Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Trapping Discussion

Old 10-29-2016, 07:15 PM

Default 5 quarters to snare coyotes

I posted this earlier and I have not received one call I'm not sure if it is too far away from the city or no one is interested in coming out I have a quarter section of land and there are five or six quarters adjoining and beside me that are allowed to Hunter or snare coyotes we have so many coyotes they are coming into the yard and I would like them to be depopulated as much as possible if you have the knowledge the ability to come and snare these coyotes please call me at 780-514-5916 if you are a weekend warrior that only wants to come out for one day to shoot I apologize but I do not want that out here I would like somebody professional to come snare these coyotes take them away whether you make money off of them or not I do not care I just would like to see the population knocked down. I am very close to the town of Breton.
Old 10-29-2016, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDKiller View Post
I posted this earlier and I have not received one call if you are a weekend warrior that only wants to come out for one day to shoot I apologize but I do not want that out here.... I just would like to see the population knocked down.
This is probably why?

I do however wonder why you want them snared and not shot? either way is going to take care of them, and if they are snared but not killed by the snare you still gotta shoot em.
Old 10-29-2016, 08:38 PM

Don't really care how one kills them I just don't want someone who comes out one day and never again leaving me to ask yet again for someone to come out. I also would like to find someone who won't take advantage of a give away situation. I don't need deer hunters, moose hunters I just want a coyote hunter. Of course I don't want bullets flying everywhere as well. However the biggest reason for wanting someone who will stay the course is I would like to help out and maybe earn a nice pelt. That's it. Hope that answers your question.
UPDATE..... I have given the hunting permission to a fellow AO member. No need to respond anymore.
Thank you
Old 10-29-2016, 11:17 PM
Banned

Geeze, I wish that you were closer to me. I wouldn't give up on finding a Trapper, he could take out one heck of a lot more coyotes than a hunter with a predator call. I'm going to pm you a couple of numbers at the Drayton Valley Trapping Local. Maybe they can find someone for you.
PM sent.

Last edited by HunterDave; 10-29-2016 at 11:43 PM.
Old 10-31-2016, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post
Geeze, I wish that you were closer to me. I wouldn't give up on finding a Trapper, he could take out one heck of a lot more coyotes than a hunter with a predator call. I'm going to pm you a couple of numbers at the Drayton Valley Trapping Local. Maybe they can find someone for you.
PM sent.
X2 on the trapper, a trapper is always knocking down the population, he doesn't even have to be there...
Old 11-01-2016, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDKiller View Post
I posted this earlier and I have not received one call I'm not sure if it is too far away from the city or no one is interested in coming out I have a quarter section of land and there are five or six quarters adjoining and beside me that are allowed to Hunter or snare coyotes we have so many coyotes they are coming into the yard and I would like them to be depopulated as much as possible if you have the knowledge the ability to come and snare these coyotes please call me at 780-514-5916 if you are a weekend warrior that only wants to come out for one day to shoot I apologize but I do not want that out here I would like somebody professional to come snare these coyotes take them away whether you make money off of them or not I do not care I just would like to see the population knocked down. I am very close to the town of Breton.
I know a junior trapper that would love to help you out.
I will give your contact info to him.

Also, myself and a friend would like to assist you in coyote hunting once hunting season is over. I will call you later in the day.
Old 11-01-2016, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
X2 on the trapper, a trapper is always knocking down the population, he doesn't even have to be there...
I sent a similar PM the other day, trapping controls things 24hrs/day. Once the coyotes get call shy they will change behaviours.

LC