Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 09:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul C View Post
On the flip side that happens more often than you are aware of.
I agree.........
Old 04-28-2010, 10:14 PM

My posts are so few, maybe I should not be allowed to comment or receive helpfull info..I joined this forum to share my fishing knowledge (very little) & receive knowledge from others..I don't post alot because I work alot.Anyway to share a secret location threw somebody you don;t know seems impossible that this location is your secret.I d'ont give up my hot spots,but will always help a fisherman in need,Whether he only has time to fish on weekends because of work or family,this does not make him any different than fisherman who have all the time in the world.
Old 04-28-2010, 10:36 PM

Quote:
On the flip side that happens more often than you are aware of.
maybe you're right, but one less weekend fisherman you will worry about.there
so this is where this forum will play role to all weekend fisherman;
1.consider and respect others and fishing regulations for specific lake.
2.if the true fisherman will not share their fishing spot,don't nags.
3.don't running around like wild if you out there.

Last edited by luckyme; 04-28-2010 at 10:47 PM.
Old 04-28-2010, 11:06 PM
hunter49

I think if people are dumb enough to come on here and post where theyve been fishing, all the power to them. BUT dont whine when you have 20 guys on either side of you next weekend and cant catch sh1t ....
Old 04-29-2010, 05:53 AM

If you want to save the lakes rivers and trees etc.... Dont worrie about giving up the good fishing spots, Get all the morons that leave garbage lying around to pick it up. Morons that spill major amounts of gas in the water when they fuel up there boat and all the other stupid things that they do to stop that stuff. All that kind of stuff is far worse than catching a few fish, as it kills hundreds at a time.
Old 04-29-2010, 09:12 AM

Default So true...........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim473 View Post
If you want to save the lakes rivers and trees etc.... Dont worrie about giving up the good fishing spots, Get all the morons that leave garbage lying around to pick it up. Morons that spill major amounts of gas in the water when they fuel up there boat and all the other stupid things that they do to stop that stuff. All that kind of stuff is far worse than catching a few fish, as it kills hundreds at a time.
X2 often that posting fishing info can be used to do damage to the the great outdoors. Some people take advantage of a good thing. Last year I saw a well drilling company take water out of star lake and in the process of doing that they spilled gas into the lake.
Old 04-29-2010, 09:45 AM
Banned

Quote:
X2 often that posting fishing info can be used to do damage to the the great outdoors. Some people take advantage of a good thing. Last year I saw a well drilling company take water out of star lake and in the process of doing that they spilled gas into the lake.
Iv seen the same kind of crap, like oilfield tankers etc driving in a local river to clean the mud off. Its ok, invert, diesel etc doesn't hurt fish right? Its all good though, I had very clear pictures of what they were doing and video and they were reported lol.
Old 04-29-2010, 10:01 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterSkeeter View Post
Iv seen the same kind of crap, like oilfield tankers etc driving in a local river to clean the mud off. Its ok, invert, diesel etc doesn't hurt fish right? Its all good though, I had very clear pictures of what they were doing and video and they were reported lol.

I would like to see those pics.. Are you sure this is what they where doing ???? Do you have any idea on the punishment for such a thing ??? In these economic times a company is going to risk all to wash off some mud.. And another question you know it was invert mud how ??? and it was on their tires ??? Please enlighten us.. And myself and many others on here can assure this is not the norm not even close.. Like any industry there is the odd idiot that blatantly breaks the rules.. The way you word it, it sounds like a common practice.

And what this has to do with sharing fishing spots I would like to know..

Last edited by Walleyes; 04-29-2010 at 10:16 AM.
Old 04-29-2010, 10:33 AM
Banned

And just a note to the original poster,,, Don't tell me what to do O.K. If I want to share a lake or a spot on an open forum I will.. In all the years that I have been on this forum I have yet to hold back on the identity of a lake that I posted pics of.. If you come on here and show off your catch than you can share the info. If its just to come on here and show off so people can blow steam up your azz than don't show the pics, keep it to yourself.. Giving the exact spot in most cases is not necessary but pointing people to the right lake is just honorable and the friendly thing to do. Its those kinds of things that have made this province a great place. Its funny most of the biggest b!tchers on here aren't even native to the province,, they came over here by the bus loads to take advantage of our province's resources,, raped and pillaged them from us then complain about the amount of people using the outdoors and the lack of resources left,,, kind of ironic no ??? Then all I read about on here is how great he fishing is back home !!! Well I got one suggestion for yah all,, any guesses to what it is ???
Old 04-29-2010, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter49 View Post
I think if people are dumb enough to come on here and post where theyve been fishing, all the power to them. BUT dont whine when you have 20 guys on either side of you next weekend and cant catch sh1t ....
X2 and don't whine when all you're catching are minnows instead of a decent size fish !!!!!
Old 04-29-2010, 10:41 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walleyes View Post
I would like to see those pics.. Are you sure this is what they where doing ???? Do you have any idea on the punishment for such a thing ??? In these economic times a company is going to risk all to wash off some mud.. And another question you know it was invert mud how ??? and it was on their tires ??? Please enlighten us.. And myself and many others on here can assure this is not the norm not even close.. Like any industry there is the odd idiot that blatantly breaks the rules.. The way you word it, it sounds like a common practice.

I dont want to get in trouble for posting pics of another company doing something, I work in the oilfield and new what they were doing, I know the vac truck was on an invert job as I was on the same location, they were joking about washing off in the river, and what did I see them doing?. I dont have to enlighten anyone or show any pictures. Authorities will deal with it.
Old 04-29-2010, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Don't tell me what to do O.K.
X2.

I'm a curious one. When someone tells me not to do something, I do it just to see what will happen.

God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then he made the earth round . . . and laughed.
Old 04-29-2010, 10:44 AM
Banned

Quote:
well if you read the post I quoted and replied to, I was mentioning like the other poster how other things can affect a lake other then people.
Old 04-29-2010, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkAisling View Post
X2.

I'm a curious one. When someone tells me not to do something, I do it just to see what will happen.
What ever you do , under no circumstances do you ever ever Go out and buy me a new 4 piece fly rod and case for it. I mean it.. I AM TELLING YOU.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=15h...ec&usp=sharing
Old 04-29-2010, 10:46 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jts1 View Post
What ever you do , under no circumstances do you ever ever Go out and buy me a new 4 piece fly rod and case for it. I mean it.. I AM TELLING YOU.
LMAO,.....
Old 04-29-2010, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleM View Post
Yet another post on this, I apologize.

After reading some of the posts and threads on this subject I have come to realize that some of us as anglers are living in some sort of magical fantasy land. For the few of you who still refuse to believe that posting specific information will ruin a lake, I suggest you view some of the other forums over the internet.

Many websites have set-up "Rules" for posting fishing reports. They encourage a fishing report but no location. Whats the problem with this?
The more important question is why have they done this? Its because lakes have been destroyed by overfishing, garbage, and LAZY fisherman.

Half the work in fishing is finding spots, you are not an angler if you punch in a GPS tag and watch your screen.

Why cant AOF have a rule like this? The fishing pressure in this province is extremely high on what lakes are here. Ontario has tons of lakes and yet Ontariofishing.net imposes a rule such as the one I stated.

We are living in the past here, we better smarten up with the resource before its gone. Dont say it wont happen, there are many lakes that this has already happened to.
What a selfish pile of stink. You say that part of the fun is exploration, but you don't want "your honeyhole" fished out because then you may have to go exploring for another one?? This is not the only source of info re; spots, and I may add that certain alleged spots are really just posted to deflect people from others anyways. Keep your spots to yourself or don't, I don't really care as I have my own. Coming out and telling everyone to be selfish and all (it's my spot no one else should know about it, except maybe a few close personal friends) is just ignorant, and propagates the belief that fishermen are selfish and loath to share........even my two year old knows it's not nice to be greedy..........
Old 04-29-2010, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jts1 View Post
Hmm . . . why do I have the overwhelming urge to run over to Hanson's Outfitters at lunch?

(insert zombie smiley here)

God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then he made the earth round . . . and laughed.
Old 04-29-2010, 10:51 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota369 View Post
What a selfish pile of stink. You say that part of the fun is exploration, but you don't want "your honeyhole" fished out because then you may have to go exploring for another one?? This is not the only source of info re; spots, and I may add that certain alleged spots are really just posted to deflect people from others anyways. Keep your spots to yourself or don't, I don't really care as I have my own. Coming out and telling everyone to be selfish and all (it's my spot no one else should know about it, except maybe a few close personal friends) is just ignorant, and propagates the belief that fishermen are selfish and loath to share........even my two year old knows it's not nice to be greedy..........
I have this overwhelming urge now to tell, show and give directions to all my secret fishing spots now, just so one person can tell another and they get fished out I dont even show some of my best friends as Iv seen what happens when word gets out about a secret hole...
Old 04-29-2010, 10:55 AM

So our posts should look like this.....

I went out fishing the other day to the perfect spot "but I cant tell you where" Had a wonderful day weather was great , There was a huge hatch "But I cant tell you of what". Had me a large number of fish "But cant tell you what kind or how many" The biggest one was HUGE "again cant tell you how big" I have a wicked picture "But cant show it to you" Hope to see you out there "where I cant tell you"........

https://drive.google.com/open?id=15h...ec&usp=sharing
Old 04-29-2010, 10:57 AM
troller

Quote:
Some people have nothing better to do then search up all your posts and try and win this internet argument, which is kind of lame to begin with. Guess they showed you to voice your opinion eh KyleM

Some of these people are ridiculous
I agree, it is interesting, however, that you comprise almost 20% of the posts in this little "internet argument" thread.

Guess you don't have much else to do either?
Old 04-29-2010, 11:06 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by troller View Post
I agree, it is interesting, however, that you comprise almost 20% of the posts in this little "internet argument" thread.

Guess you don't have much else to do either?
got a few days off, its a funny thread thats gone sideways, just having fun now Im not searching up there every post looking for ways to contradict them Happy fishing
Old 04-29-2010, 11:38 AM

Quote:
I have this overwhelming urge now to tell, show and give directions to all my secret fishing spots now, just so one person can tell another and they get fished out I dont even show some of my best friends as Iv seen what happens when word gets out about a secret hole...
Follow your heart and don't tell anybody.....I really don't care, but don't try and tell me and everyone else who frequents this board how to act.
Old 04-29-2010, 11:52 AM
Banned

Quote:
Follow your heart and don't tell anybody.....I really don't care, but don't try and tell me and everyone else who frequents this board how to act.
Dont beleive iv told anyone how to act Just agreed with KyleM
Old 04-29-2010, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Dont beleive iv told anyone how to act Just agreed with KyleM
Well seeing how his post is titled "Don't tell your spots" I wouldn't think it was too great a leap in logic that you also feel the same way........and he was telling us what to do by the very nature of his post no??
Old 04-29-2010, 12:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Well seeing how his post is titled "Don't tell your spots" I wouldn't think it was too great a leap in logic that you also feel the same way........and he was telling us what to do by the very nature of his post no??
Yup I agree with him, but never did I tell anyone what to do. I dont give 2 ****s what you do, but I may think different about it.
Old 04-29-2010, 12:36 PM

Quote:
And just a note to the original poster,,, Don't tell me what to do O.K. If I want to share a lake or a spot on an open forum I will.. In all the years that I have been on this forum I have yet to hold back on the identity of a lake that I posted pics of.. If you come on here and show off your catch than you can share the info. If its just to come on here and show off so people can blow steam up your azz than don't show the pics, keep it to yourself.. Giving the exact spot in most cases is not necessary but pointing people to the right lake is just honorable and the friendly thing to do. Its those kinds of things that have made this province a great place. Its funny most of the biggest b!tchers on here aren't even native to the province,, they came over here by the bus loads to take advantage of our province's resources,, raped and pillaged them from us then complain about the amount of people using the outdoors and the lack of resources left,,, kind of ironic no ??? Then all I read about on here is how great he fishing is back home !!! Well I got one suggestion for yah all,, any guesses to what it is ???

X2!!! I'm trying not to keep looking at this thread but it's like a bad car crash, I can't help it I kind of hope it goes away... I'm a another dumb post and a couple of beers away from saying something stupid

I will leave with this Kyle m and waterskeeter I think you both are WRONG.
Old 04-29-2010, 01:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseknuckle View Post
X2!!! I'm trying not to keep looking at this thread but it's like a bad car crash, I can't help it I kind of hope it goes away... I'm a another dumb post and a couple of beers away from saying something stupid

I will leave with this Kyle m and waterskeeter I think you both are WRONG.
Thats ok
Old 04-29-2010, 02:08 PM

I guess we just have to let waterskeeter and KyleM start there own private little club (clothing optional?) where all they do is tell each other nothing. Boy, that sounds exciting. Morph1 would like to join as well, but no pictures, that guy can photoshop anything!

Glad to see lots of others stand up for the everyman who needs help with where and how to fish. Too many of you to agree with.
Old 04-29-2010, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Some people have nothing better to do then search up all your posts and try and win this internet argument, which is kind of lame to begin with. Guess they showed you to voice your opinion eh KyleM

Some of these people are ridiculous
By the way, I searched your posts Waterskeeter, but all I could find was

X2...

WTF? What a sycophant.
Old 04-29-2010, 02:19 PM

Some people need to be spoon fed. Info on the boards can help.

However some info on here could be damaging.
Closed Thread