Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-19-2011, 07:16 AM

Default TELUS PVR-TV etc.

Anyone else have telus tv...pvr ...internet ....Worked great for first few months , now Pvr wont play back with out freezing ....

telus says microsoft issue , been going on for 3 wks ...cant seem to fix it..

This is Optik tv... is it time to go back to shaw.....thnx W101
Old 03-19-2011, 07:32 AM

Cant get optik out on the acreage but I have the telus pvr with the dish. Been around 6 months with no issues. I like it better than the star choice I had before.
Old 03-19-2011, 07:41 AM

I have Telus Optik, no issues in my area as extreme as yours but I'm sure sorry I canceled Bell satellite for this crap.
Old 03-19-2011, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporty View Post
I have Telus Optik, no issues in my area as extreme as yours but I'm sure sorry I canceled Bell satellite for this crap.
Is the Telus service not just bell resold by Telus?

"I find it interesting that some folk will pay to use a range, use a golf course, use a garage bay but think landowners should have to give permission for free. Do these same people think hookers should be treated like landowners?" pitw
Old 03-19-2011, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanmc View Post
Cant get optik out on the acreage but I have the telus pvr with the dish. Been around 6 months with no issues. I like it better than the star choice I had before.
Have the same thing Telus pvr with a dish , it works great , but wait till you need service, that is an whole other story, Telus want's you to stay home all day , they may show up between 8 and 4 their service sux big time.
Old 03-19-2011, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbillyreefer View Post
Is the Telus service not just bell resold by Telus?
Yes it is.
Old 03-19-2011, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewerrat View Post
Have the same thing Telus pvr with a dish , it works great , but wait till you need service, that is an whole other story, Telus want's you to stay home all day , they may show up between 8 and 4 their service sux big time.
That may be but when I switched internet and tv over to telus the amount I was spending on tv,phone, and internet dropped $1200.00 per year and the service I was getting from shaw was also very poor.
Old 03-19-2011, 09:29 AM

Default tel us

I've been told I have to upgrade to optic. "have you heard of optic tv"? the lady on the phone says.
Like I care. Yes, I've seen the Lion cubs on the bill boards.
It's forced on me as the network upgrade.
I have no need for PVR. If I want to watch cup cake wars I will watch it when it's on.
Anyway, I got told that I will have the same bill for 12 months after that I will be charged for each box $10.
After danceing around for several calls, I asked If I can just outright buy the box. "Uh....ya you can", says the stunned voice.
I was then told that the boxes can be bought through them for about $160 or sometimes stores like Visions sells them.
Anyone taken this route?
I know when I was with Shaw, I rented the box for years and then got told I could out-right purchase it. P!22 me off!

If it wasn't for the kids I would cut right back on the TV pack.
Old 03-19-2011, 07:52 PM

Default pvr tv

Just had big discussion with telus rep about this. Came pretty close to switching from bell to telus optik because they could bundle my phone internet and tv for a better price and upgrade my internet as a bonus at the same time. What a load of hooey! I would save about $8 a month and only if I sign up for a 3 year deal. So......I asked what if I don't like it and want to cancel it? If I cancel I'm still on the hook for 3 years of equipment rental. I asked what about the customer satisfaction aspect of this and it was the same answer. The phone reps in India are pretty limited in what they can say. I persisted and got a manager on this side of the world and got much the same answer. So I then asked about the satisfaction part and was told that I find the best deal possible and have that recorded in my file on their system, order the service as a month to month billing and after I decided I wanted to keep it they recall the special pricing for me and then put it in place for a 3 year term. I would be payng for the install though. If I did this, it would cost me more in the long run than if I just stayed with what I have.
A friend of mine is a telus tech and he said if I was happy with what I have that I would likely be unhappy with the switch to optik. That being said, I'm keepng my bell setup.

Geo
Old 03-19-2011, 08:36 PM

bell is better than telus tv....

hurd that from several people...

bust best thing you can do with telus is bitch about service....
check your internet spead...
I did and they can not service what I pay for so I get a couple free months ...
we also cut the house phone ....never use it..

tv is from the onternt or locals off a hd antena I made in 10 minutes...

movies and ppv's are on the computer

lots od options out there
Old 03-19-2011, 08:41 PM

I had Telus Optic Tv. It was a wicked thing for the first few months. Had internet phone and tv all working great. But then my tv would freez up a little at first then it turned to locking up outright. Would need to reset the box and even then it would only work for a short time. Had a telus guy at my home 4 times. They replaced coaxle cables, PVR "all 3 of them in fact" And still didnt fix it. Then my phone would cut in and out. After 3 months of that crap they sent me 100 bucks and killed my service.Telus was great IF it worked. But we were paying over 300 a month for a service that did not work half the time. So now I am back to being on hold for 3 hrs with shaw. I would not recomend Optic Tv for anyone. Nor shaw for that matter but cant live with out email or tv. I am not even sure how they used to get up to change the channels back in the day. Could you even begin to think how bad life would suck if you had to get up to change the channel ????

https://drive.google.com/open?id=15h...ec&usp=sharing
Old 03-20-2011, 10:43 AM

Default Mine is the same way.

Can't watch a recorded movie without it freezing and restarting a dozen times. Also watching live tv is pixelated. Sucks big time. Usually happens every couple of weeks for a day or two at a time. Telus techs came by and they had no idea what the issue was. At least we got them to drop the rates by half for the next 5 months.
Old 03-20-2011, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern View Post
Can't watch a recorded movie without it freezing and restarting a dozen times. Also watching live tv is pixelated. Sucks big time. Usually happens every couple of weeks for a day or two at a time. Telus techs came by and they had no idea what the issue was. At least we got them to drop the rates by half for the next 5 months.
I had this issue with Shaw after I upgraded to the HD box. Picture was pixelated and poor quality. They told me the new stuff needs a pristine signal...they came out and found the cable in the ground that run from the switching box to my house was bad (old). They then brought in a directional driller and went under my driveway and into my house with new cable....ON THEIR COIN! I was really impressed with the way they handled this. Maybe you have a similar issue? These new boxes and setups are only as good as the weakest link, they did some speed testing and found the signal quality coming into the house was too poor for the new stuff to work well. The old stuff didn't expose poor signal I guess.

Lefty
Old 03-20-2011, 12:28 PM

I have telus Optic tv and not an issue with it for the past year...love it actually and I have had Star choice, Bell and shaw before. The only one I would go back to would be Bell...The other 2 were the worst.