Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 04-02-2016, 04:33 PM

Default Firearms in Ft Mac

New to Fort McMurray. Are there any retailers selling firearms? Big club here so must be some source of rifles and ammo.
Old 04-02-2016, 06:34 PM

Do you realize that you posted this in the archery forum?
Old 04-02-2016, 07:18 PM

Yep. Edmonton... I may be able to transport stuff for you though- I'm back and forth a lot. Canadian Tire is opening a new outdoor store, I'm not sure when it's opening but it'll have guns and ammo. (hopefully) lol
Old 04-03-2016, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogerfart View Post
Yep. Edmonton... I may be able to transport stuff for you though- I'm back and forth a lot. Canadian Tire is opening a new outdoor store, I'm not sure when it's opening but it'll have guns and ammo. (hopefully) lol
Canadian Tire in Fort Mac??? If thats the case I sure hope they get some new staff, It has got to be the worst canadian tire in the country
Old 04-04-2016, 06:09 AM

Yep. The Ft. Mac CT is setting up a outdoor store in a seperate building from the main store.
Old 04-04-2016, 09:03 PM

Someone in their main store told me earlier today they'll have a gun rack of over 300 in that new location. Apparently opening in a couple of weeks. Keeping details top secret??
Old 04-04-2016, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrow_baron View Post
Canadian Tire in Fort Mac??? If thats the case I sure hope they get some new staff, It has got to be the worst canadian tire in the country

Bahahaha! I love that store! I make it a game to see if I can clear the whole place out of staff. I just start asking them where stuff is...they always say that they'll go ask someone and that's the last you see them! By the time I'm done I figure there are probably 20 of them hudled in a room somewhere watching the cameras to see when I'm gone and it's safe to come back out. Lol.
Old 04-05-2016, 07:19 AM

I thought this site blocked haters? I just wanted a discussion on firearms availability. My experience at CT HAS been fine? Why attack people just trying to do their job? Nothing funny about that?
Old 04-05-2016, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftmacmac View Post
I thought this site blocked haters? I just wanted a discussion on firearms availability. My experience at CT HAS been fine? Why attack people just trying to do their job? Nothing funny about that?

If they were doing their job they would help you to find what you were looking for so that you would buy it. I haven't found too many that succeed on that front.

Canadian Tire is fine if you go in knowing exactly what you want, where it is, then use the self check out and leave without having to talk to anyone.

Here's hoping they hire different staff for their new store.

Oh, and that's not an attack, just the truth.
Old 04-05-2016, 04:57 PM

Quote:
I thought this site blocked haters?
That's a big assumption to make considering you have only been a member here for a few hours.

Possibly a past member?
Old 04-05-2016, 07:44 PM

You must be new to fort mac's CT it is brutal when trying to get someone to help you out. Guess it depends if you are in the "guy stuff" section or in the "girly asle" . Anyway there is a unreal gunsmith up there sells some guns and can get what ever you like. Dose alot of custom work also.
Old 04-05-2016, 07:46 PM

Quote:
If you think he was haten on people you need to get your pantys out of a bunch man. Way, way to sensitive...also he is pretty damn right on the subject.
Old 04-06-2016, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertabighorn View Post
If you think he was haten on people you need to get your pantys out of a bunch man. Way, way to sensitive...also he is pretty damn right on the subject.
And at the risk of offending him even further, he might be better off posting questions about firearms in the firearms forum, rather than in the archery forum.
Old 04-06-2016, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Positrac View Post
Bahahaha! I love that store! I make it a game to see if I can clear the whole place out of staff. I just start asking them where stuff is...they always say that they'll go ask someone and that's the last you see them! By the time I'm done I figure there are probably 20 of them hudled in a room somewhere watching the cameras to see when I'm gone and it's safe to come back out. Lol.
So true! I find CT seems to hire the same type of staff over and over,doesn't matter who the new owners are. The ones that are knowleagable get frustrated and leave. At least the larger cities have inventory in their stores, the smaller rural ones don't have a clue or inventory.