Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 07-06-2009, 11:32 PM

Default Fawcett water hazards?

I keep hearing about floating/ sunken timber on Fawcett. Thinking of giving it a try, any truth to this or is there anything else I should know before I go motoring across the lake?

Plus, how's the road in?

Thanks
Old 07-07-2009, 08:06 AM

I've spent about 5 days on the water at Fawcett this year and have not hit anything yet, you have to be on the ball and keep your eyes peeled going across the lake because there are some sunken logs out there. I found that most seem to be on the North side of the lake. The larger ones typically poke out of the water enough to see them, but when the lake gets choppy, it is harder to see them. As far as the road goes, it is just fine, as long as you don't mind the 25km of gravel you have to travel. I have been down this road in pouring rain and bone dry days with out issue.

Hope this helps.
Old 07-07-2009, 05:28 PM

Thanks, great stuff to know in advance.

Cheers
Old 07-08-2009, 12:00 AM

Default Fawcett lake

I know there are a few on the south shore as well. That lake has quite a few surprizes and some are so close to the water that with any chop or bigger waves you cant see them. If your on the lake when its calm you will spot them easy, ggod time to make some notes or gps waypoints. I have fished there for years and still wonder why the logs dont get flagged every spring. Someone is going to get hurt one year when they meet one of these logs.