Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 06-27-2009, 11:28 AM

Default walleye keepers??

Ok plans have changed, I'm looking for a good boat lake to get a few walleye for dinner! a heads up and a decent lake within 300 k's of edmonton would be appriciated!
Old 06-27-2009, 11:32 AM

Lesser Slave lake is 300 km from edmonton and usually good fishing. Can get rough for smaller boats even in the bays.
Old 06-27-2009, 11:45 AM

ya i was thinking slave or calling, just kinda hoping a little gem of a lake would pop up....Searching the regs saddle lake has a 3 fish limit and so does frog lake and goodfish. So are these lake s full of walleye? I have never headr anything on these lake either?? whats up there??
Old 06-27-2009, 01:46 PM

Default Walleye

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorne View Post
ya i was thinking slave or calling, just kinda hoping a little gem of a lake would pop up....Searching the regs saddle lake has a 3 fish limit and so does frog lake and goodfish. So are these lake s full of walleye? I have never headr anything on these lake either?? whats up there??

South Buck, Nordegg River, Marie Lake, Moose Lake,
Old 06-27-2009, 02:19 PM

South buck, perfect for tomorrow, should have thought of that one myself...how has the fishing been there lately? Never been there befor, will be a good educational day!
Old 06-27-2009, 02:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorne View Post

Goodfish lake has some great Walleye in it but it is a bigger lake so it may take some time to find them but when you do they are plentifull.

P.S. just watch where you park your truck cause there may be little left of it when you get back if the locals get on to it..
Old 06-28-2009, 01:59 AM

Default locals

ya i hear the locals out there can be quit unruly.... don't go alone and don't leave any valubles in the truck.
Old 06-28-2009, 05:06 AM

Well doesn't Goodfish sound like the perfectly pleasent locations for some relaxing walleye fishing...."well the fish were biting, and I managed to land a 8lber! just wish my truck wasn't up on blocks with all the windows smashed...at least I have my fish!" Ya no thanks...I'ld have to keep the truck in sight at all times and at least in range!
Old 06-28-2009, 06:41 AM

Thats just makes me very angry that these SOB do this take a mans gear and damages his truck when he,s out fishing ,,,,Where is this place I want to go there and park my truck then wait in the trees and come out when these sob try to take/break something dirty rotten un human peices of sht
Old 06-28-2009, 07:51 AM

Default Wtf

Did anything at goodfish really happen or are you all just living in a fantasy world where one persons thoughts are spurring a situation that may or may not happened.
Grow Up
Old 06-28-2009, 08:21 AM

Default Thieves?

Oh the usual flavor of this board...I would also like to hear of the incidents in Goodfish Lake. I could tell you, because I'm not a bias and ignorant person, that this most definitely happens EVERYWHERE. Had both sides of my boat trailer lights stolen as I was fishing, what a nice surprise when I came off the lake! I agree though also, I would love to catch a thief in action. Wouldn't be pretty.
Old 06-28-2009, 11:42 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLP View Post
Did anything at goodfish really happen or are you all just living in a fantasy world where one persons thoughts are spurring a situation that may or may not happened.
Grow Up

More than once I can asure you !!!

I come from that neck of the woods and I have experienced it and I personely know a couple other fellows that have ran into the same problem.

Look,, its a bad neibourhood is all nothing more than that. Would you park and leave your truck all night in down town Edmonton ?? I doubt it. All I was stating is that you have to be carefull out there. Take from that what you will or don't I could careless..
Old 06-28-2009, 03:24 PM

Default Agreed

I have never experienced it before...but i am heading out to goodfish for a day trip in the very near future and i will let you all know what happens...or doesn't
Old 06-28-2009, 04:15 PM

There are two rules when you're in the lakeland, and you know this if you're from here...

1) Don't leave your truck unattended at Goodfish Lake
2) Don't leave ANYTHING unattended at Heart Lake
Old 06-28-2009, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kreator View Post
There are two rules when you're in the lakeland, and you know this if you're from here...

1) Don't leave your truck unattended at Goodfish Lake
2) Don't leave ANYTHING unattended at Heart Lake
Carry shot gun