Smith tripping Big Joe didn't help either...solid effort, strong third period with 11-6 shots in favor of Flames. *sigh* they didn't dominate every aspect of the game...but they didn't get shut out by the back up goalie either.
= 0 points

"Toe da so" - Ricky, Trailer Park Boys
Old 12-16-2017, 09:54 PM

Hey Trochu, was goal number 2 a “Grade A” scoring chance or just a shot from the corner that happened to go in?
Old 12-17-2017, 09:25 AM

Default Tee hee!

Quote:
Hey Trochu, was goal number 2 a “Grade A” scoring chance or just a shot from the corner that happened to go in?
Snicker....... heh!

(I’d be overjoyed with this... but I got Smith in my hockey pool... so dammit!!)
"I don't always troll, only on days that end in Y."
Old 12-17-2017, 10:52 AM

What are the odds that on a rare day that the Oilers win and Shames lose miserably, all the Shames fans take a holiday from AO. Must have been a lot of Christmas parties going on last night and they are all still recovering from the booze and loss.
Old 12-17-2017, 12:40 PM

Well, sorry I didn't check in earlier......here is a little perspective for this and the Oilers thread, from somebody who enjoys the give and take and the rivalry as much as the next guy.

As much as we all can be passionate about hockey, and 'our' team, and who did what and when, and how many points who got and all that, at the end of the day, there is real life going on that doesn't have much to do with hockey.

For instance, my nephew and his wife had a little girl on Dec 9th, and little Robyn has been at Sick Kids in Edmonton ever since then, and has been in open heart surgery all morning, and is still there, getting some repairs done to her very fragile and damaged heart. Hopefully, the surgeons have better hands than Johnny Gaudreau, and little Robyn has more spirit and fight than Connor McDavid, and she is able to grow up to be a fan of the Oilers, or the Flames, or the Canucks even....it really doesn't matter. Hockey is just a game that we all enjoy here, but at the end of the day, it's just a game. And today, I don't really care much who won the games last night.

Old 12-17-2017, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Well, sorry I didn't check in earlier......here is a little perspective for this and the Oilers thread, from somebody who enjoys the give and take and the rivalry as much as the next guy.

As much as we all can be passionate about hockey, and 'our' team, and who did what and when, and how many points who got and all that, at the end of the day, there is real life going on that doesn't have much to do with hockey.

For instance, my nephew and his wife had a little girl on Dec 9th, and little Robyn has been at Sick Kids in Edmonton ever since then, and has been in open heart surgery all morning, and is still there, getting some repairs done to her very fragile and damaged heart. Hopefully, the surgeons have better hands than Johnny Gaudreau, and little Robyn has more spirit and fight than Connor McDavid, and she is able to grow up to be a fan of the Oilers, or the Flames, or the Canucks even....it really doesn't matter. Hockey is just a game that we all enjoy here, but at the end of the day, it's just a game. And today, I don't really care much who won the games last night.

Hope all goes well for Robyn and you and the family, been in the same boat with my Granddaughter.

made in Alberta__ born n raised.

FS-Tinfool hats by the roll.
Old 12-17-2017, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntsfurfish View Post
Hope all goes well for Robyn and you and the family, been in the same boat with my Granddaughter.
Thank you.

Old 12-17-2017, 01:33 PM

Quote:
A Grade A Scoring Chance is generally considered a hard shot on net requiring the goalie to make a save, or a shot that hits the post, from the area outlined below:

So no, a shot from the corner isn't considered a great scoring chance as you can see its well outside the area indicated.
Old 12-17-2017, 01:36 PM

Hope things improve for Robyn!
Old 12-17-2017, 02:09 PM

Quote:

I pray the little fellow is your Christmas Miracle. Never had too endure such a hardship as a sick child and I hope I never do.
Old 12-17-2017, 04:12 PM

Hope all turns out for you twisted. Well almost everything.
Old 12-17-2017, 04:48 PM

Sick little ones is NO fun for sure, and when they are itty bitty that's just not fair. I hope Robyn feels good enough to be home for Christmas Twisted.
For the hockey task at hand GO FLAMES!!!! Love it when they beat the Canucks, almost more than the Oilers.
Old 12-17-2017, 05:28 PM

Hope everything works out for Robyn, and your granddaughter Huntsfurfish.
Old 12-17-2017, 06:25 PM

Good start!

Would be nice to see a good effort put forth in front of Rittich.
Old 12-17-2017, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Good start!

Would be nice to see a good effort put forth in front of Rittich.
5-0... ask and you shall receive.
Old 12-17-2017, 07:57 PM

Hope the little one has bright days ahead bud!

Man!!!! I don’t think I’ve EVER wanted the Shakes to get a shutout sooo bad in my life!!
I’m three points behind in my weekly head to head matchup in the ho key pool!!!

Shutout by Smith gives me 7 points!

Cmon you geriatric ex-coyote!
Old 12-17-2017, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bessiedog View Post
Hope the little one has bright days ahead bud!

Man!!!! I don’t think I’ve EVER wanted the Shakes to get a shutout sooo bad in my life!!
I’m three points behind in my weekly head to head matchup in the ho key pool!!!

Shutout by Smith gives me 7 points!

Cmon you geriatric ex-coyote!
Pretty sure Smith isn't letting any in tonight!
Old 12-17-2017, 08:37 PM

Was the 3rd line Bennet-Jankowski-Hathaway tonight?

If so, they played great.
Old 12-17-2017, 08:44 PM

Dammit!!!!

Smith had the night off!!

I needed the 3points!!!!

Typical.... got screwed by a backup!