Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 06-24-2017, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
Why is it that when Moose points out you mislead a young lady, albeit unintentionally, because of your ignorance of laws, it is trolling? Wouldn't it be easier if you just admitted you screwed up? Instead, everyone is out to get you.

Time to move on.
Wouldn't be easier to let it roll off your back... who really cares?
Old 06-24-2017, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angery jonn View Post
Wouldn't be easier to let it roll off your back... who really cares?
Sure.

That's why I said time to move on.
Old 06-24-2017, 09:55 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
It seems that whenever he misunderstands a regulation, be it a hunting regulation or otherwise, anyone that corrects him is trolling him or picking on him. And he always seems to be trying to find a way around the regulation, or to justify not following the regulations as written, or he claims that the regulations are simply too difficult to understand. I can only wonder how so many people seem to be able to comprehend and obey the regulations.
Seems like you like to twist and distort everything I post anyway's, so I'll simply say that the buyer is very happy and I was happy that she was happy. I don't think your capable of happiness. I am flattered that you read and study all my posts. It's a little creepy, but at least you are learning a lot sitting at my feet. This should cheer you up. I'm going to name a pheasant hen E11 in your honor. Hope she lives long and hatches a whole nide (snide for E11 strain) of little E11's.

I called AMA and they told me she could register it as a regular vehicle if she so chooses. The Green Hornet is not stuck being an Antique. Elkhunter11, sadly, is stuck in the Curmudgeon category.

Last edited by waterninja; 06-24-2017 at 10:02 AM.
Old 06-24-2017, 10:04 AM

Here's a hint for both sides of this argument:
Continuing to argue makes you a loser.
(Never mind what continuing to read the arguments of losers makes me )
Old 06-24-2017, 10:24 AM
Banned

I'm still trying to figure out what kind of self respecting young lady would buy a 1980 Ford Granada? You must be a hell of a salesman Waterninja.
Old 06-24-2017, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weedy1 View Post
I'm still trying to figure out what kind of self respecting young lady would buy a 1980 Ford Granada? You must be a hell of a salesman Waterninja.
Sounds like your typical Grand Parent car, low miles, mint and only used to go to the store and visiting. I thinks its a student on a tight budget and the 700 bucks is what made her buy. Probably has no clue that she bought a car that parts may be no longer available. Guarantee body stuff isn't, only the common mechanical stuff will be.

I haven't seen a Granada on the road for a long time. Guy in school turned a 2 door into a nice looking car with Mags and a big engine. But it was still a Granada lol.

I have friends with the Antique Plate, it is restricted somewhat and she will find that out what the rules are when she goes to a registry office.
Old 06-24-2017, 11:16 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooner View Post
Sounds like your typical Grand Parent car, low miles, mint and only used to go to the store and visiting. I thinks its a student on a tight budget and the 700 bucks is what made her buy. Probably has no clue that she bought a car that parts may be no longer available. Guarantee body stuff isn't, only the common mechanical stuff will be.

I haven't seen a Granada on the road for a long time. Guy in school turned a 2 door into a nice looking car with Mags and a big engine. But it was still a Granada lol.

I have friends with the Antique Plate, it is restricted somewhat and she will find that out what the rules are when she goes to a registry office.
Not to worry gentlemen. Her uncle bought it for her and he is a master mechanic that builds custum trucks and jet boats in his shop 2 blocks from me. I wasn't even thinking of selling it, but he offered me 1000.00 for it. I told him 700 was enough and use the extra 300 for some small items that needed to be repaired. It was not mint, but in near perfect condition with less then 60,000 kms. I am glad it's out of my way. It sold itself.
Old 06-24-2017, 11:55 AM
Banned

Was it a coupe?
Old 06-24-2017, 11:58 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey Cox View Post
Here's a hint for both sides of this argument:
Continuing to argue makes you a loser.
(Never mind what continuing to read the arguments of losers makes me )
You are right of course. I don't mind a good debate, but this whole thing was a learning experiance for me, and probably for a lot of other members.
What I don't like is all the assumptions that I did this or that, or that I was breaking laws and advising someone else to break laws. When "what if's" come up then you should be able to discuss them without having to constantly defend yourself from some whiners and haters. Then of course it degenerates into something that might or might not have happened, and false stories and out right lies about this and that. It gets a little tiresome after awhile.
Anyways, I thought this was a fun thread for the most part, and I know I certainly learned some new stuff.
Old 06-24-2017, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterninja View Post
Thank you Suzukisam. First coherent post for awhile. Do you at least get it on the road now and then? What the heck is a 1927? Ford?
It is a 1927 Chevrolet Landau and yes we get it out on nice days
Old 06-24-2017, 03:42 PM

Quote:
So I sold a 1980 Ford Granada (the Green Hornet) today. It belonged to my dad who had it registered as an antique. I looked at the expiry date on the registration and it read "continuous". My father paid 39.45 in 2011, and never had to renew it again.
The young lady who bought the car is just starting university, and has had some scary encounters on the bus and LRT. she thinks it is very cool that she will only have to reigster it once and never have to renew. sort of like registering a utlity trailer.
Should have charged here more. lol
Just bolded, I did not write it, you did.

And you wonder why others are giving you a rough time?

made in Alberta__ born n raised.

FS-Tinfool hats by the roll.
Old 06-24-2017, 09:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntsfurfish View Post
Just bolded, I did not write it, you did.

And you wonder why others are giving you a rough time?
Guess you missed the lol. She did think it was cool that she would not have to renew every year. I doubt she will go that route, however.
Old 06-25-2017, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooner View Post

May not be a "pretty" car, but at (about) 3k lbs they were a fairly light car & could be made into sleepers.
Also parts for them are still abundant, as they fit other models.
Some had the much (now) coveted 9" diff. Even GM guys use them.
Another FYI..... some of the parts can be used to up-grade the front brakes on a Pinto
Old 06-25-2017, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reeves1 View Post
May not be a "pretty" car, but at (about) 3k lbs they were a fairly light car & could be made into sleepers.
Also parts for them are still abundant, as they fit other models.
Some had the much (now) coveted 9" diff. Even GM guys use them.
Another FYI..... some of the parts can be used to up-grade the front brakes on a Pinto
Agree, I knew the guy who built that Granada. It was a sleeper, well except for that awesome HP sound under the hood only a V8 can make
Old 06-25-2017, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Guess you missed the lol. She did think it was cool that she would not have to renew every year. I doubt she will go that route, however.
Nope, thats was also included in the bold. Another Trump-like Tweet. lol

made in Alberta__ born n raised.

FS-Tinfool hats by the roll.