Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-06-2021, 08:41 PM

I may try one outdoors this year. I know aphids will be a problem may just build a one plant greenhouse so I can flip it in the middle of June by just covering it up for 12 hours light. Be finished by September 1. Never tried an auto before so may go that route but their hit or miss.
Old 03-06-2021, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tungsten, View Post
I may try one outdoors this year. I know aphids will be a problem may just build a one plant greenhouse so I can flip it in the middle of June by just covering it up for 12 hours light. Be finished by September 1. Never tried an auto before so may go that route but their hit or miss.
I will through some autos outside when it turns nice but i'll keep my photo's inside in the tents.
Old 03-07-2021, 08:58 AM

Smile

I have a nice Indica Strain, Blue Cheese, coming along nicely.
Just topped it and it has super tight node spacing.
I started on January 25th with seeds from Expert Seed Bank.
I researched what was a more compact and hardy strain, with a good kick !
I will be cloning in about 4 weeks, taking 8 and growing the best 4.
Will be in my heated greenhouse May 1..7 Gallon Air Pots using Coco-Perlite..
Should be a great season !!
Old 03-07-2021, 09:19 AM

Don't go smaller than 5X5 room you will regret it if you do. Go with 6X6 or bigger if you can and as much height as you can get. Just finished a
thc bomb, gigabud and blueberry. Started new crop of Zombie Virus, Black Zombie, Strawberry Cream, and Alien Rock Candy. All photoperiods.
Old 03-07-2021, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkslayer132 View Post
Don't go smaller than 5X5 room you will regret it if you do. Go with 6X6 or bigger if you can and as much height as you can get. Just finished a

thc bomb, gigabud and blueberry. Started new crop of Zombie Virus, Black Zombie, Strawberry Cream, and Alien Rock Candy. All photoperiods.
I'll have to map out my room and see the square footage I have to work with. And what square footage the boss lets me use, this is the main factor in my tent size lol.

What are you guys using for building materials? At first I was thinking a 2x4 frame. I thought this would be solid, but overkill. Then I thought cutting the 2x4s into 2x2. Then I thought about 1" or ¾" plastic conduit tube. It would be cheap and lighter weight.

Sent from my BAH2-W19 using Tapatalk
Old 03-07-2021, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Bacon View Post
I'll have to map out my room and see the square footage I have to work with. And what square footage the boss lets me use, this is the main factor in my tent size lol.

What are you guys using for building materials? At first I was thinking a 2x4 frame. I thought this would be solid, but overkill. Then I thought cutting the 2x4s into 2x2. Then I thought about 1" or ¾" plastic conduit tube. It would be cheap and lighter weight.

Figure out your size and use a tent there are many sizes. I use a 5X5 and it can be a little small at times. I have three lights and a exhaust fan hanging off the roof of mine so they support lots of weight.
Old 03-08-2021, 10:11 AM

I did the diy wood box, but unless you need/want the stealth (a wood one looks like furniture) you will be better off with a tent they are cheaper( at least used) and purpose-built.

this is my current crop
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MarchHarvest.jpg (86.9 KB, 65 views)
Old 03-21-2021, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkslayer132 View Post
Figure out your size and use a tent there are many sizes. I use a 5X5 and it can be a little small at times. I have three lights and a exhaust fan hanging off the roof of mine so they support lots of weight.
I measured on my floor and 5x5 looks pretty big. 6x6 looks like it would be huge for four plants. I guess with fans and stuff it would fill up fast tho.

Old 03-07-2021, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tungsten, View Post
Last year my outdoor plants were covered in aphids. They only became an issue when it started getting cold out. I'll use auto flowers next time. I don't have the option of covering the plants to change the light schedule as I work long days in the summer.

Old 03-07-2021, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Last year my outdoor plants were covered in aphids. They only became an issue when it started getting cold out. I'll use auto flowers next time. I don't have the option of covering the plants to change the light schedule as I work long days in the summer.

I spray with safers soap starting early so that keeps them away. Last year end of August it seemed there was millions all of a sudden and so spray was gonna keep them away lol. Even a green house would be hard. Not sure why but it was like someone flipped a switch and there were millions of them. What a pain.
Old 03-09-2021, 07:23 AM

Quote:

Would something like this work?

https://www.gardeners.com/buy/bug-ou...0/8594272.html

I used a sheet like it to cover kohlrabi and carrots to keep the bugs off. Worked well.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin