Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 10-23-2014, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 510-Gem View Post
Anyone have experience with Strother bows? I'd like to shoot something with a good hard back wall and real sharp valley. I find the carbon element to be a little soft with a wider valley.
I've been shooting a sx1 for two years now and love it. If your around red deer and can handle some weight I'll let you shoot it.
Old 10-24-2014, 08:08 AM

Sweet! Thanks Buddy- Cabelas has one on sale. Maybe I'll go pull that one back if I get a chance.
Old 10-27-2014, 09:54 AM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leather burner View Post
Isn't success is more about the hunter than the bow? Even 1000 yr old technology is plenty to get the job done. p.s. I do love my APA!
Haha there it is! All this tech and innovation does is create a delusional and useless archer. Guys are spending way too much time, energy and money on this stupidity. Our average hunter is firmly seated in the belief that new equip can clean up his shoddy hunting. Guys should be focussed on older simpler equip that can be fixed or maintained with minimal external resources, and spend thier money on fuel for the pickup in favour of being a student of the animals. Focus should be on PREREQUISITE/thousands of years old close range on ground strategies rather than long range shooting. Taking it up another notch would see less time spent at the local range hanging out, to maximize time spent scouting. What our modern hunter has on the avg become is embarrassing. Just my take on tech talk. Bunch of hundred yard cowboys with new rigs talking numbers that mean jack, that never cut tags and get defensive and rash when others succeed gets very tiring. Just my opinion.

It's just Alberta boys... Take what you can while you can,, if ya cant beat em join em.

Keep a strain on er
Old 10-27-2014, 10:21 AM
Gone Hunting

Sorta got lost in own thoughts while reading here, and responded.
I have to wonder aloud, do many serious hunters (non competitive) really care about the numbers? Really i just dont see killers talking about new this or that, bow speed etc etc.

It's just Alberta boys... Take what you can while you can,, if ya cant beat em join em.

Keep a strain on er
Old 10-27-2014, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by packhuntr View Post
Sorta got lost in own thoughts while reading here, and responded.
I have to wonder aloud, do many serious hunters (non competitive) really care about the numbers? Really i just dont see killers talking about new this or that, bow speed etc etc.
^^ Agree.
Old 10-27-2014, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by packhuntr View Post
Haha there it is! All this tech and innovation does is create a delusional and useless archer. Guys are spending way too much time, energy and money on this stupidity. Our average hunter is firmly seated in the belief that new equip can clean up his shoddy hunting. Guys should be focussed on older simpler equip that can be fixed or maintained with minimal external resources, and spend thier money on fuel for the pickup in favour of being a student of the animals. Focus should be on PREREQUISITE/thousands of years old close range on ground strategies rather than long range shooting. Taking it up another notch would see less time spent at the local range hanging out, to maximize time spent scouting. What our modern hunter has on the avg become is embarrassing. Just my take on tech talk. Bunch of hundred yard cowboys with new rigs talking numbers that mean jack, that never cut tags and get defensive and rash when others succeed gets very tiring. Just my opinion.
While were at it ...fuel for the truck???...heck why not hay for the horse...also hear a club is good way to get wife...Dodo birds are all white meat.... otta check out your signature...lol

ribbing ya...all in fun!
Neil
Old 10-27-2014, 05:23 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.O.S.T.Arrow View Post
While were at it ...fuel for the truck???...heck why not hay for the horse...also hear a club is good way to get wife...Dodo birds are all white meat.... otta check out your signature...lol

ribbing ya...all in fun!
Neil
Haha, got er! The sig line is something only people that value fisheries and wildlife can understand lol! Im certain you get it and your comment was tongue in cheek...lol. sorry for the loose cannon derail slim

Keep a strain on er