Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-18-2018, 03:31 PM

Default Ryerson University Hosting 'White Privilege Congerence-Global'

Yes indeed, the White Privilege Conference is a real thing. A friend mentioned it to me in a text, and I thought he was being silly until I looked into it. I'm not sure if I'm emotionally prepared enough to get that kind of enlightenment.

https://www.ryerson.ca/wpc-global/

Post secondary institutions, bastions of critical thinking.

Let's try and keep it civil, I don't want a suspension out of this by it going all sideways. But it did make my eyebrows go up when I read about it, and thought others might also find it interesting.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 01-18-2018, 03:54 PM

You will never win an argument or discussion on this topic, believe me I have tried to discuss this WP issue with my millennial west coast daughter and son in law, so now as much as I want to get into a discussion with them I just bite my tongue. Old dogs can learn new tricks.
Old 01-18-2018, 03:59 PM

Talking

well, 5 of the listed key note speakers are not white, how do we think this is going to go?

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 01-18-2018, 04:00 PM

After using the link provided by the OP, once again I am forced to bite my tongue on this nonsense and thank a higher being that I am in the October of my life.
Old 01-18-2018, 04:02 PM
Banned

Hypocrisy, way to label an entire race.

Identity politics 101.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg images-158.jpeg (12.9 KB, 185 views)
File Type: jpeg images-45.jpeg (12.1 KB, 176 views)
Old 01-18-2018, 04:22 PM
Banned

Should be a short conference.
Old 01-18-2018, 04:24 PM

I noticed the conference starts on May 9.
I am celebrating a milestone birthday that day and I don't plan to attend.
Old 01-18-2018, 04:26 PM

Ryerson.... home of Wendy the Kook.
Old 01-18-2018, 04:27 PM

No comment...
Old 01-18-2018, 04:30 PM

I just scratch my head and wonder when the mandate of schools changed from teaching kids how to think for themselves (critical thinking), and became 'what to think' (indoctrination). Sad commentary, it makes me worry for the future. A lot of kids who have been actually raised by their parents with values and critical thinking skills see right through it, but they still have to play the game to get grades and diplomas. Those that dare speak out usually suffer consequences.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone

Last edited by Twisted Canuck; 01-18-2018 at 04:48 PM.
Old 01-18-2018, 04:45 PM

Covering Whiteness and Critical Whiteness. What's Critical Whiteness?

Born a white male in 67. Who knew I would be privileged at 50. Sure don't feel it, I don't act like it. Never once felt my skin color got me ahead of someone else. But if they say so, it must be right. I fear where social attitudes will be in 20 years if this keeps on going. Common sense is almost gone when dealing with the human race.
Old 01-18-2018, 04:46 PM

I just read it and my first thoughts were wow. I think we need a solar flare to turn off the power grid and reset the world's population....
Old 01-18-2018, 04:51 PM

If racism is bad and evil, why is it OK to have a conference on the evils of being white? Isn't that racism? Seems like gross hypocrisy to me, but perhaps I just don't understand the finer nuances of it...

Old 01-18-2018, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
well, 5 of the listed key note speakers are not white, how do we think this is going to go?

No kidding! But with Ryerson involved, I would expect nothing less.
Old 01-18-2018, 06:55 PM

Hmm.....I don't see Ben Shapiro as one of the speakers.
Odd.
Old 01-18-2018, 06:57 PM

White privilege is a pipe dream
White guilt is alive and well
Old 01-18-2018, 07:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckhead View Post
Odd.
He would have those pathetic people stunned speechless so fast.

He can sure find the right words at the right time. Quite the speaker.
Old 01-18-2018, 07:06 PM

am trying to figure out when it was a bad thing too be "white"!
I never once growing up thought it was bad for a person too be a different race, creed, or color because THAT is how I was raised!

What a bunch of dolts, and this coming from some place that is supposed to be a higher level of learning institution.
Of course with a place that employs one of THE most offensive people in Canada towards legal gun owners, why should it be surprising too anyone!
Cat
Old 01-18-2018, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckhead View Post
Odd.
That would be like dropping a cherry bomb in a toilet....in so many ways!

Old 01-18-2018, 07:24 PM

Speakers panel living vicariously.........
Old 01-18-2018, 07:48 PM

Guest speakers will be carefully selected for sure, they must support the Ryerson University agenda.
Old 01-18-2018, 09:37 PM

Wonder what the media would say if another college or university allowed a KKK rally...not that it would ever happen, just wondering what the media elite and/or activists would say.
Old 01-18-2018, 10:12 PM

Anybody using the term “white privilege” is using it as an excuse to cover up their own racist actions/ beliefs/ and push their own twisted agenda/world reordering down your throat without your objection, hoping to shame and guilt trip you into not recognizing or objecting to their incipide self-interested gains.

I have a policy. Tell me I have white privilege and I going to call you out on what you really are.....a parasite hoping to benefit from historical issue by propagating more racism and hatred.......and hope you get offended enough to cry or go into mental meltdown.
Old 01-19-2018, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex811 View Post
Wonder what the media would say if another college or university allowed a KKK rally...not that it would ever happen, just wondering what the media elite and/or activists would say.
A university might not allow the KKK but oddly enough.... in the early 1930's the Alberta government sanctioned a request from the KKK to incorporate as a business and set up a provincial head office in Edmonton.

The way I look at it is that it doesn't matter what color you are or even your beliefs because the truth of the matter is we all have one thing in common.... all paths lead to the grave. We all come and go from a place called earth.
It is when you walk alone in nature that you discover your strengths and weaknesses. ~ Red Bullets
Old 01-19-2018, 08:10 AM

Having being involved in hiring and dealing with problem employees for a large company for several years, there was no advantage to being white. There were hiring quotas for other races, but none for whites. There were special apprenticeship programs for other races, but none for whites. Special emphasis was placed on promoting certain races to management positions, but not for whites. If an employee found themself in trouble with substance abuse, or had other issues, non whites were given extra chances to overcome their issues. Overall the company, like most other large companies in the area, promoted non white privilege.
Old 01-19-2018, 08:18 AM

Default There is only one answer.

People are regressing as a civilization again this time it is the west.
Old 01-19-2018, 08:21 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Having being involved in hiring and dealing with problem employees for a large company for several years, there was no advantage to being white. There were hiring quotas for other races, but none for whites. There were special apprenticeship programs for other races, but none for whites. Special emphasis was placed on promoting certain races to management positions, but not for whites. If an employee found themself in trouble with substance abuse, or had other issues, non whites were given extra chances to overcome their issues. Overall the company, like most other large companies in the area, promoted non white privilege.
All true, a perfect example of how inverted society really is, now these companies are all hot and heavy to hire and promote women over men now too!

Great time to be a "PRIVILIDGED" white male!
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg mqdefault-32.jpeg (18.4 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpeg images-47.jpeg (14.2 KB, 34 views)
Old 01-19-2018, 08:23 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Exactly, it's a let down to be born white.
Old 01-19-2018, 08:27 AM

Take note people. We need to remember and document these atrocities that happened to oppress us whites and males. Later on, our grandchildren can seek restitution from the government for they way their grandparents were marginalized and their heritage was erased.
Old 01-19-2018, 08:28 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperMOA View Post
Take note people. We need to remember and document these atrocities that happened to oppress us whites and males. Later on, our grandchildren can seek restitution from the government for they way their grandparents were marginalized and their heritage was erased.
Lol yes, but don't forget we were given the honour and privilege to carry the majority of the financial load.