Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 07-06-2017, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes_G View Post
Exactly what I said.

Sorry Wes, I didn't see that. My apologies. If you and I both agree we must be right.
Old 07-06-2017, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Abelard View Post
Omitting a checkbox on a government form is going to lead to the end of civilization?

It is uncivilized behavior that is more likely to lead to the end of civilization.
It's all interconnected and you have to connect the dots. This is one more step in the wrong direction - in our civilization's march in the wrong direction. We are heading towards uncivilized behavior, which will be the result of us failing to teach our children to be civilized. That requires difficult things like discipline that we don't like to do. We'd rather teach our children that they get to choose what their gender is, that they deserve anything they want, and that if you hug your enemy you'll all live happily ever after. We are teaching our children outright, fundamental lies about life and yet we hope they'll be civilized?
Old 07-07-2017, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappy View Post
It's all interconnected and you have to connect the dots. This is one more step in the wrong direction - in our civilization's march in the wrong direction. We are heading towards uncivilized behavior,
Change is always taking place. Who is to say it's decay?

For the many that don't fall into the traditional two categories, this is seen as progress.

My best friend in my 20s transitioned into a woman recently. Back in the day we joined the military together. We chased girls together. We were roomates. He's neither a "creep" nor decadent, nor uncivilized. He's not trying to erode anyone's beloved traditional values, and is otherwise a fairly typical fellow. The whole thing came as a shock to me, but more power to him (her).

I think civilization will survive.