Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-27-2023, 01:31 PM

Default My first attempt at Sausage making

Well I gave it a try and am very happy with the results.I picked up a package of High Caliber summer sausage seasoning and made up 25pounds of moose sausage. I must admit that was to much for one person and only using a grinder to stuff.I had to use 50mm x12" casings as that is the biggest I can put in my Mini chief smoker. I was able to put 4 per rack x3 racks. I smoked them for roughly 2hrs with a blend of cherry and hickory wood chips and then finished my first batch in the oven until internal temp reached 150-160. I put in the fridge overnight and tasted this morning. Not bad at all. Now I have 30 more pieces to smoke today. Here are a few pictures and my smoker set up. I used an old bbq cart and put a lid that opens up on top so I can load the smoker. Side table on both sides if needed.Front door for loading the chips as well as storing wood chip bags. Simple set up and worked for me for several years. Now I may look for a bigger smoker.
Why is it that my picture never want to upload to this site? always says failed attempt . only one worked.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3472.jpg (44.3 KB, 137 views)
Old 03-27-2023, 02:37 PM

I've started to really enjoy making sausage. Glad to see you're having fun with it.
Old 03-27-2023, 06:13 PM

Looks good!