Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 06-10-2012, 10:49 PM

Default Feedback on 2012 Compound Bow lineup

Hey.

Just trying to get some advice/opinions on the assortment of brands for the 2012 lineup of compound bows. I've shot quite a few from APA, Matthews, G5, Prime, Matthews, PSE, Bowtech and have my eye set on some but others i have ruled out.

My two choices have come to the hoyt carbon element and the prime shift.

Hoyt has a great grip and smooth draw, but a tough wall that feels like it wants to jump from you if you inch a lil.

The prime was smooth and had alot more give on its letoff i found.

I heard cons that the hoyt has some cam lean that can affect accurary but i would love to hear some other feedback on some other experiences that you may have come across with the 2012 lineup.

Anything will help as i will be purchasing my new bow in the next couple weeks.

Thanks,
SteveY
Old 06-12-2012, 03:44 PM

I myself switched from shooting a Hoyt Vantage Elite for Target and 3D to a Prime Centroid... I am very happy with it and everyone that shoots my bow like it.

Smooth draw, fast speed, and very accurate.
Old 06-12-2012, 03:53 PM

Lots of good bows out there.

I would say that any bow can have cam lean if it's not set up properly. I've seen lots of brand new bows from various manufactures start out with some cam lean. Fortunately it's easy to fix in most cases.
Old 06-12-2012, 05:41 PM

Pse-Evo or Omen Pro are my Top 2 Bows of the Year.But i am a Pse Guy,For me there the Best and i have owned most other Big Name Bows,Elite makes a Top Notch bow,as well as Strother,Obsession,Darton,Apa and plenty more.
Old 06-13-2012, 01:44 PM

Default Prime Shift

Prime is a great hunting bow. It shoots well and has a low-profile, great for many different hunting situations. Plus, Jimbows Archery is now dealing Primes! I really like having a local guy who provides great advice, service and knows every aspect of the bow. Can’t go wrong with the Shift.
Old 06-13-2012, 01:48 PM

Prime Shift is great for hunting, those with longer draws will enjoy the Centroid. I use my Centroid for 3D and Target and it does very well there too!.

Do yourself a favour and try one... they are awesome!... I honestly think the Centroid is a great all around bow.