Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 05-03-2016, 11:37 AM

Default Okuma shout out

Another good thing to say about a fishing company. Wanted to let you all know. One of my line counter reels had the cast control knob fall off late last season. It's probably on the floor somewhere or in the bottom of cold lake.

I sent out a tweet to them last week to get contact info, wasn't able to find on the mobile site.

Got a response a day later and called today. Got main office in California and Mike is sending up the new part for free. No warranty place in Alberta so he said the heck with it and is sending it himself. Should be here in a couple weeks US Postal.

Just wanted to let you all know of another company that backs up their product. It was not even asked when I bought it and if it was warranty. It just is what it is and a new one is coming free.

1-800-GO-OKUMA
Old 05-03-2016, 05:43 PM

Good to hear.

I am also running 2 okuma line counters for crank baits rods for walleye fishing
Old 05-03-2016, 06:33 PM

I have a few older Magda Pros and 2 of these brand new Cold Water series Okuma line counters.

They are bullet proof and very well priced for the half dozen trips a year when I need a line counter.

https://www.amazon.ca/Okuma-Cold-Wat...uma+cold+water
Old 05-03-2016, 10:06 PM

I have 2 of there line counter reels. Not sure of the model. On one the plastic button you push to reset the line counter to zero broke. Went online and they sent me the parts for free.