Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-09-2011, 05:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkAisling View Post
I think one's perception of the data is affected by whether or not someone is a "glass half full" or "glass half empty" type of person.

I personally found the data that was posted to be incredibly encouraging. There is proof of successful spawning (limited or not), and I have heard it said several times that the "walleye don't spawn in PCR." Apparently they do.

This is a young and man-made fishery: a scientific experiment of sorts. There is a lot of encouraging news in what was posted (if one cares to recognize it).

And honestly, when it comes to PCR, I can not for the life of me figure out what the fuss is all about. Are people being alarmists strictly to stir the pot? I can think of bigger things to get worked up about. Rome wasn't built in a day.

I'm also wondering how many of the alarmists have actually fished this lake.
I don't believe I'm a half empty type of person but where i came from we did not wait for a problem to get out of hand before we considered different way to help out but if this makes me a half empty person in your eyes so be it. I did not realize you had to fish a water system to be concerned over it must be another one of those alberta thing. And if you read you will see in my first post I said I had not fished this particular area. But see I don't need to fish an area to know when fish growth stops and fish are skinny there is a problem.
Its not called being an alarmist where I'm from it's called common sense.