Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 06-09-2014, 09:48 AM
Banned

Default mornville trout pond

just a little heads up to anyone who fishes mornville pond. fish and wildlife would be VERY interested to know if any pike are actually being caught there. if possible a pic. with caught pike and some background that shows it is at that pond would be appreciated.
there is nothing they can do now that the pond has been stocked, but if they have good reason to think pike are in that pond they will set gill nets to assess the density of pike and go from there.
also the fish tech. i talked to said that unfortunatly any pike caught there must be released as per regs. (page 16 in the regs). if however the pike is severely hurt or damaged during release that would be so sad too bad (my take on situation, not his).
Old 06-09-2014, 12:18 PM
Banned

There have never been any pike in there but the bucket brigade introduced perch in there in the past. Hopefully only one or two pike have been introduced because I know firsthand how fast it can become a pike lake and destroy the trout lake.

I know that the reason for the no keep reg is to discourage people from introducing pike/perch but if I fish there and catch a pike, I'm releasing it into the bush, out of my possession. I doubt that any F&W Officer would issue you a ticket for doing that.
Old 06-09-2014, 12:46 PM

There are many reports on the ifish app that says there are pike in the smaller pond on the east side of the highway by the ball diamonds.Unless you are thinking of the reservoir on the west side of the highway. Hopefully no pike end up in there.
Old 06-09-2014, 12:47 PM

Hopefully you get caught wasting a game fish it's people like you who ruin it for everyone.
Old 06-09-2014, 12:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by crf250xtom View Post
Hopefully you get caught wasting a game fish it's people like you who ruin it for everyone.
Are you the individual that's trying to ruin the trout fishery by dumping pike in there?
Old 06-09-2014, 02:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by crf250xtom View Post
sorry crf, couldn't disagree more. this is more about saving a fishery rather than hurting one. your not getting it.
Old 06-09-2014, 02:29 PM

Oh he "got it" all right. In record time too.
Old 06-09-2014, 04:22 PM

I couldn't agree more with Crf what you guys are planning to do is highly illegal and you should be punished to the full extent of the law!!
Old 06-09-2014, 04:42 PM

I guess we will miss you too.
You realize we are talking about a puny little community pond that can barely hold 1600 stocked trout that someone illegally threw some pike into. The pond anglers have enough problems with poachers and now there is a handful of illegally introduced pike to worry about.
I have no idea what is wrong with some people today.
Old 06-09-2014, 05:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosbyfan123 View Post
I couldn't agree more with Crf what you guys are planning to do is highly illegal and you should be punished to the full extent of the law!!
I have no plans of doing anything. There are enough members of the Morinville F&G Club that can take care of their own problems. I don't know of any F&W Officers that would issue anyone a ticket for "harvesting" a an illegally introduced species out of a trout lake unless you were keeping it to consume. I wouldn't judge you for doing nothing though as you are just following the rules to the letter.

How long do you think that a pike would remain in Muir Lake or Bullshead if someone caught one there?