Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 06-29-2010, 12:57 PM

Default North Ram River

Has anyone been down to the North Ram lately? Is the river too dirty from run-off or rain to fish? I'm hoping to cast a fly there this weekend but wondering If it's worth the trip. Any info would be appreciated.
Old 07-12-2010, 09:22 AM

Just got back from 10 days up there. River has cleared up a lot. Still pretty high, but clear. Fishing was slow though. Didnt see much surfacing. A few weeks and it should be great.
Old 07-13-2010, 09:13 PM

Default North Ram River

I was at the North Ram River last Thursday. I found it to be a bit on the low side and quite clear. The fishing was ok given that I couldn't fish where I really wanted to because 4 other guys were just heading down river ahead of me.

You will want to check the on-line stream flow information before heading down anytime soon. I'm not sure if that area is getting the same amount of rain as Edmonton but if it is the river has likely risen quite a bit.
Old 07-14-2010, 08:10 AM

it looks like most rivers/creeks have doubled their flow rate since saturday in that area.. Example..the north ram has gone from 23.6 m3/s to 56.4 this morning and prairie has gone from 4.6 to 9.8 and more rain in the forecast.