Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Trapping Discussion

Old 02-10-2003, 02:17 PM
Trapping equipement

Default Trapping equipement

I'm looking for trapping equipement for a low price and I don't Know where to find some?
Used equipement is good enough for me
Old 02-10-2003, 05:41 PM
Turney

Default Trapping equip

I have some 330's and 110's. What else are you looking for in equipment? Drop your e-mail address and I can get back to you.
Turney
Old 02-11-2003, 05:48 PM
Whoadanielle

Default Re: Trapping equip

hey, i am interested in those traps!!!, can you drop me an e-mail with prices and condition?

thanks alot!!!
-Jared, My e-mail is j_dogg_2767@hotmail.com
Old 02-26-2003, 12:56 PM
trapping suppiles

Default trapping suppiles

Try ****kers for your traps. They have the best prives because they order big volume. Nobody can beat their wholesale price on almost anything
Old 03-18-2003, 03:27 PM
skinning supplies

Default skinning supplies

Hi i was wondering if anybody out there had used skinning equipment like fleshers, beams, and stretchers.Irally need some.
Old 03-18-2003, 03:36 PM
Re:Trapping supplies

Default Re:Trapping supplies

The Alberta Trappers Assoc. has at times a selection of used trapping equipment and their prices are very reasonable.A lot of traps have been copied by off shore immitations.My personal opinion on Duke traps....."I would rather trap with stcks and rocks than use a Duke trap"In trapping furever Zepf.
Old 03-20-2003, 11:35 AM
traps

Default traps

what brand of traps are good ? i currently use Savague traps.
Mad trapper
Old 03-20-2003, 08:54 PM
Trap preference

Default Trap preference

:hat Thats a tough question and personal preference.I find the Duke traps junk.Their springs are weak and the riveting job:hat :hat
s poor workmanship.Tough to beat a Victor connibear trap.With the new trap approvals a person might want to follow the approved list to stay on the good side of the law.Myself ...i don t care for the sauvgeau and LDL bodygrips as they have an extra striking bar and can create a safety risk at 40 below with yur thumbs stuck in the trap.I had some MB 750 s for problem beaver...they are a well build trap till some gave me some C.D.R s....they have way more holding power on a leg catch and i like the PAWS e trip pan.Very few traps are user ready out of the box.Most of them need a "tune up" or slight modification.Just some thoughts from an old trapper....hope this helps.Zepf
Old 03-28-2003, 02:11 PM
how they work

Default how they work

I am not an old trapper i am fairly new to this sport. What do you mean when you say tune up? I was told the extra bar on the savaguea 330s was more humane. I buy only traps that are legal and classed as humane. iam very interested in thoughts from old trappers. Any coyote tips?
Old 03-29-2003, 05:37 PM
Trap tune up

Default Trap tune up

As a young trapper it is respectful that you want to trap humanely.A humane kill is defined as one where an animal is rendered ireverseably unconcious in under 3 minutes.My point about the sauvageau traps was that the extra strikin bar may be user unfriendly in cold weather.When we are alone in the woods we must excersise every safety precaution whether it is using a chainsaw or setting a trap...its along cold crawl home.On a 330 body grip trap i use a chainsaw fill too deepen the trigger notch dog for safety reasons.I also attach a 5 ft piece of 3/32 cable to the chain to eliminate some of the tie down wire.Just personal preference.On a leg hold i file and adjust the trigger dog to a hair trigger.Cut down the pan size to allow a better foot catch.Charles Dobbins has an excellent book on trap tune up.Just a few thought on a day where i should be out bvr trappin.Hope this helps.In trappin fur ever..Zepf
Old 03-31-2003, 02:14 PM
books

Default books

thanks. can i buy this book at ****ker fur or Alberta Trappers association? What do you use to scoop the ice chips out after you chop a hole? This year i used a ice fishing scoop from wal-mart:lol It broke after 4 days.>: do you use special gloves when trapping coyotes? when is the soonest i can start trapping coyote in the fall when their pelt will be worth something?:rollin
Mad trapper
Old 04-05-2003, 09:38 PM
Trapping tips

Default Trapping tips

Try checking on Paul Dobbins website....www.trapperman.com he has a catalog with his dads books.As far as chopping a hole in the ice and removing the chips goes....Get a long handled sqare tye shovel and blow some 1 inch holes in it with a cutting torch.The long handle is nice cuz ya can stand on the bvr house in a safe spot.I use a husky chainsaw fur choppin some holes.I file my chain teeth straight across and use ripping chain.I also own a Jiffy Mille Lacs ice chisel...best chisel I have ever owned.When I am yodle dog trappin i wear a thin pair of cotton glovesunder big mitts.I put the mitts on a string around my neck and when i stop...remove the mitts and don t have them on the ground filin with snow.as for yur question on yote trappin depends if ya wanna use legholds or not.Hope this helps....:hat dang i con should be sportin a fur cap.Best of luck to ya....Zepf.
Old 05-14-2003, 10:56 PM
Trapping

Default Trapping

I need to buy some used 110 Connibear traps ASAP. I'm a nuisance trapper in Iowa and have more muskrat trapping than I have traps to cover it.
Old 05-17-2003, 07:51 PM
rabbets

Default rabbets

i need to find out how to catch rabbets with a live trap.:\ :>: |
Old 05-19-2003, 06:45 PM
Don Meredith

Default trappingrabbits

how to catch rabbits with live trap .what baits to use?how often to check them?what is the best way to catch rabbits in live trap ?Would appreciate any help you can give. Thank you.
Old 07-05-2003, 09:01 PM
rabbit trapping

Default rabbit trapping

find rabbit poop and put your trap near any trails in the in nearby bushes. cover the trap with leaves and sticks. put lettuce and/or karrots around your traps. then put a part of a head of lettuce in your trap. if you use wooden traps and you catch a possum, you will never catch a rabbit in that trap again.
Old 07-06-2003, 05:28 PM
traps needed

Default traps needed

I am new to trapping and need some traps. Nobody in or around my deer camp traps, so I have about 700 arkansas :rolleyes acres to trap. A couple friends and I need a large number of used #1,#1 1/2,#1 3/4
#110,#160,#220,#330. Need in the next 3 months. Used parts also needed if you have any around. E-mail ne with terms and descriptions at cowboy_up_2oo6@yahoo.com, thanks
Old 07-06-2003, 09:14 PM
clay stone

Default trapping equipement

i also need trapping equipment. i am new to trapping. i need a large supply of #1, #1 1/2, #1 3/4,#110, #160, #220,# 330. also need parts as well. used would be great. e-mail me at cowboy_up_2oo6@yahoo.com with terms.