Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 05-16-2018, 09:10 AM

Default Prohibited Firearms Sales Approved by Mistake

The RCMP allowed people to purchase these firearms by mistake, so why aren't the owners being grandfathered, or at least being compensated financially for property that they paid for?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/guns...p=FB_Post_News
Old 05-16-2018, 09:14 AM

It's more than just "allowed people to purchase". They were issued licenses, albeit improperly. In my opinion, they should be allowed to keep the licenses and the firearms. The firearms were purchased legally with the correct license. The RCMP juts issued them the wrong license. Hardly a mistake by the end user.

I would be a little choked.
Old 05-16-2018, 11:43 AM
Banned

Sad
Old 05-17-2018, 03:31 AM

Makes a person wonder if or how many of these were used to pad the numbers of "domestically sourced illegal guns" in their report to the Public Safety Minister doesn't it?
And it really makes a person wonder about this;

https://thegunblog.ca/2018/05/16/rcm...ing-c-71-info/
Old 05-17-2018, 07:27 AM

So if you go to renew your drivers license and they accidentally add the motorcycle designation, would you go buy a bike, register it, insurance it and then drive it without ever being road tested for a motorcycle license.

These people knew they only have a 12(7) license. They is no way that not everyone of them was aware of the clerical error as they all had to apply for a 12(7) originally. They decided to use a wrongfully issued license to purchase firearms they were not authorized to possess. Now you want tax payers dollars to pay for there deception???? No thanks!
Old 05-17-2018, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendan's dad View Post
So if you go to renew your drivers license and they accidentally add the motorcycle designation, would you go buy a bike, register it, insurance it and then drive it without ever being road tested for a motorcycle license.

These people knew they only have a 12(7) license. They is no way that not everyone of them was aware of the clerical error as they all had to apply for a 12(7) originally. They decided to use a wrongfully issued license to purchase firearms they were not authorized to possess. Now you want tax payers dollars to pay for there deception???? No thanks!
x2,if you don't know why your license is written wrong have it changed,before doing something you know isn't correct.I won't go buy a transport truck if I never wrote my class 1 then expect to continue driving it with a class 5.Then want my money back for the truck.
Old 05-18-2018, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendan's dad View Post
Ummmmm....YES I most certainly would,lol.😝
In fact.....when I moved to AB in 2011 I tried to scam the girl at Registry and told her in NB a Class 1E covers motorcycle as well,but she wasn't buying it.☹️