Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2017, 09:14 AM
Banned

Thumbs up Khadr murder victim's widow applies to secure any rewards given to the terrorist

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/u-s-app...hadr-1.3489512

Quote:
The lawyer for the widow of an American soldier killed in Afghanistan said Tuesday they have filed an application so that any money paid by the Canadian government to a former Guantanamo Bay prisoner convicted of killing him will go toward the widow and another U.S. soldier injured.

Lawyer Don Winder made the comments as a decision by the Canadian government to apologize and give millions of dollars to Omar Khadr came under mounting criticism.

Good luck to them. I hope they get every penny and then some.
Old 07-05-2017, 09:29 AM

Nice!!!!
Sure as hell would prefer MY TAX MONEY to go to them instead of that p.o.s.

If some other bleeding hearts still want to support that P.O.S., they can set up a go fund me
Old 07-05-2017, 09:35 AM
Banned

I hope she gets every cent of it.
Old 07-05-2017, 09:39 AM

While I hope Khadr never sees a dime of it, I do have a bit of a problem with our Canadian tax dollars going to the widow of the medic. Don't get me wrong, she deserves compensation, but I only wish it was the Khadr family's money she was getting, not our tax money.
Old 07-05-2017, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott N View Post
While I hope Khadr never sees a dime of it, I do have a bit of a problem with our Canadian tax dollars going to the widow of the medic. Don't get me wrong, she deserves compensation, but I only wish it was the Khadr family's money she was getting, not our tax money.
I agree with you 100%, just saying if it's going to happen anyways (the money) then it may as well end up with them in the end and not him.

I would prefer our idjit liberal government not to pay out anything.
Old 07-05-2017, 09:48 AM
Banned

Quote:
We have 2 more years left of a child making decisions on behalf of our country, hopefully next time at the polls people will elect a mature leader.
Old 07-05-2017, 09:52 AM

10 million from the Canadian governement for the works of America. This whole case blows my mind and shows how poor the legal system is in Canada
Old 07-05-2017, 09:54 AM

Not to mention THIS IS AN ACT OF TREASON!!!! He should be booted from this country
Old 07-05-2017, 09:58 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
We have 2 more years left of a child making decisions on behalf of our country, hopefully next time at the polls people will elect a mature leader.
Better get used to it. Trudeau is going to be around for a long long time.
Old 07-05-2017, 09:59 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deer Hunter View Post
Better get used to it. Trudeau is going to be around for a long long time.
As long as the stupid people out number the wise in Canada...
Old 07-05-2017, 10:04 AM

Better her than the criminal, but ideally that money would be returned to the Canadian taxpayer.

Don't expect this stupidity to end any time soon.

Old 07-05-2017, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugatika View Post

Good luck to them. I hope they get every penny and then some.

I hope the compensation offer is pulled and the government backs down. If it goes ahead and writes a cheque the above is the next best outcome.
Old 07-05-2017, 10:21 AM

Quote:
As long as the stupid people out number the wise in Canada...
Old 07-05-2017, 10:25 AM
Banned

Default Give it a rest all you wise men.

How is it that you come to blame the prime minister for a decision made by the courts, of which the prime minister is not a sitting (nor trained) judge? Furthermore, most of the judges were appointed by the previous government(s).

While the P.M. is a bit of a nuisance and not my first choice as leader, so are people who think they know everything and are only able to spew invective at anyone that doesn't meet their particular (and biased) criteria.

Like it or not, Canadian citizens are protected by our Charter of Rights and the young man is entitled to those rights.

As it stands, the lawyers in Canada will get first dibs at handfuls of cash and if the American widow goes ahead with her plans to sue the Canadian, then the U.S. lawyers will get the rest .

And that is how the judicial systems work in all countries.
Old 07-05-2017, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom55 View Post
How is it that you come to blame the prime minister for a decision made by the courts, of which the prime minister is not a sitting (nor trained) judge? Furthermore, most of the judges were appointed by the previous government(s).

While the P.M. is a bit of a nuisance and not my first choice as leader, so are people who think they know everything and are only able to spew invective at anyone that doesn't meet their particular (and biased) criteria.

Like it or not, Canadian citizens are protected by our Charter of Rights and the young man is entitled to those rights.

As it stands, the lawyers in Canada will get first dibs at handfuls of cash and if the American widow goes ahead with her plans to sue the Canadian, then the U.S. lawyers will get the rest .

At what point of committing Treason should young Mr. Khadr have lost his precious Charter Rights?
Old 07-05-2017, 10:37 AM
Banned

Quote:

Khadar is justins poster boy, even though he wasn't the man who awarded the judgment he's the man in charge of the country that's handing over 10.5 million to a convicted terrorist. I'm sure he could spend some taxpayers dollars stopping such nonsense.
Old 07-05-2017, 10:50 AM
Banned

So it is your belief that Pierre the Younger can influence court decisions and veto them entirely, if it is his whim?

Some folks should sue their school board for all the wasted funds their daddies spent. Won't make them any smarter, but the lawyers WILL BE RICH!
Old 07-05-2017, 10:51 AM

Quote:

Umm, If the Trudeau Liberals had any kind of spine they wouldn't of came out with a settlement. A child Terrorist is not the same as a child soldier.
Old 07-05-2017, 10:59 AM

Default Not

Quote:

Not a decision made by the courts in any way, shape, or form. There is an ongoing court case. The court has not to this point heard any evidence or held any trial, or made any decisions on viability of the claims as filed. If it were to go to trial, Khadr might or might not be successful, and might or might not be awarded anything near $10M.

This is a purely political decision made by a government too cowardly and misguided to represent the best interests of its citizens, period. And, it has nothing directly to do with the Charter of Rights. It has to do with asserted obligations of the government to advocate on behalf of citizens who are affected by this kind of foreign government action.

If Turdo II wants to sweep this under a carpet and deflect blame, he should let the courts decide the outcome. Then, if it is adverse, he can blame it all on the evil former PM, like every other of his failures.
Old 07-05-2017, 11:09 AM

I would like to see the widow get the money, but I would rather the lawyers get it than Kadr. People should not profit from being a terrorist.
Old 07-05-2017, 11:13 AM
Banned

What kind of message does this send to isis?
Old 07-05-2017, 11:51 AM

On a slightly different note, can the families of civilians killed by US troops/bombs in Iraq sue the US government? I don't know. I'm asking.
Old 07-05-2017, 12:13 PM
Banned

Hope they get every last cent, our government have become professionals at throwing our tax money away, I believe it is what they are best at. Trump may be a jerk but I'd bet my house he wouldn't give 10 million to a terrorist, and because of things like that I have way more respect for him than that brain dead sack of dog poop we unfortunately have as our leader.
Old 07-05-2017, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Harper called it.
Old 07-05-2017, 01:15 PM

A great example of how lawyers influence politics, to get laws passed, to get access to more money for themselves, from the taxpayers and anyone else they can bilk for money, around the world. They are the most powerful and influential lobbyists around.
Old 07-05-2017, 01:37 PM

Quote:
At what point of committing Treason should young Mr. Khadr have lost his precious Charter Rights?
Um he was a minor at the time of the fire fight and clearly brainwashed by his father. You can turn anybody into a killer with that childhood; even your own children. You want the charter and rights not to apply to your kids too?
Old 07-05-2017, 01:53 PM

Forgive my ignorance as I never read or heard a news report saying he won a court decision regarding his lawsuit. So did his suit against the gov even go to trial or was it settled out of court? I thought it was the latter as his ask was originally 20 million.

If no court trial, how did a judge make the ruling of 10 mill and an apology? That means it would have been the Gov of the day, IE Turdo, agreeing to a pre court settlement.

Apologies if I was under a rock when that trial was underway and news came out and I missed it all.

I too hope the widow gets all of it. Better her than Kadar and his lawyers.
Old 07-05-2017, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robson3954 View Post
Um he was a minor at the time of the fire fight and clearly brainwashed by his father. You can turn anybody into a killer with that childhood; even your own children. You want the charter and rights not to apply to your kids too?
And he was in Afghanistan, and I'm pretty sure not our (Canada's) problem, nor protected by Turdo Version 1.0's Charter. Comparing Kadhr to anyone other regular Candadian is a joke.
Old 07-05-2017, 02:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
And what do you propose we do with fathers that brainwash their children into believing they should kill for their religion?
Old 07-05-2017, 02:31 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
He's not a minor now. Still has no concept of right or wrong? What has he done to take responsibility for his actions?

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Closed Thread