Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 07-06-2017, 08:21 AM

Default Boston accommodations

Heading to Fenway Park in a couple weeks and just wondering if anyone's been before. Looking for some ideas on where to stay and suggestions on what else to check out besides baseball games.

Thank you
Old 07-06-2017, 08:56 AM

If you appreciate history at all, walk the Freedom Trail. It's a route through downtown Boston denoted by painted footsteps on the street, goes by most of the early Boston, revolutionary, and civil war sites. Very interesting. I especially enjoyed the old granary cemetery. It's downtown on the route. Gives you a sense of how people lived and died over four centuries ago.

Rent a car and drive up to Salem, visit the witch museum. I found the "Cheers" bar definitely underwhelming and would not bother.

I've always been there on business and stayed in standard hotels like the Westin, but I had someone recommend this as a great little place: In Beacon Hill just off Boston Common. Great location.
http://beaconhillhotel.com/
Old 07-06-2017, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
If you appreciate history at all, walk the Freedom Trail. It's a route through downtown Boston denoted by painted footsteps on the street, goes by most of the early Boston, revolutionary, and civil war sites. Very interesting. I especially enjoyed the old granary cemetery. It's downtown on the route. Gives you a sense of how people lived and died over four centuries ago.

Rent a car and drive up to Salem, visit the witch museum. I found the "Cheers" bar definitely underwhelming and would not bother.

I've always been there on business and stayed in standard hotels like the Westin, but I had someone recommend this as a great little place: In Beacon Hill just off Boston Common. Great location.
http://beaconhillhotel.com/
Thanks for the info, i checked it out and the rooms are $500 a night!! Might have to buy a sleeping bag and sleep at Fenway 😀
Old 07-06-2017, 12:25 PM

If you need cheap in Boston check out Trip adviser for the exact dates you will be there. Really hard to near impossible to find anything good near the park or downtown under 350 U.S. a night. Should be much cheaper out by the airport and still decent rooms. Be VERY careful in Boston to check the mattress for bed bugs BEFORE moving your stuff in. Boston has a REALLY bad bed bug problem, even at some of the very expensive hotels.

There are a ton of things to do in Boston. It is a great city for restaurants, museums, churches, history or pretty much whatever interests you. They even have a great River tour in old converted Army amphibious craft. The one thing it isn't is cheap to travel to.

Last edited by Dean2; 07-06-2017 at 12:42 PM.
Old 07-06-2017, 01:01 PM

Last edited by Dean2; 07-06-2017 at 01:08 PM.
Old 07-06-2017, 01:58 PM

If you like old famous ships...
https://ussconstitutionmuseum.org/
Old 07-06-2017, 10:14 PM

Thumbs up

Thanks for the help, I appreciate all the info