Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 01-24-2013, 09:58 PM

Wow! Love seeing all these people making donations! Hope you guys all have an amazing time out there! Those Cajun Line caps are awesome.
Old 02-01-2013, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneGirlWolfPack View Post
Wow! Love seeing all these people making donations! Hope you guys all have an amazing time out there! Those Cajun Line caps are awesome.
Its because of generous people like yourself that make this event happen sucessfully
Thank You again for you support

Big Thanks to BASS PRO Shops for donating all the Spring Bobbers for every ice combo.

All 65 Chidren will be taking home a Ice fishing combo compliments of HT Enyerprises, Mikeo2, Mr Announymous and Zebco/Quantum

The clubs will also recieve 10 summer combos for their summer activities from the CNSS

Each child will recieve a participation medal donated by Auction Depot, Maddox, Kensley and Kira

Every child will recieve a Hoody from all the fore mentioned donators in this thread

Gloves for them all from Horsetrader and HT Enterprises

All they can eat from generous private donators, Subway and Lays.

So many kind people and generous companies........this is a brief rundown.
A event Poster will soon be ready for all to see which credits everyone

Thank You all so much
Old 02-12-2013, 11:55 AM

Just confirmed Whole Sale Sports Lethbridge,
Has donated enough toques for all the kids.
THANK YOU!!
Old 02-12-2013, 02:43 PM

Well done, WSS Lethbridge!
Old 02-22-2013, 08:45 AM

Well, the big weekend is here, the weather looks good, the fish were biting last weekend, and the kids are excited.

Looking forward to putting the kids on some fish tomorrow!
Old 02-23-2013, 07:42 PM

Default Great success

I'd personally like to thank each and every person who volunteered today, or contributed in any way what so ever to the event. Many, many happy faces, and many fish iced today.

Chubb & admin support team - great job! we could not ask for a better crew to organize such a great event.

It was very nice to meet the north crew, and nice to see a few faces that I haven't crossed paths with since last year.

I look forward to seeing you all soon!

Oh, and North Zone peeps - I've already put the wednesday night thing in the fiances mind, we shall see how it works
Old 02-23-2013, 09:01 PM

A great day for sure.We caught 2 fish in our tent.But the most fun my group had was when a couple suckers ruffed up the under water camera.The suckers put on quite a show.All the kids looked good in there hoodies.Thanks everyone,for a day to remember.
Old 02-23-2013, 10:23 PM

Default Thank You To All

For where we where and how it was yesterday, I was a little worried. But the day was perfect!!!
Fish were caught,, kids were great, and the event went over perfect.

I did not get to personally meet all of our help, but , I for one would like to say Thank You!!

As one member of ower fine little group, I AM PROUD OF OUR DAY!!!

Thank You all, to all our members and to all AO members that helped us out!
Old 02-23-2013, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcw View Post
For where we where and how it was yesterday, I was a little worried. But the day was perfect!!!
Fish were caught,, kids were great, and the event went over perfect.

I did not get to personally meet all of our help, but , I for one would like to say Thank You!!

As one member of ower fine little group, I AM PROUD OF OUR DAY!!!

Thank You all, to all our members and to all AO members that helped us out!
AND A BIG THANK YOU , TO ALL of our major sponsors and donators.
Would not be able to do this with out them!!
Old 02-24-2013, 12:40 AM

It's humbling to be associated with such an amazing group of quality people. The kids had a blast. That's what it was all about. You guys/gals ROCK!
Old 02-24-2013, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudslide View Post
It's humbling to be associated with such an amazing group of quality people. The kids had a blast. That's what it was all about. You guys/gals ROCK!
I agree mud,

Been up for 20+ hrs and am thinking about how well the event went, not how bloody tired I am!!!

Was amazing!!!
Old 02-24-2013, 11:16 PM
Banned

Amazing was the only way I can think to put it. Best day i've had in a long time.

The kids were so much fun to be around, some took a while to open up but once they did there was no stopping them. The energy on the ice, hard to describe.

Great job to everyone, wonderful bunch of people. Chubb, you and your family went above and beyond, hats off to you. There were a few primary organizers that threw everything into the event, hats off to you as well.

Looking forward to round 3!
Old 02-25-2013, 08:26 AM

Wow...what a day it was!

chubb & family and all the event organizers did an amazing job getting this all set up so the kids had an amazing day, and all the volunteers made sure that happened.

I don't know if I've ever seen so many happy kids running around out on the ice all at once, but I'm sure we'll be seeing it again next year!

Thanks to chubb for letting me get in on helping out with this event in my small way, and I look forward to making myself more useful when next year's event rolls around...I've already got the OK from Wifey to come out again!

Time, it makes you old. Experience makes you wise. It's only a fool who judges life by what he sees in other peoples' eyes.
- Strung Out

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams
Old 02-25-2013, 09:30 PM

First off Thank You Silverdoctor for the 300 dollar cheque to help offset expenses.

Take a bow folks , you put on a first class event. In the words of the Dimestore Fisherman TV series...."Ive never have i seen such a well done event anywhere in Alberta"

To all of you here on AO thank you for your generous support it truely made a difference in some childrens lives. Mooseknuckle your banners made us look so proffessional a pro tournanment would be jealous. Mr Anonymous you litterally made us legal and insured. Garry your jigs caught the kids many fish and One girlwolfpack your hoodies kept kids warm and cozy. Thats just to name a few of the people who contributed so gernerously.

Food and drink was good, weather was great and the Fish cooperated on cue.

All of you put on a grand event for the Children. Some of you travelled great distances to Give and Give. Volunteers from as far as Edmonton, Taber and Rolling Hills makes this event a provincilal affair.

When child tells you."I didnt know anyone cared about me this much " You can be certain you all made a real difference in a childs life.

Thank You to Silverdoctor, Horsetrader, Mikeo2, TCW/Family, and GL2 who litterally logged thousands of hours planning and financing this worthy cause.

Thank You Shimano, Zebco/Quantum, HT Enterprizes Inc. Your contribution was of epic porportions my friends. You will soon recieve the photo proof of beautiful children smiling like they just won the deed to willy wonkas factory.

TWH Oilfield Services, Cattlemens Corner and Fergs Septic Service, Thank You so m uch for proving the structures and facilities that make the TEAMFISHARD event center on the ice.

Books,final inventories and photo releases are being editted at this time. Once completeld the event will have closure for 2013. So in closing- THANK YOU ALL FOR DOING A BRILLIANT JOB IN MAKING A CHILD FEEL SPECIAL.
Old 03-06-2013, 06:56 PM

A few pics from a great day on the ice.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bhg (800x533).jpg (104.9 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg bg (800x600).jpg (109.8 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg bcg (600x800).jpg (35.6 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg bgg (600x800).jpg (28.6 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg bvg (533x800).jpg (25.5 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg gb (600x800).jpg (41.0 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg KidsDerby13 (800x600).jpg (115.4 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg bcg (800x600).jpg (99.3 KB, 35 views)

Last edited by Dale S; 03-06-2013 at 07:01 PM.
Old 10-18-2013, 11:18 AM

Sorry all for bringing this old thread alive again, but looking at the pics and the fun I had the last 2 years at this event, It is too bad that this tradition cannot continue and I will definately miss the kid's smiles and all the fun they had.

The fishing discussion has been minimal lately so thought I would bring this thread alive again..LOL
Old 10-18-2013, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinhits View Post
Sorry all for bringing this old thread alive again, but looking at the pics and the fun I had the last 2 years at this event, It is too bad that this tradition cannot continue and I will definately miss the kid's smiles and all the fun they had.

The fishing discussion has been minimal lately so thought I would bring this thread alive again..LOL
This is no longer happening?

LC
Old 10-18-2013, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post

LC
No....Needed some other fellows to plan and it died their....
Old 10-18-2013, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post

LC

It looks like it's a no-go.

Unfortunate.

http://youtu.be/ZLDzPH-cBhw
Old 10-18-2013, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokanee9 View Post
It looks like it's a no-go.

Unfortunate.
Yes Garth...

It is unfortunate.....I really enjoyed it and looked forward to an exciting day on the ice with all the kids and meeting people like yourself that can put huge smiles on some less fortunate kids that cannot experience the thrill of the outdoors in the cool air bringing fish up though a hole in the ice
Old 10-19-2013, 12:20 AM

have to admit, its the most fun I've ever had on the ice!

... twice