Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 04-02-2016, 04:24 PM

Default Fort McMurray

Anyone know if there are any retailers or archery distributors in the Fort McMurray area. I know the local gun range has archers but where are they buying their equipment?
Old 04-04-2016, 06:21 PM

Most of us are making the trip south to get anything. There is a guy in town who will set up bows and sell some stuff, but he is very particular about brands, and won't touch certain brands...for reasons that don't make a lot of sense. I won't give you his name...well...because I can't recommend him.
Old 04-04-2016, 08:54 PM

Thanks, any idea if there is any cross bow shooting at local fish & game club?
Old 04-05-2016, 04:58 PM

The club has an indoor archery setup on Sundays from 4-8pm. There was a guy there a couple months ago shooting a crossbow. This is my first year with a membership there, so I'm not sure if crossbows are allowed on the outdoor range or not. Try www.fmfg.ca
Old 04-05-2016, 07:16 PM

Looks not too far out of town and lots of variety according to their site. Sounds like a good place to join. Thanks.
Old 04-05-2016, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftmacmac View Post
Looks not too far out of town and lots of variety according to their site. Sounds like a good place to join. Thanks.
Its great, when the weather gets warmer there is a 3d walk through course that is bar none the best i have ever seen. Its wicked, the new archery head has done some great things. They have huge caribou, mountain goats, cats, the list goes on and on when going through the walk through course. Cant wait to fire some arrows at it. Also the gun range has been punched out to a thousand meters. It is well worth the fee.
Old 04-05-2016, 10:12 PM

Heard a rumour that Ft. Mac club is having an archery 3D shoot in July. Anybody know anything about this?
Old 04-06-2016, 11:14 AM

FMFG has a great facility, and the archery chair has done a great job. Hopefully the nonsense going on within the executive doesn't destroy the club.
Old 04-06-2016, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrow dog View Post
Heard a rumour that Ft. Mac club is having an archery 3D shoot in July. Anybody know anything about this?
I see nothing on the calendar for July...doesn't mean it's not happening though. I'll let you know if I hear something.

Bill
Old 04-06-2016, 05:46 PM

Last year there was an abundance of 3D shoots. I am sure there will be a bunch more this year.
Old 04-06-2016, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzzzz View Post
I see nothing on the calendar for July...doesn't mean it's not happening though. I'll let you know if I hear something.

Bill
Thanks a lot. It would be kind of nice to come up and meet some of our fellow archers.