Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 09-01-2011, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhad View Post
There is an on going thread at FFC about large 30"+ Bow trout, NO ONE has posted proof (pic with tape) of a 30+" trout form the Bow. The general consensus from guides and river rats alike is that the ellusive 30's never get landed when cameras & tape are around..... or they don't exsist. When discussing this bullies aren't part of the discussion because 30+" bullies are fairly common and we're talking trout, not chars.

I have had several tanks to my boat over the last few years but nothing has ever broke the 28 1/2" mark, lots of 24-26" fish this year, but never anything where I would post a pic saying it was 30".

The first guy to have quality pics with a 30" Bow trout with the tape in the pic will become and instant local fish star..... for what ever that's worth

I agree. Ask any of the die hard Bow fly fisherman or guides who fish the Bow 250 days a year. The Browns that reach 30 inches are very very rare. To quote one Bow fly guide (who jokingly wants to punch me between the blinkers for my dumb luck in landing that 29") "I have fished the Bow for 25 years and have not seen or caught a Brown that big out of the Bow."

As for my size, for the picture reference; I am 6'0, 228lbs.
Old 09-01-2011, 11:01 AM
Banned

Default yup

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fisherman Guy View Post
I agree. Ask any of the die hard Bow fly fisherman or guides who fish the Bow 250 days a year. The Browns that reach 30 inches are very very rare. To quote one Bow fly guide (who jokingly wants to punch me between the blinkers for my dumb luck in landing that 29") "I have fished the Bow for 25 years and have not seen or caught a Brown that big out of the Bow."

Ya, but do you play rugby?
Old 09-01-2011, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeGuy View Post
workin out would be the better word after readin my posts
Old 09-01-2011, 11:09 AM
Banned

Default ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Hunter7 View Post
workin out would be the better word after readin my posts
ya, but how much can you bench?
Old 09-01-2011, 11:14 AM

Quote:
I played wing in high school. Thought I was invincible then, and needed to share with everyone who would listen at the time...

But hey fellas, at that age... were we not all guilty of the same to some extent?

Big deal, so the kid caught some nice browns, who cares if he played rugby or what the size of the fish are. They sure look purdy.

I remember when Goldscud posted that fish here a while back, that is a beauty female.
Old 09-01-2011, 11:23 AM
Banned

Default agreed

Quote:
I played wing in high school. Thought I was invincible then, and needed to share with everyone who would listen at the time...

But hey fellas, at that age... were we not all guilty of the same to some extent?

Big deal, so the kid caught some nice browns, who cares if he played rugby or what the size of the fish are. They sure look purdy.

I remember when Goldscud posted that fish here a while back, that is a beauty female.
agreed, life can be a bit more exciting when one is young and things are new

Some seriously nice fish in this thread.

Last edited by BeeGuy; 09-01-2011 at 11:26 AM. Reason: fish size accuracy
Old 09-01-2011, 11:24 AM

I think the best option would be to lynch BeeGuy for starting controversial threads.

I know where he lives. Meet you guys there. Bring pitchforks, and rugby players. I've seen him deadlift a canoe by himself. I nearly shat myself.

Uhhh and to stay on topic...I've never caught anything out of the bow, but I'm really good at PCR..
Old 09-01-2011, 11:25 AM

Quote:

i do know alot of guides on the bow river and as well read alot about the bow river, i believe there are alot of 30 inch browns in that river, but we very rarely catch them.
Old 09-01-2011, 11:27 AM
Banned

Default It's true

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgangler View Post
i think the best option would be to lynch beeguy for starting controversial threads.

I know where he lives. Meet you guys there. Bring pitchforks, and rugby players. I've seen him deadlift a canoe by himself. I nearly shat myself.

Uhhh and to stay on topic...i've never caught anything out of the bow, but i'm really good at pcr..
i seen it!
Old 09-01-2011, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldscud View Post
After fly fishing the bow for close to 40 years I've been lucky enough to hook 2 fish over 28". One skinny one(29") and one huge one (32"). The bigger one I don't have a picture of. I guess that one only counts for me.

I've heard of guys catching browns over 10lb below Carsland back when bait was allowed
That's a sick fish
Old 09-01-2011, 11:33 AM

This thread is awsome I am still waiting to see fh7 with his face photoshopped onto Arnies body!!! Keep em coming boys!!!
Old 09-01-2011, 11:40 AM

Quote:
That's a sick fish
i dont think it is, looks healthy to me
Old 09-01-2011, 11:42 AM
Banned

Default hmm

Quote:
That's a sick fish
whirling disease?
Old 09-01-2011, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGAngler View Post
I think the best option would be to lynch BeeGuy for starting controversial threads.

Uhhh and to stay on topic...I've never caught anything out of the bow, but I'm really good at PCR..
Sorry I couldn't resist....really good at PCR huh?
Old 09-01-2011, 11:46 AM
Banned

Default yup

Quote:
Originally Posted by baitfisher83 View Post
it was amazing. he was bringing them in one after another. we had our limit in no time.
Old 09-01-2011, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Hey don't worry about it, not everyone has the synapses to detect sarcasm. You on your way to lynch BeeGuy yet?
Old 09-01-2011, 11:50 AM

Quote:
it was amazing. he was bringing them in one after another. we had our limit in no time.
Oh man is it ever true, fish you really work for taste the best! My new freezer just got here, when do you wanna head back out to fill it up??
Old 09-01-2011, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Baitfisher, can you please make me some chocolate chip cookies and send em over, thankyou
Old 09-01-2011, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by best guide shawn homeniuk View Post
Baitfisher, can you please make me some chocolate chip cookies and send em over, thankyou
I would but I wouldn't wanna get thrown in the NSR if you don't like them.
Old 09-01-2011, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Hey don't worry about it, not everyone has the synapses to detect sarcasm. You on your way to lynch BeeGuy yet?
Nah i'll just slap him with my fishing rod ever time he goes "oh....oh" pretending he had a bite...lmao
Old 09-01-2011, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Nah i'll just slap him with my fishing rod ever time he goes "oh....oh" pretending he had a bite...lmao
Yeah, he's a giant dick. I fell for it too.
Old 09-01-2011, 12:05 PM
Banned

Default abc

Quote:
Yeah, he's a giant dick. I fell for it too.
hahahahahahahahaha

it never fails
Old 09-01-2011, 12:10 PM

Quote:
hahahahahahahahaha

it never fails
Imma shove that new fishfinder down your throat. Let's go fishing
Old 09-01-2011, 12:11 PM

FH7,

I see what youre getting at by mentioning rugby, youre 220 and fit, not 5'4" and 220. Did not mean to come across as being douchey, I played with way too many guys that wanted everyone to know they were rugby players, practically wore their rugby boots to the bar, probably would have if they could have, most of those types of guys were invisible on the field during the game if you know what I mean....

Now to add my .02, I believe there are 30 inch browns in the bow, rainbows too. there's got to be if so many 28's are caught the odds are good there's bigger right? I've caught them up to about 25-26 in the bow and know how they felt, I've also had fish on that dominated me and my gear that broke me off and i'm sure a lot of guys have had that experience of hooking something REALLY big but never see the fish, especially at night.... as for bulls, they are known to use the bow for wintering then they move up the highwood, sheep etc. some monsters in the bow for sure

M
Old 09-01-2011, 01:57 PM
Banned

Now thats more like it! No need for measure tape...

Not hating anyone, like superman shawn states, just having a blast looking at these pics and statements, some true some false but they are all awesome fish.

Cheers!

Last edited by jeprli; 09-01-2011 at 02:06 PM.
Old 09-01-2011, 02:08 PM

Why can't i catch a brown! All i've caught out of the bow is rainbows. Largest last year was 24", have a pic next to a tape measure, just no access to camera for a while. Never caught a brown in my life.... Is it location? They'll take the same lures right? Do browns and rainbows hang out in different spots?
Old 09-01-2011, 02:28 PM

Quote:
whirling disease?
Sorry for my use of slang, I meant that is a great fish.
Old 09-01-2011, 03:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloopbloob View Post
Why can't i catch a brown! All i've caught out of the bow is rainbows. Largest last year was 24", have a pic next to a tape measure, just no access to camera for a while. Never caught a brown in my life.... Is it location? They'll take the same lures right? Do browns and rainbows hang out in different spots?
sorry boobloob,,, no whining about only catching Rainbows booflubbedy hoo-hoo-hoo,,,, Browns are opportunists, pikes of the trout world,, try evening and slower pools and slower on stripping or retreiving your line,, they're stalkers who don't want to fight for their dinner,, they're like muggers who hang around dark alley ways of NYC or better yet Baltimore or the Bronx,, if they could wear pants, they'd wear the pair until they were soiled beyond recognition and use a coarse rope for a belt,,, if they could talk they'd have the accent of a Cockney pawn shop owner who only smokes filterless Gitannes and sips thimbelfuls of kerosene for warmth.

And as for the 15+++ free swimming specimens I've seen,,, the beginning of Princess Island is a safe Haven for the bigguns, and Carseland itself is a great place to lumber as a fish.
Old 09-01-2011, 05:01 PM

JR's bow river monster caught on his birthday in early May of this year. We haven't beat this one yet this season. Yet.

Dace

Old 09-01-2011, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daceminnow View Post
JR's bow river monster caught on his birthday in early May of this year. We haven't beat this one yet this season. Yet.

Dace

I hope, for his birthday you got him some new pants.