Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fly-Fishing Discussion

Old 07-26-2022, 08:58 PM

Default Cuba flat fishing partner needed

Should of posted here. My partner can’t make this trip as he had made a family commitment he has to work through.

If anyone has interest pm me

There are three of us fishing. The trip is nicely discounted.

It is sight fishing from a boat which is the peak of exciting.
I have checked and if you don’t have the fly fishing gear, for $300 US you can rent it from the company.
I have fished down in southern Cuba during this time and the fishing was absolutely amazing. This specific location I have not fished before due to the cost… however now it is more manageable. The trip is for 6 days fishing. We can’t bring any fish home. This is a protected park which means a lot of fish. On occasion if you catch a snapper, grouper or jack, the boat’s cook can prepare it up. Other species are for catch and release.
If you are interested in attending, please let me know. From Calgary it appears flight costs to Cuba are on the high side… about $1500 return through Toronto. Layovers long enough that I am not concerned.
One could tack on additional time to stay in Varadero or elsewhere. We will be flying to the Varadero airport and the company will transport us to the boat for fishing departure.
As the goal is to secure this deal, please feel free to share with others and get back to me. The date chosen fall on favorable tides. If people are interested but just not this date I can try and find alternate dates.
Thanks all.
Kevin

RATES INCLUDE:
- Reception at the Varadero airport
- Cayo Coco, Camagüey or Santa Clara transfer (1 GROUP transfer per way)
- 7 nights on Jardines Avalon 2, 6 days on full board basis
- 5.75 days fishing
- Open Bar with Beer, Wine, Rum, Soft drinks and Water
- Inscription fee
RATES DO NOT INCLUDE:
- International flights
- Hotels in Havana or other cities
- Individual/additional transfers
- Conservation fee: US$ 100 per angler, per week
- Tips, personal expenses

TRIP DATES: October 22 - 29, 2022
DESTINATION: JARDINES DE LA REINA
ACCOMMODATION: JA2 YACHT (PICTURES ATTACHED)
COST PER ANGLER: US$ 4,000
Here are the links to the brochures so you see more about these destinations
https://cubanfishingcenters.com/down...ochure-JA4.pdf

I have previously tied some flies and would like to arrange some tying sessions with whomever can come.

I’d be happy to meet and see if there is a personality match. I’m easy going and like to take turns flats fishing so we get equal shots at fish.

Fishing is for bonefish, permit, tarpon, snook, barracuda, jacks, kingfish, grouper, snapper…

Fishing is 8-12 hours a day.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 08-13-2022, 10:44 AM

I found a buddy but my other buddy had his wife become unable to attend.

If anyone is interested in an amazing trip for an amazing price please let me know asap.

Thanks

Flight cost looks to be about $1000 right now.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 08-23-2022, 11:03 PM

Well my buddy is coming now. Friends wife bailed. He speaks fluent French and good English. If anyone wants a French speaking partner to hammer some amazing flats fishing send me a PM.