Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2020, 12:04 PM
Banned

Default sherwood park range??

hey all i heard this was the best place to fin out.

what is up with passes this year? i paid, i think i have a pass but i have no idea if i can get in or not yet. are we going to get our little cards in the mail? have you already gotten your cards yet?

seems like the pass people have fallen off the wagon again. they were good for 2 years now they can't do them in time again or what?

so if anyones nos please help i want to go cherck my 0 on my christmas present.
Old 01-15-2020, 05:47 PM

I renewed also but haven’t received my new cards for 2020 yet. It’s not a huge deal. Your pass card for the gate will remain active as long as your membership does and your number doesn’t change so long as your membership does not expire. I’m not about to not shoot if I’m paid up and renewed just because I don’t have the current card in my hands January 1st. You’re renewed and your pass card will still be active. Zero away my man.
Old 01-15-2020, 06:27 PM

2020’s cards weren’t going to be mailed out until sometime in January, if you renewed your pass will still work but if you’re a new member than you have to wait until either your pass shows or until the orientation (I believe they hand them out then in person, I could be wrong though. It has been a number of years since I joined)

As far as I know the passes were only good for a year not two and seeing as the range dropped the capacity limit I imagine the office has gotten busier than past years.
Old 01-15-2020, 10:05 PM

Quote:
The orientation (and test for proof of completion) is required of all new members. We now are pushing this to a more online format as the new members in the past year have already seen.

As for membership cards, due to some technical challenges getting our new system up and running, we were not able to start printing cards before the office closed for the Christmas break. We will start when they are back on January 2. New memberships will be given priority over renewals since renewing members still have a membership ID and gate access card that are valid until the new IDs arrive.
This is what was posted on the ketchamoot Facebook group by a feller that seems to know what he’s talking about. I haven’t gotten my ID badge yet but assume my access card still works. If you’re on the Facebook that group seems to have quite a bit of engagement from people in the know.
Old 01-22-2020, 06:59 AM

I emailed last week and got the same “ mailed after Jan 2” reply. We’re three weeks into January now. I’m starting to get a bit concerned.
Old 01-22-2020, 07:41 AM

These people that do the work have lives other than the range work, if last years passes work who cares and for the newbies, be patient
Old 01-22-2020, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noelb View Post
I emailed last week and got the same “ mailed after Jan 2” reply. We’re three weeks into January now. I’m starting to get a bit concerned.
My card came in the mail last Friday, so they’re being mailed out
Old 01-22-2020, 10:05 AM

I got mine about a week ago as well. I sent in my renewal as soon as the system was up and running.
Old 01-22-2020, 10:24 AM

My renewal arrived yesterday, so no big deal since if I actually had time to go and freeze my bits off my pass card still works. Volunteer organization, so I try not to get too excited.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-22-2020, 11:53 AM

My renual card came yesterday, Jan 21
Old 01-23-2020, 09:17 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronan_357 View Post
My card came in the mail last Friday, so they’re being mailed out
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
I got mine about a week ago as well. I sent in my renewal as soon as the system was up and running.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJABABY View Post
My renual card came yesterday, Jan 21
that's awesome i'm glad they're finally getting them out. i should see mine any day now then i can head out there and get my some plinking in.

cabela has a sale on rimfire so i'm just out to go stalk up on some!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitscottn View Post
My renewal arrived yesterday, so no big deal since if I actually had time to go and freeze my bits off my pass card still works. Volunteer organization, so I try not to get too excited.

haha "volunteer" as in they have a big fancy office full of people in edmonton? i had to drive down ther so i could pay cash they have some of the biggest heaviest fancy doors you'll ever seen. plus range officers and a maintenance guy that i herd makes 80K a year....

i used to "volunter" when i was younger too it helped pay for my retirement they're just a company cashing in on us old guys like everyone else hehe
Old 01-23-2020, 09:26 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesohornady View Post

haha "volunteer" as in they have a big fancy office full of people in edmonton? i had to drive down ther so i could pay cash they have some of the biggest heaviest fancy doors you'll ever seen. plus range officers and a maintenance guy that i herd makes 80K a year....
Odd...I've only ever been to their office in Sherwood Park.
Where is this Edmonton office you speak of?
Old 01-23-2020, 09:28 AM

Quote:
that's awesome i'm glad they're finally getting them out. i should see mine any day now then i can head out there and get my some plinking in.

i used to "volunter" when i was younger too it helped pay for my retirement they're just a company cashing in on us old guys like everyone else hehe
Surely you jest, what’s the address of this fabulous place? I bet they have cookies.

LC
Old 01-23-2020, 09:31 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtodrick View Post
Odd...I've only ever been to their office in Sherwood Park.
Where is this Edmonton office you speak of?
oooo the address doesn't come to me but it was right by the fishin hole! so i wasn't upset at all hehe
Old 01-23-2020, 09:33 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
Surely you jest, what’s the address of this fabulous place? I bet they have cookies.

LC
lots of the ladies there weren't hard on the ol eyes hehe
Old 01-23-2020, 09:40 AM

So you went to the office in the city where they have outsourced some of the administrative tasks. That is a paid service, not volunteers. All they do is process paper, no decisions are made by them, that relies on the volunteers on the board.

Old 01-23-2020, 09:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
So you went to the office in the city where they have outsourced some of the administrative tasks. That is a paid service, not volunteers. All they do is process paper, no decisions are made by them, that relies on the volunteers on the board.

i meant no disrespect just that them workers aint volunteers. i would wayjer the club folks are club folks but the business is a business that's all i meant.

you seem to be pretty in the know so sorry agian didn't meen to start no snuff by it
Old 01-23-2020, 10:02 AM

Quote:
i meant no disrespect just that them workers aint volunteers. i would wayjer the club folks are club folks but the business is a business that's all i meant.

you seem to be pretty in the know so sorry agian didn't meen to start no snuff by it

None taken. I am just a big believer in the fact we have fewer of these facilities as the years go by and we need to make sure they stay healthy. If we have an issue or a concern on how funds are used, who gets paid what it is directed to the organization (or other issues) and not on a public forum. If only discussed here, very unlikely anything will be dealt with at the club level. Thanks.

Old 01-23-2020, 10:06 AM
Banned

Quote:
None taken. I am just a big believer in the fact we have fewer of these facilities as the years go by and we need to make sure they stay healthy. If we have an issue or a concern on how funds are used, who gets paid what it is directed to the organization (or other issues) and not on a public forum. If only discussed here, very unlikely anything will be dealt with at the club level. Thanks.

they should stay how they are! not bad to pay people for workin
Old 01-23-2020, 11:06 AM

Quote:

That company that collects membership money, and that takes calls and sends out newsletters is a contractor, it isn't part of SPFGA. Our range in Camrose just started using them as well, because our volunteers didn't have the time to keep the club running, and handle all of the membership database as well. As for the maintenance man that makes $80k per year I am sure he will be pleased to find out that he received such a large raise, and wasn't even aware of it.
Old 01-23-2020, 11:25 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
That company that collects membership money, and that takes calls and sends out newsletters is a contractor, it isn't part of SPFGA. Our range in Camrose just started using them as well, because our volunteers didn't have the time to keep the club running, and handle all of the membership database as well. As for the maintenance man that makes $80k per year I am sure he will be pleased to find out that he received such a large raise, and wasn't even aware of it.
being a business makes it a business is all. i taint sayin the horn measurin guys, the kids out doiing their fancy shooting games is a business. that theres a club and run by volunteers who are putting in there time and making the whole place better

but the business is a business and aught to be expected of one. there taint nuthin wrong with that.
Old 01-23-2020, 11:46 AM

Quote:
being a business makes it a business is all. i taint sayin the horn measurin guys, the kids out doiing their fancy shooting games is a business. that theres a club and run by volunteers who are putting in there time and making the whole place better

but the business is a business and aught to be expected of one. there taint nuthin wrong with that.
The club would be a terrible business model,, because they don't make any profits. The executives and chairs, don't get a salary, and they still have to pay for their membership.
Old 01-23-2020, 12:01 PM
Banned

Quote:

Pretty sure people are taking you to task for the fact that there is no maintenance man 'making $80k' a year.
Where you got that from lord only knows.
Old 01-23-2020, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Stop spreading misinformation. The range has thousands of members and they pay a retired member of this forum who I am friends with to do maintenance work a handful of hours a week. Trust me when I say he puts in way more than he is paid for. If someone told you that then they are a bold-faced liar or seriously misinformed. End of story.

SPFGA is not perfect, as no organization is perfect. However, they have a wonderful facility, try their best to give members what they want within reason, and offer great value to whomever joins. They are also run by dedicated volunteers who give of their time in leadership roles to make the place what it is.
Old 01-23-2020, 01:01 PM
Banned

whoa guys......

don't want no changes aint complaining about them making money neither always happy to pay for a service. just wanted to talk to the ones in the know which i herd was here

about the gator guy. just some guy at the bench says one thing to nuther is all probably taint a stick of truth to it as was implied by my hearing it..... taint sure why its so hot a topic

no need to jump down a guys throat here
Old 01-23-2020, 01:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
whoa guys......

don't want no changes aint complaining about them making money neither always happy to pay for a service. just wanted to talk to the ones in the know which i herd was here

about the gator guy. just some guy at the bench says one thing to nuther is all probably taint a stick of truth to it as was implied by my hearing it..... taint sure why its so hot a topic

no need to jump down a guys throat here
Actually there is...it's been pointed out numerous times that you are flat our wrong and spreading misinformation...and yet you still state aint complaining about them making money neither when you've told it's a non profit staffed by volunteers.
Starting to think 'troll'.
Old 01-23-2020, 01:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtodrick View Post
Actually there is...it's been pointed out numerous times that you are flat our wrong and spreading misinformation...and yet you still state aint complaining about them making money neither when you've told it's a non profit staffed by volunteers.
Starting to think 'troll'.
the volunteers is volunteers... like i been sayin. they do the shooting and the horn scrorin and do darn good.

the business is business. i been there... a club guy confirmed it..... camrose done the same thing says another..... theres not a thing wrong with it!!! don't give a toot about who does the work just wantta go have some fun

leave the paper pushin to the ones who arent out having fun i say
Closed Thread