Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 07-13-2009, 03:44 PM
brook trout

Default ram river trip uncanceled!!

im so happy! we are still going this friday! cant wait. but cant get a stimulator what should i use? a friend of mine went there like two weeks ago and said he caught just browns and brookies. i have some mayfly parachte patterns lots of nymphs (no strike indicator) and a hopper some caddis and woolybuggers and chernobyl ant. what should i use?
Old 07-13-2009, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brook trout View Post
im so happy! we are still going this friday! cant wait. but cant get a stimulator what should i use? a friend of mine went there like two weeks ago and said he caught just browns and brookies. i have some mayfly parachte patterns lots of nymphs (no strike indicator) and a hopper some caddis and woolybuggers and chernobyl ant. what should i use?
Was just out on Sunday.... South Ram was running clear at the falls in the afternoon and all the tribs running clear. I don't know who your friend was but he is telling you fish stories.
Your caddis might work and maybe a hopper however you really should have some stimmies... caught a ton of cutties on orange and olive stimmies. When they are on you can pretty much catch them with anything.
Old 07-13-2009, 09:35 PM

I'll be heading out there on friday for the weekend as well. Went last weekend to scout out some campsites for the horses, tried fishin a couple spots, but came up dry. Met a couple guys that said they got into some cutties. Maybe see ya along the river. We'll be in a beige f-250 or on horseback. Good luck.

Cheers,
Alex
Old 07-14-2009, 12:46 AM

I was there yesterday and today, saw some drakes and stones. Caught em on pretty much any dry fly I used (and one on the dropper). Was mostly using the big and bushy drys and they all seemed to work well.