Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 12-10-2017, 07:27 PM

I was in the North Edmonton store yesterday and lots of stuff getting pretty picked over now. Most of the ice fishing gear already gone.

Not sure about the hunting gear but I heard them say they sold 95 rifles that day alone so I assume it is getting pretty low too.

If they have anything left you are still interested in don't wait too long. Already heard stories about a couple people disappointed the Sage Methods at the South Edmonton store were gone. I'm glad those people left them long enough for me to scoop one up lol.

Still surprisingly low discounts on a few items. Gonna be some things sticking around till the bitter end unless they drop their prices a bunch
Old 12-10-2017, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dweb View Post
Wonder what the percentage is at on the wholesale sports logo hats ?

If it gets low enough I'll pull the trigger and treat myself
$5 in Regina last year. I was wearing my winter cammo one today. Fits good

Last edited by 220 Swift; 12-10-2017 at 09:28 PM.
Old 12-10-2017, 09:28 PM

So what i learned in regina is not to wait for the last day as others are doing the same. I was there a couple times aNd bought each time. When there is a weekor less left buy everything you are interested in. Next summer you will wish that you had.

I have now noticed how terrible Cabelas truly is with any reloading items or lack of them.
Old 12-11-2017, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavYak View Post
I was in the North Edmonton store yesterday and lots of stuff getting pretty picked over now. Most of the ice fishing gear already gone.

Not sure about the hunting gear but I heard them say they sold 95 rifles that day alone so I assume it is getting pretty low too.

If they have anything left you are still interested in don't wait too long. Already heard stories about a couple people disappointed the Sage Methods at the South Edmonton store were gone. I'm glad those people left them long enough for me to scoop one up lol.

Still surprisingly low discounts on a few items. Gonna be some things sticking around till the bitter end unless they drop their prices a bunch

I was one of those 95...lol
Got a great deal on a slugger shotgun. A friend of mine was looking at a browning Xbolt 243 with a Nikon scope combo, and as he browsed at something else, another guy grabbed it and it was gone. Rifles were flying out of there. 35% off is hard to resist.

BH

Old 12-12-2017, 05:29 PM

Was at North location today. Really busy and firearms are now 40% off and handguns were 50% off. Picked up a 12 gauge Steoger O/ U for $417, regular $699. Also picked up some 12 gauge target ammo and scope rings for my new tikka battue in 9.3x62. That also arrived today in the mail. Christmas came early
Old 12-12-2017, 05:39 PM

Got the old man an x-bolt stainless stalker for just over 8 bills. Not bad.
Old 12-12-2017, 07:01 PM

Was in the GP shop on Sunday to kill some time before our company Christmas supper. First place I head for is the gun rack. Some empty spaces but not many.
Spotted a CZ 527 .223 Rem American. The price tag was 1769.00 regular with the 35% discount came to 1149.85. I turned to my wife and told her that the sad part about it some sucker would come along and think they are getting a good deal. I guess my guns are pretty valuable all of a sudden.
Old 12-12-2017, 07:55 PM

Interesting. I was stopped by WSS today and they had a Browning A5 Stalker 3.5" on for $1100. Browning has a rebate for $100 so I picked up a brand new A5 for $1000.

Where are all you people buying guns that that isn't a deal? If there is store out there I get that you don't want to name it, but give me a province and I will see if I can find it.
Old 12-12-2017, 09:03 PM

Any suggestions on the better rifle selection, Calgary or Edmonton?
Old 12-12-2017, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulehahn View Post
Interesting. I was stopped by WSS today and they had a Browning A5 Stalker 3.5" on for $1100. Browning has a rebate for $100 so I picked up a brand new A5 for $1000.

Where are all you people buying guns that that isn't a deal? If there is store out there I get that you don't want to name it, but give me a province and I will see if I can find it.
That's a good deal right there.
Old 12-12-2017, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
Any suggestions on the better rifle selection, Calgary or Edmonton?
I was at the Calgary store today and the rifle/gun selection is looking pretty picked over. Must of been around 30 people in line at the gun counter the whole time i was there.
Old 12-13-2017, 02:49 AM

Took a quick scoot in there on Sunday, getting to be pretty thin pickins. One guy behind the counter figured all the guns would be gone before Xmas, after New year's they be packing it all up to go to auction or whatever. I picked up some decap pins a while back, a rod holder extender and a vest, but, that is all, couldn't find anything I needed or even wanted pretty much all the way thru the sale. They had a stack of 5mmx55 ammo, never seen that before. Not sure I have ever seen a gun chambered for it. They have pushed a lot of stuff out the door in the last 3 wks.
Old 12-13-2017, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32-40win View Post
They had a stack of 5mmx55 ammo, never seen that before. Not sure I have ever seen a gun chambered for it.
That was a typo on the handwritten tag- it is 7.5x55 Swiss. Looked like a good price if anyone needs some. 480 round sealed cases and 60 round paper wrapped.

“We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did.”- Thomas Sowell
Old 12-13-2017, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by schreyer View Post
Got the old man an x-bolt stainless stalker for just over 8 bills. Not bad.
There is a Browning mail in rebate for $75 on rifles. So don't forget to do that. Save more.
Old 12-13-2017, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reel Time Rut Outdoors View Post
There is a Browning mail in rebate for $75 on rifles. So don't forget to do that. Save more.
Thanks for the heads up! Wasn’t aware of any of that.
Old 12-13-2017, 11:19 AM

Was there an hour ago. Would have bought a rifle but figured I would have had to wait one to two hours just to talk to a guy. If you go expect to wait. I left with nothing.
Old 12-13-2017, 12:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by schreyer View Post
Thanks for the heads up! Wasn’t aware of any of that.
There is a 50 savage rebate as well, remember thats u.s.
Old 12-13-2017, 05:02 PM

Default Good riddance to a bad retailer

They cranked up the scam tactics for the liquidation. My wife went to buy a jacket today at a reasonable price. Clerk was plaing games at the till trying to double the price of a tagged item and claiming the tag was the sale price. What a bunch of losers. UFA will never see a dime of my money. don't fall for it folks.
Old 12-13-2017, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knotter View Post
They cranked up the scam tactics for the liquidation. My wife went to buy a jacket today at a reasonable price. Clerk was plaing games at the till trying to double the price of a tagged item and claiming the tag was the sale price. What a bunch of losers. UFA will never see a dime of my money. don't fall for it folks.
I fell for it. 35% savings on a 800 dollar gun. Count me in. 10/10 would goto wholesale sports liquidation sale again. Also paid about 33c a cartrige for 357mag.. Happy about that too.

Im sad to see em go. Some old dude called them out on jacking up prices when i was in, both cashier and gun counter guy got fed up real quick with that and denied it..
Old 12-13-2017, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Husty View Post
I fell for it. 35% savings on a 800 dollar gun. Count me in. 10/10 would goto wholesale sports liquidation sale again. Also paid about 33c a cartrige for 357mag.. Happy about that too.

Im sad to see em go. Some old dude called them out on jacking up prices when i was in, both cashier and gun counter guy got fed up real quick with that and denied it..
Funny you should say that, was in a Wholesale around end of October, and the fella working the gun counter actually brought that up. haha
Old 12-13-2017, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBF View Post
Funny you should say that, was in a Wholesale around end of October, and the fella working the gun counter actually brought that up. haha
The last couple times I was in I checked prices. The liquidators based their discounts on a percentage of M.S.R.P. For most of their product WSS nearly always priced well below MSRP. Keep in mind that the store staff including management have no say in the pricing of anything.
Old 12-13-2017, 08:19 PM

Is there any way to see their inventory?
Old 12-13-2017, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Bacon View Post
Is there any way to see their inventory?
Have to go to the store and see
Old 12-13-2017, 08:23 PM

They were advertising on the radio today that sales are 40-60% off now...Getting ready for there cose out date...

Still have not stepped into any wholesale sports since they annouced there closing....
Old 12-13-2017, 09:12 PM

South side location is pretty well picked apart. Some lures and rods left. Lots of fly tying material left. Not many decent rifles on the shelf anymore, and not a single handgun. Watched 9 rifles go out in about half an hour. Mostly Savage left
1 stainless Vanguard in 7mm that had me tempted at $570, but not much else.
I really feel for those working there.
Old 12-13-2017, 09:16 PM

That's too bad I was wanting to grab a hand gun but I'm about an hr and a half away. Maybe Friday I'll take a drive it. I'd like to get a new shotgun too
Old 12-14-2017, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Bacon View Post
That's too bad I was wanting to grab a hand gun but I'm about an hr and a half away. Maybe Friday I'll take a drive it. I'd like to get a new shotgun too
Going in for handguns isn't worth it any more, as people said you probably wont find one. I think i got the last revolver WSS Lethbridge will ever sell. I also wanted a 1911 and was pumped when i saw a Kimber 1911 regular 1500 on for 950.. until i noticed it was a 22lr
Old 12-14-2017, 10:04 AM

If anyone is still holding out for a better discount I would go now. Judging by the the 4 stores I went into this week, they will be about 80% empty by Monday or worse. It looks like Calgary will be out of ammo entirely shortly too.

Just a heads up.
Old 12-14-2017, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinhits View Post
They were advertising on the radio today that sales are 40-60% off now...Getting ready for there cose out date...

Still have not stepped into any wholesale sports since they annouced there closing....
X2

made in Alberta__ born n raised.

FS-Tinfool hats by the roll.
Old 12-14-2017, 12:24 PM

Most of the good stuff is gone already. I did buy only 1 bigger ticket item but got a bunch of small stuff too. I imagine they will try to purge out whatever stuff they do have left in the next 2 weeks and remainder goes to another liquidator or something.