Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 12-09-2017, 06:07 PM

Default Florida man gets 15 years

Did you see where that Florida man got 15yrs in jail for busting the windows in a mosque and threw bacon in it, no this is a hate crime and absolutely he should have got something but this is a lot extreme
Old 12-09-2017, 06:24 PM
Banned

Good on them. Would rather see these pieces of S get a sentence like that rather than the slap on the wrist criminals get here.
Old 12-09-2017, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasemonkey View Post
Did you see where that Florida man got 15yrs in jail for busting the windows in a mosque and threw bacon in it, no this is a hate crime and absolutely he should have got something but this is a lot extreme
So are you saying it's too harsh of a penalty for the crime or too harsh of a penalty due to it being against Muslims?

Got what he deserved.
Sit back
Pour yourself a tea

Watch us "sportsmen" attack each other and destroy ourselves from within.

From road hunters vs "real hunters" to bowhunters vs rifle hunters, long bows and recurves vs compound user to bow vs crossbow to white hunters vs Native hunters etc etc etc

Enjoy the easy ride, anti hunters. Strange to me why we seem to be doing your job for you.

Excuse me while I go puke.
Old 12-09-2017, 06:35 PM

Thumbs up Keep 'em in the slammer!!!

Quote:
Looks like he got his bacon fried - Real Good!

Bet he don't never do that again!

Last edited by Gray Wolf; 12-09-2017 at 06:44 PM.
Old 12-09-2017, 06:39 PM

Was a repeat B & E offender. Also walked around smashed the place up with a machete.

I'm guessing it was the repeat offense that got him all the years.
Old 12-09-2017, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickwilly View Post
Was a repeat B & E offender. Also walked around smashed the place up with a machete.

Well that adds a bit more to the story the orginal poster started with now doesn’t it?
Old 12-09-2017, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickwilly View Post

Come on...............we were supposed to judge the guy based on the OP. You ruined it!

No link/story on the OP and no link on your info but I'm inclined to believe there is more to the story...
Old 12-09-2017, 07:38 PM

Https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...con/926811001/

“He entered a plea deal and plead guilty to vandalizing the mosque itself with hate crime enhancement, making it a felony,” said Todd Brown, a spokesman for the State Attorney’s Office. “He waived his right to a pre-sentencing investigation.”

Article shows him in court in 2016, probably didn't help this time.
Old 12-09-2017, 08:49 PM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Got himself room and board for 15 years, good.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 12-09-2017, 08:59 PM

A good solid sentence for his actions combined with his history. It would be nice if solid sentences were handed down for all hate crimes, there seem to be many instances where offenders of 'victimized groups' get reduced culpability for their criminal actions. Equality should be exactly that, straight across the board, no coddling of anyone.
Old 12-09-2017, 09:25 PM

I have no issue with the sentence, but I do have a problem with some people getting less than that for killing other people.
Old 12-09-2017, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
I have no issue with the sentence, but I do have a problem with some people getting less than that for killing other people.

Or being awarded $10.5 million for killing a soldier from a friendly allied military....
Old 12-09-2017, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey Oatey View Post
So are you saying it's too harsh of a penalty for the crime or too harsh of a penalty due to it being against Muslims?

Got what he deserved.
Maybe it was such a harsh penalty because it was against Muslims?

Three guys broke into my parents place, stole two vehicles, money, credit cards, cheques, etc. They were caught and got zero time. Surely there is some middle ground here....
Old 12-10-2017, 12:58 AM

Default Penalty

I’m saying it seems pretty steep when you take into account that some individuals kill people and get lesser sentences than that, I don’t care if this was against Muslims Jewish or Buddha’s people get away with far more for doing a lot worse than this yes it is a hate crime but no one was hurt maybe some feelings I just think it was excessive but there is a history so maybe the judge took this into account when he was passing his sentence
Old 12-10-2017, 08:32 AM

Quote:
I’m saying it seems pretty steep when you take into account that some individuals kill people and get lesser sentences than that, I don’t care if this was against Muslims Jewish or Buddha’s people get away with far more for doing a lot worse than this yes it is a hate crime but no one was hurt maybe some feelings I just think it was excessive but there is a history so maybe the judge took this into account when he was passing his sentence
They are a little tougher on everything in the deep south (well everything other than dating children that is....)