Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 11-03-2021, 11:10 AM

Dang that's a big one. Congrats to the fellow that caught it!!

And sorry for the drama that goes along with a great catch.

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk
Old 11-03-2021, 12:18 PM

That’s quite a large walleye. Based on the position and size of the fellows hand near the gills I would have no reason to doubt it is at least a 15+ lbs fish.
Congrats! That’s a beast!
Old 11-03-2021, 01:04 PM

Congratulations to the unknown angler.....that's a Great Fish!!
Cheers to You Buddy!
Old 11-03-2021, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwood View Post
For all of you saying this walleye doesn't look that large, blah, blah, etc.....just look at the girth of the tail section relative to his hand. It's very large. Period.
No kidding! I had the same thought. Actually looks like a laker it is so fat. Beast!!!
Old 11-03-2021, 06:46 PM

Congrats on a great fish

Now how many are going to man up and apologize
Old 11-03-2021, 07:27 PM

Default Wabamun

Holy hell Wabamun is producing huge wallye. Wow!
Old 11-03-2021, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .243dude View Post
Until i see this walleye in the record book. I am still not convinced with the crappy angle photo posted. I’m not bashing him and saying it’s a small walleye, it’s a monster for Alberta yes. But provincial record? I’m still skeptical of the weight 🙂

Btw beautiful walleye 😘
Agreed!
No question she's a monster! However the hype and secrecy about posting a pic leads me to be suspicious of "record" status... standing by for validation. Until then it's just a (finally) picture of very nice Walleye.
Old 11-04-2021, 08:29 AM

Thumbs up

That is one very nice walleye. My pb comes no where close to it so I'm a wee bit envious. Congrats to the angler!
Old 11-04-2021, 11:04 AM

Are there any other pics? Its clearly a huge fish and if it were me I would be damn sure to have at least a couple dozen pictures and for goodness sake id have a picture of the fish from the front with a proper view. Is it 17.6 lbs? Maybe, its possible, but its also possible that its a 12 lb walleye. My personal opinion based solely on this singular picture is it doesn't LOOK 17.6 lbs. BUT it could be, we definitely need better photos and a legal weight before it goes in the record book. That's my 2 cents.
Old 11-04-2021, 12:44 PM

This is a great picture of the fish, exactly the type of pic that should be uploaded onto any social media site.
It's obvious that it's a very large walleye.
The angle makes it very difficult to argue about its actual size.

No other pics required, IMO.
Thanks to the lucky angler for letting the pic be posted.
Old 11-04-2021, 01:44 PM

I don’t really understand the direction this thread went for a few of you or why it went that way. But since we all get to have an opinion wether it’s on point or not I put mine forth.
The weight was posted, after lots of whining, then the picture was posted, which gave a few of you more reason to whine, can you not all just be happy for the guy! Whining about no pics then busting his chops over the pics, life must be hard I guess if you can’t be happy for a fellow fisherman. If it’s a record then that will come out eventually and if not then I’m more than sure one of you will resurrect this thread in the future just for your own self glorification. Smarten up would ya!!!
Old 11-04-2021, 02:01 PM
AO Sponsor

FILLET AND RELEASE!!!!

Except record fish….

THEN YOU WEIGH FILLET AND RELEASE!!!!
Old 11-04-2021, 03:25 PM
AO Sponsor

I actually just eat ocean fish for the most part, but whatever!

We’ll see what this great reset nonsense brings, maybe we all be happy boiling up a few local fish. (Sure would be nice if the irrigation companies would quit poisoning so many)

We’ll own nothing and be happy whilst we boil our carps!!!
Old 11-04-2021, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Da Fisherman View Post
As per the rules, I think you need to go

Posting of pictures: There is no need to chastise, belittle or troll posts when the Op shares in his/her passions of the outdoors. We welcome our members to share in their outdoor adventures. Let us be clear that this will not be tolerated.

Let's see what the mods think
WDF
Yep. As far as I'm concerned, good riddance.
Old 11-04-2021, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jims83cj5 View Post
I don’t really understand the direction this thread went for a few of you or why it went that way. But since we all get to have an opinion wether it’s on point or not I put mine forth.
The weight was posted, after lots of whining, then the picture was posted, which gave a few of you more reason to whine, can you not all just be happy for the guy! Whining about no pics then busting his chops over the pics, life must be hard I guess if you can’t be happy for a fellow fisherman. If it’s a record then that will come out eventually and if not then I’m more than sure one of you will resurrect this thread in the future just for your own self glorification. Smarten up would ya!!!
Well written and said. Thanks.
Old 11-04-2021, 06:59 PM

As a guy that has pulled a couple 13's, 12s 11s etc from southern Alta rivers, that is a freaking giant, beautiful fish, I'm jealous. No doubt in my mind of the specified size. Great job man
Old 11-04-2021, 08:25 PM

Looks like someone cleaned up & dumped a bunch of posts on this thread.

What people may have overlooked, is the angler who caught this fish is required to submit detailed info on the fish etc with pics to be considered for an Ab record, if he doesn't it's not a record.

Manitoba has a Master Angler Award program with clear rules & regulations in their Reg's and you complete & submit a form for consideration.

Alberta doesn't have a similar program and there's very little to NO info in the Ab Reg's. From what I found they basically say contact the Fish & Wildlife office in Edm.

The Alberta Fish and Game Association has a Wildlife Awards Program but it's not clear if its recognized by Alberta for a Record fish.

Perhaps GMX who posted the pic & measurements can let us know if his buddy is planning to submit for the new Ab Walleye Record.

If he doesn't it still a monster walleye that makes my 14-12 look small in comparison.

Cheers

D.

Old 11-04-2021, 08:47 PM

Last I’m going to post on this subject until it’s officially in the book. He did have it weighed on an official scale at a post office with plenty of photos and witnesses. I’ve seen lots of 10-12lb fish pictures from him this one is different by a large margin. I hope it’s been done correctly by him because IT’s THE REAL DEAL.

cheers I’m out
Old 11-04-2021, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMX View Post
Last I’m going to post on this subject until it’s officially in the book. He did have it weighed on an official scale at a post office with plenty of photos and witnesses. I’ve seen lots of 10-12lb fish pictures from him this one is different by a large margin. I hope it’s been done correctly by him because IT’s THE REAL DEAL.

cheers I’m out

Tks for the update, we look forward to seeing his record fish in the books. It also beats Bob Walkers 16 - 3.2 Walleye that's listed in the Outdoorsman Record book.

Cheers

D.

Last edited by Zip-in-Z; 11-04-2021 at 09:14 PM.
Old 11-07-2021, 11:23 AM

For all the doubters out there the angler is named Lyle Schaffrick. His hands are massive! I was able to get another pic from him so here you guys go.

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/attac...1&d=1636309218
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6B4D499D-BEC8-41BC-B17C-19EC22191946.jpg (42.3 KB, 254 views)
Old 11-07-2021, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose master View Post
For all the doubters out there the angler is named Lyle Schaffrick. His hands are massive! I was able to get another pic from him so here you guys go.

Nice pic Lyle .... congrat's again.

D.

Old 11-07-2021, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose master View Post

Lyle just sent the same photo his arms are out a little but his massive hands are an understatement. I have big hands his are like that fish bigger than the rest.
Old 11-07-2021, 04:01 PM

It’s a huge walleye and congrats

But what is with the unhealthy fascination over his hands you guys have

Have you guys asked to hold them yet

Sorry guys but you can’t keep making posts about a dudes hands when the thread is about a huge fish without someone bugging you for it
Old 11-07-2021, 05:12 PM

Default 17.6

Wow, thats a beautiful walleye. Congrats to the gentleman who caught it.