Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Trapping Discussion

Old 10-25-2022, 05:53 PM

Default Looking to jr on a line west of Calgary.

Probably a long shot but Looking to jr on a line sw of Calgary. I’ve looked up and contacted a few trappers but they where not interested in having another guy on their line. I just want to hobby about nothing super serious, I don’t want to get fat over the winter and would like something to do after hunting season closes. If anyone has room on their line south of the #1, west of highway 22 and north of hwy 3 pm me, thanks!
Old 10-26-2022, 10:17 AM

Dubious, most trappers want a partner that is willing to work hard and put up some decent fur. A partner that wants to have a nice nap in a warm cabin not much use on a line.
Old 10-26-2022, 06:06 PM

Not looking for access to the infrastructure and I’m willing to help out I just don’t have an endless budget to buy traps sleads quad saws and everything that comes with putting up large amounts of fur. I also have a full time job a toddler and am going to school so being a weekend/evening warrior is all I can commit time wise hence looking for something close to home and being a hobbyist. I have trapped on private land and have been successful in catching the ranchers only 7 beavers and a handful of badger but the 2 hour each way turn around was a bit much. I can honestly say the most difficult part of trapping to date has been finding access. Rod helped me out huge with some traps and I’ve been talking to Calgary trappers, I really appreciate all the help and tips I have been given.