Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 12-28-2019, 10:55 AM

Default Eskimo z51 file tank grommet

Where have you guys found parts for your eskimo? Anywhere in Edmonton- Lawnmower hospital maybe?
I'm looking for the fuel line grommet.
Old 12-28-2019, 11:06 AM

Please post if you find one.
I need one too.
Old 12-28-2019, 11:24 AM

Take it along and stop in at a Stihl or any other chainsaw/small engine dealer or repair shop, they should be able to find something that will work.

"I find it interesting that some folk will pay to use a range, use a golf course, use a garage bay but think landowners should have to give permission for free. Do these same people think hookers should be treated like landowners?" pitw
Old 12-28-2019, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey Cox View Post
Please post if you find one.
I need one too.
Will do. Eskimo has them to order online. I thought it would be better to buy local. Sucks having a leaky tank
Old 12-28-2019, 01:28 PM

There is a place called Toolstorm that carries Viper engine parts in stock hor all kinds of toys. Give them a call. Ordered a new fuel tank for my Eskimo and had it at my door from Edm in 2 days.
Old 12-28-2019, 03:39 PM

These thing leak usually every year when you first put fuel in the tank. Takes a few days for the grommet to swell back up and seal the tank. Not sure if it’s your first time using it this year but if it is then this could be the problem and it’ll usually fix itself.

Some times you catch the Big fish, some times you get stuck in Chip
Old 12-28-2019, 04:22 PM

I had a member on here offer to send me a grommet or two and never happened....that was 5 years ago...LOL

I keep my gas level below half and always set my auger down gas tank up..HAHA....

Anyone have a jiffy grommet they could mail too me? I will pay of course. Does not make sense to have Jiffy send out a cheap part and pay expensive shipping and duty taxes..LOL
Old 12-28-2019, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishHunterPro View Post
These thing leak usually every year when you first put fuel in the tank. Takes a few days for the grommet to swell back up and seal the tank. Not sure if it’s your first time using it this year but if it is then this could be the problem and it’ll usually fix itself.
I've had my auger for 3 or 4 years. I think it did finally swell up, but it was leaking and I twisted it hoping to re seat it but made it worse lol
Its prob time to change it out I guess
Old 12-28-2019, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinhits View Post
I had a member on here offer to send me a grommet or two and never happened....that was 5 years ago...LOL

I keep my gas level below half and always set my auger down gas tank up..HAHA....

Anyone have a jiffy grommet they could mail too me? I will pay of course. Does not make sense to have Jiffy send out a cheap part and pay expensive shipping and duty taxes..LOL
I've also done that. Just gets annoying and for 5 bucks worth changing out. You would think they have a better setup
Old 12-28-2019, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game Hunter View Post
I've also done that. Just gets annoying and for 5 bucks worth changing out. You would think they have a better setup
Yup...$5 part is going to cost me $50 in shipping and brokerage fees from the states...LOL
Old 12-29-2019, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinhits View Post

Did you ever try emailing them? I sent clam a nice email and they sent me cheap parts like that for an old tent free. Worth a shot

Old 12-29-2019, 11:14 AM

Quote:
I've had my auger for 3 or 4 years. I think it did finally swell up, but it was leaking and I twisted it hoping to re seat it but made it worse lol
Its prob time to change it out I guess
Ya it can’t hurt to get a spare, my strikemaster does the same thing every season since 2010 or 2011. Good luck

Old 12-30-2019, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishHunterPro View Post
Did you ever try emailing them? I sent clam a nice email and they sent me cheap parts like that for an old tent free. Worth a shot
This does not work with Eskimo Flip-Mo parts.
The plastic sleeves to operate the slide buttons kept cracking {Brittle when real Cold} I e/mailed them they said to replace I would have to buy a complete tube and arm assy Big$$$

I bought a plastic welding kit from a dealer in Saskatchewan it worked to repair cracks.
8 years on my Husqvarna Auger only thing had to replace is one set of blades and even that was my fault for drilling a hole where someones truck dumped gravel/sand on lake ice.

Also try WhysGuys repairs he has tons of bit an pieces they are just east of RR220 and Wye road
Old 12-31-2019, 08:50 AM

Lawn mower hospital or any other lawn mower repair shop should have something that will work.

Gonna get me a 16" perch.
Old 02-04-2020, 10:44 AM

Default ice auger

thats why I hate gas augers.....propane all the way... no more problems
Old 02-04-2020, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Where have you guys found parts for your eskimo? Anywhere in Edmonton- Lawnmower hospital maybe?
I'm looking for the fuel line grommet.
give Complete small engine repair a call. I just bought a new tank for my eskimo mako auger for 45.00. He was way cheaper than Amazon prices.
Old 02-04-2020, 11:25 AM

I have ordered parts from Toolstorm and they ship them to me in Calgary from Edm within a few days. They have most in stock too. Don't forget these Viper engines in these Eskimo augers are used in many other man toys as well so you do not have to deal with a fishing type store only for parts. Several others deal with real mfg not Ardisam that just assembles them to Eskimo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckmaster View Post
give Complete small engine repair a call. I just bought a new tank for my eskimo mako auger for 45.00. He was way cheaper than Amazon prices.
Old 02-04-2020, 07:48 PM

I was able to find some on amazon for my jiffy auger. I got 5 of them for like $12 or $15
Old 02-04-2020, 07:56 PM

I had the same problem where the fuel line went through the grommet switched the line to nitro rc fuel line it’s more rubbery.... fixed