Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 12-31-2013, 10:40 PM

Default Zipper lock buildings

Anyone know much about zipper lock buildings for a shed?
Old 01-01-2014, 12:01 AM
Gone Hunting

Check with a few that have them, most have holes in them from truck boxes etc, the curvature of the wall is too flat, you end up with much less usable space than the footprint because you can't get close to the walls.
Old 01-01-2014, 08:47 AM

I've seen several with the end walls caved in from high wind and there's no fixing them either.
Old 01-01-2014, 08:49 AM

they are nice buildings we have one at our farm very bright inside versus traditional quanset due to the white walls. As for wall angles they are not bad and you can get pretty large equipment close to the walls. Ours is over 20yrs old and has had no issues at all.
Old 01-01-2014, 10:40 AM

Knew a guy who had one. That damage one poster wrote about is about impossible to fix, without involving to company. Surprised they are even still around. Lot of better alternatives. Even wooden arch ribs have about gone the way of the Dodo.

Grizz
Old 01-01-2014, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ-65 View Post
I've seen several with the end walls caved in from high wind and there's no fixing them either.
Not true we had the west wall/door blow in a few years back despite fighting with the company over warranty and finally getting them to come do it it was repaired. As for usable space beside walls I'm 5'10" and can stand 3 ft from the wall and not bang my head. We've had it approx 25-30 years and no problems other than the west wall (to be fair it was a terrible wind storm)
Old 01-01-2014, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albertaguide View Post
Not true we had the west wall/door blow in a few years back despite fighting with the company over warranty and finally getting them to come do it it was repaired. As for usable space beside walls I'm 5'10" and can stand 3 ft from the wall and not bang my head. We've had it approx 25-30 years and no problems other than the west wall (to be fair it was a terrible wind storm)
Where abouts are you to get that strong of winds?