Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 10-16-2019, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZM View Post
Great machine.

Had the same series machine at work for years.

I think the "standard bucket" we got with ours was 8.5 wide and 2.5 cu yd. - The operator wanted a bigger bucket (9 acre yard) and a fair amount of parking lot (hundred cars or so).

We bought an extra bucket for the yard to do snow removal. Was 10' and 4.0 yd.

Huge improvement and cut the time in half.

I can pull the PO on Monday and see what the name of the outfit was, but I believe they are local to Edmonton with Manufacturing here. That was 4 years ago????

We bought new, but they may have used? I don't know. I do know they do rebuild and repairs so it would make sense to ask anyways.
Ken,

Tried finding original paperwork, no luck, so looked at the "notes" for loader yard equipment and found the Bucket was bought at cash auction, says "$5580 cash auction plus brokerage" ??? .....not sure where it originated from..... not sure if that helps ..... I do remember it was pretty much spanking new - looked like it might have been used for demo only *still lots of paint on working surfaces when we got it.
Old 10-27-2019, 10:12 PM

Brought the big bucket home, had it for nearly 24 hours and sold it! Never even got to try it lol. My loader picked it like there was no weight there at all, even just chained up. The plan was to sell it when I saw it, was huge sitting there. I did ok on it!

Just to give an idea the size- the cutting edge on it was 20" deep and 1 1/2" thick. I would bet it weighed nearly a thousand pounds.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....