Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-03-2023, 09:38 PM

In my observations Alberta was not doing this. The East has been doing this for a long time but particularly since the last Castro incarnation. Are we abused house wives? Do we eventually leave the abusive relationship or just keep on hoping "they" will change? Why did Czechoslovakia split up? Why did Yugoslavia? Why do the Baltics want to be their own entities? Why would Ukraine not want to be part of Russia? Everything has its time, I believe Alberta has to go it alone and take Saskatchewan with us (willingly of course). Maybe even Yukon too.

This is Canada:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bullets View Post
Instead of making Alberta part of the USA how about making USA part of Mexico.

Not that long ago people were proud to be Albertan and Canadian. Seems like some folks have lost their way only because of a few lousy politicians. Instead of becoming politically involved to strengthen our country they want to fragment the country. Sad.

Last edited by WolfmanAB; 02-03-2023 at 09:47 PM.
Old 02-03-2023, 09:56 PM

I don't want Alberta to be goverened by Washington or Ottawa.
If we go we should go on our own if we want any control of our future destiny.
Old 02-04-2023, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bullets View Post
Instead of making Alberta part of the USA how about making USA part of Mexico.

Not that long ago people were proud to be Albertan and Canadian. Seems like some folks have lost their way only because of a few lousy politicians. Instead of becoming politically involved to strengthen our country they want to fragment the country. Sad.
I wouldn't classify the Turd and his ilk a lousy politicians. Much worse. Sad.
Old 02-04-2023, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty S View Post
That sounds all fantasy-ish. The feds would pretend to give us autonomy and then squash us whenever desired in this new age of law/statute/charter re-interpretation.

I do hope all us separatists vote Danielle this time round and give her a chance to do something once her reign is no longer under threat, but if she doesnt deliver, then i will join a good wholesome separatist party.

Are there and good wholesome ones? Just need one… two will not work
Pretty much sums up my thoughts. What some people fail to realize is this is not something that just came up because of happy socks - yes he is pushing it further and accelerating it. I have thought this the way to go for a long time and know several like minded people. If Danielle disappoints then my vote goes for a credible separation party. I don't think Pierre will be able to do anything federally because of having to woo the eastern votes which will lead to a watering down of the agenda supporting the west.
Old 02-04-2023, 10:53 AM

One other thing to think about other than our oil. A lot of states are running out of fresh water. If they want and need it they will take it. Who gonna stop em? It would be a friendly takeover. Will we be able to open carry Texas style. Ottawa will step up and say no way. That would be the only thing they could do about it They couldn't stop it with the harshest of words. Really wonder how and what would happen if the USA decided they wanted to take the three western provinces? Would we automatically have dual citizenship? Or would we have to swear an oath to be a Yankee.
Old 02-04-2023, 01:00 PM

I'd change that since being "discriminating" is back into vogue again. You'd have to be here a minimum number of years before the privilege of voting is bestowed upon you. Let's say 15 years minimum. Other restrictions also. And I'm aware they want toddlers to start voting now to cheapen the process and make it into a farcical gong show. To that end is how democracy inevitably crashes and burns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Isn't that odd, that so many immigrants vote for the type of government most similar to the one that they escaped from.
Old 02-04-2023, 01:02 PM

Agreed. We can do this. Onward and upward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushrat View Post
I don't want Alberta to be goverened by Washington or Ottawa.
If we go we should go on our own if we want any control of our future destiny.
Old 02-04-2023, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfmanAB View Post
In my observations Alberta was not doing this. The East has been doing this for a long time but particularly since the last Castro incarnation. Are we abused house wives? Do we eventually leave the abusive relationship or just keep on hoping "they" will change? Why did Czechoslovakia split up? Why did Yugoslavia? Why do the Baltics want to be their own entities? Why would Ukraine not want to be part of Russia? Everything has its time, I believe Alberta has to go it alone and take Saskatchewan with us (willingly of course). Maybe even Yukon too.

This is Canada:

A battered wife is exactly what Alberta is.
Do things ever get better by staying?
Old 02-04-2023, 03:08 PM

"If it was Alberta USA, We'd have a pipeline to the gulf and it would be Texas North. Even though Biden campaigned against it in 2020, someone who is actually running the USA has seen a benefit to the production in Alaska. Biden just says what he's told to say."

Well, we already have a pipeline to the gulf. But we are not REALLY the Texas of the North.

That is because the US Multinational Companies producing the oil sands, are the ones who are buying the Bitumen. For some STRANGE REASON, they discount the value of our Bitumen as it is synthetic crude that is upgraded. The Discount has been as high as $40 a barrel at times from what West Texas Intermediate sells for or what Brent sells for.

The US Multinationals are taking upwards of 500000 barrels a day through the Hardisty hub, to the Gulf Coast. They just are not paying full price because we do not have anyone ELSE to sell to.

That is where a pipeline to a Pacific Port comes in. But then the oil will not be sold to China or South Korea, because the US would not allow that.

Just for a crazy thought, what if we had a nation from Manitoba to Alberta, and we shipped oil seasonally through the Hudson Bay like we once did with Wheat? As global warming lengthens the shipping season, there would be a good amount of oil export, that would not be discounted.

Then we would be the wealthy nation that would be free from US Bitumen discounting, and we would be free from Ottawa's exploitation.

Who knows, maybe parts of BC would go with us to allow oil export access to the Pacific from Prince Rupert.

Drewski
Old 02-04-2023, 03:37 PM

Marty,after the latest display of courage by President Biden we may as well stay put with our great same mould leader. At least we are not in trouble with China. Cant believe all the freebees Im getting. Tragic how broken our once wonderful country has gotten.
Old 02-05-2023, 12:48 AM

Old 02-05-2023, 05:26 AM

A poster on this site that has been banned was an advocate of having to pay taxes to vote. I really think he was on to something, why let people with no skin in the game vote themselves free bananas.

Thomas Sowell
Old 02-05-2023, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfmanAB View Post

Was this from 1962? Too damn funny.
Old 02-05-2023, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post
A poster on this site that has been banned was an advocate of having to pay taxes to vote. I really think he was on to something, why let people with no skin in the game vote themselves free bananas.
I can't argue with that.
Old 02-05-2023, 07:25 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.
Thumbs down

Quote:
https://www.westernstandard.news/

Poll at the bottom of page. Vote now!

I am vehemently opposed to joining the USA, this land and our hunting, fishing, trapping and properties would over-run and overwhelmed with Americans instantly

I am also vehemently opposed to Alberta staying in Canada. Pollivere might be a lill’ bandaid for a couple years, but long term it cannot possibly go well for Alberta to remain under Toronto’s permanent rule.

SEPARATE AT ALL COSTS

and hope that Saskatchewan and BC less Fraser Valley/Vancouver joins us.

Separate regardless!!!

Separate at all costs

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 02-05-2023, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post
Exactly.
It's like letting your children decide your household budget.
Old 02-05-2023, 05:12 PM

Old 02-06-2023, 06:40 PM

Just think, not even the NDP could take our guns. The danger of Ab going it alone might well be the big cities out-voting the gun owner/hunter.

Better go #51.

You can, you should, & if you're brave enough to start, you will. Stephen King
Old 02-06-2023, 08:01 PM

Can the lieberals “just transition” us right to the US already and be done with it?!
Old 02-07-2023, 01:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazer 1 View Post
I agree 100% separation is our only chance! Joining the us would just devastate our wildlife... there's already to many americans coming here every hunting season!
That's the only downside I can see so far. My taxes would go down, many pipelines would be built, many, many over reaching energy regulations would be lifted, we would get better Firearm protection and rights.

Politically we are both broken but at least theirs isn't a banana republic that a small group (2 Provinces) get to decide the political landscape like us.

Not saying I would sign off on it tomorrow but I think I would need to be talked out f it. All I see is benefits, besides the hunting likely to be over run and even more tourists in the summer but I avoid those hotspots to begin with.
Old 02-07-2023, 02:45 AM

Why would our wildlife be devastated? My understanding is Alberta would still set quotas for non-resident hunters like we do now and every state does.

Lot more pluses to joining US than negatives that I can see right now.
Old 02-07-2023, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohninAB View Post
Why would our wildlife be devastated? My understanding is Alberta would still set quotas for non-resident hunters like we do now and every state does.

Lot more pluses to joining US than negatives that I can see right now.
Exactly! We have quotas now, and why would that change? So I don't see any change as far as our big game hunting.
Old 02-07-2023, 07:57 AM

I'm pretty sure each state makes their own wildlife regs.
Old 02-07-2023, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Exactly! We have quotas now, and why would that change? So I don't see any change as far as our big game hunting.
If anything it will improve as long as some of the quality game management practices the US implements and uses rubs off on Alberta
Old 02-07-2023, 08:32 AM

There is a lot that would need to be addressed to know if joining the US would be a good idea or not

As for the concerns regarding hunting or fishing I think that would not be an issue. US actually invests way more into managing fish/wildlife and the Pittman act puts generates a lot of money to create hunting/fishing opportunities along with enchantment of fish/wildlife populations

Canada doesn’t put in a fraction of the effort into F&W and Alberta lags behind a portion of Canadian provinces even. Alberta F&W would likely benefit if we joined the US

The real ?s would be regarding efforts to improve economic development, future plans reach infrastructure, medical would rise ?s for many, and really management of resources/new citizens to the US.

In the end it comes down to is how would the US choose to manage their new state because Alberta would not be the big player in the deal
Old 02-07-2023, 08:36 AM

I would do it in a heartbeat but all this talk of separation or joining the US is a pipe dream and would never happen in our lifetime.
Old 02-07-2023, 08:45 AM

The US has a disfuntional Government today regardless of which party is in power. Why the hell would we consider joining them and their turmoil.
Old 02-07-2023, 08:47 AM

Quote:
https://www.westernstandard.news/

Poll at the bottom of page. Vote now!

I am vehemently opposed to joining the USA, this land and our hunting, fishing, trapping and properties would over-run and overwhelmed with Americans instantly

I am also vehemently opposed to Alberta staying in Canada. Pollivere might be a lill’ bandaid for a couple years, but long term it cannot possibly go well for Alberta to remain under Toronto’s permanent rule.

SEPARATE AT ALL COSTS

and hope that Saskatchewan and BC less Fraser Valley/Vancouver joins us.

Separate regardless!!!
Neither will happen in our lifetimes.
I'd be happy with AB, USA. We'd have more liberties than we do now. But we'd probably get a bunch of wacko back to the landers moving up, until it hit -40 then they'd all go back south!
Old 02-07-2023, 09:11 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Grey Wolf View Post
The US has a disfuntional Government
So does Canada.
Old 02-07-2023, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_davey View Post
So does Canada.
I think most countries do and those that don’t have a political mess likely have experienced it in the not too distant past