Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 08-14-2022, 11:11 AM

Default Bowtech Guardian Compound Bow

Contemplating purchase of a Bowtech Guardian that comes with Sureloc sight, unknown arrow rest, and some arrows. He's asking $450. Some years ago I had a Hoyt Nitrum but injured my shoulder - sold - which I now kick myself for as I went to a #30 Hoyt HPX recurve. I kept all my original accessories which costs substantially more and I'm used to. I see that The sights and mounts run about $200. I've never owned a Bowtech. Any suggestions or things to watch out for?
Old 08-14-2022, 08:17 PM

I had three guardians back in 2007/8 and loved how quiet they were. I also had a general and loved it as well.

That’s the good

The bad. They’re 15 year old bows now. Parts are hard to find (draw modules etc) and technology has changed significantly in the past fifteen years. They’re comparatively slow but relatively forgiving as a result. Imo the price is at least $200-250 to high. If the price was <$250 and your ok with a slow bow, can find the correct draw module and don’t care if something gets damaged that the whole bow might be trashed as a result…it might be worth it.
For $450 you should be able to find a ~3-5ish year old compound. I brought a spare “backup” with me when I moved over here and bought a 4 year old Hoyt Faktor for $400.
Old 08-16-2022, 04:04 PM

Thanks for the info. Forgot all about the Factor.
Having owned a Nitrum 34 - sold- KICK MYSELF - With the Factor 30 being a bit shorter I definitely would feel better believing in the quality of the bow. Thanks. Gon searching