Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 10-21-2020, 11:12 PM

I've been having more "separatist" thoughts as of late which I used to scoff at as completely unrealistic and counter productive to our economy. As long as Trudeau is in power, especially under the strict watch of the NDP Alberta will suffer. He is an absolute egomaniac and we didn't kiss the ring last election so we shall get what we deserve in his eyes.

With the NDP there to prop him up any last shred of centrist fibre left in that party is gone. There is no surprise that jagmeats party voted the way they did.

jagmeat- "new democrats will not give Prime Minister trudeau the election he is looking for"

Translation- "Why the heck would I vote myself out of power"

As much I think more and more of separation there is also the feeling that "This to shall pass." Let this concoction of stink bait marinate for a bit until the majority of Canadians can't stand the smell. Worst thing that could have happened right now is an election.
Old 10-22-2020, 01:04 AM

Jagmeet answered in an interview to the effect that they didn't vote against triggering an election to support the Liberals, but because an election would be bad due to Ontario and Quebec, purportedly referring to how the NDP is polling in those provinces. Why would the NDP want to go into an election where the NDP would not gain seats? In addition to that, consider the NDP's finances, those financially-challenged commies can't afford an election and certainly can't raise anything from their base of barely, if-at-all employed supporters.

What would the buffet table look like at an NDP fund-raiser look like anyways? A pot-luck where barely anyone brings anything because they all want to have what someone else brought?
Old 10-22-2020, 06:59 AM

If an election was triggered the libs might well have gotten a majority and everything would be swept under the carpet. Now at least the conservatives can still try to investigate them.
Old 10-22-2020, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
He is a political animal. He talks a great game, says all the right things usually, and does SFA. He won't even let us know what the Fair Deal Panel (that we paid for) had to say. Because it supports separation, and that is absolutely NOT part of his game plan. Seeing him all cozy with O'Toole didn't give me warm fuzzies either.

Wexit has had an issue from day one with credibility. And they aren't even Wexit anymore. They got rebranded as the "Maverick Party" now. That doesn't help, unless your name is Goose.

It's not looking too good, that's all I'm going to say. As long as any separatist party comes off as wingnuts, it isn't going to garner the support it needs from all the fed up moderate but reasonable Albertans who are just tired of it all. They aren't going to go all 'Yellow Vest'.
I agree, Kenney cuddling O'tool didn't get me excited. It's more of his pandering to Ottawa. Just a smoke show. No matter who is in Ottawa, the west won't get its due.

I did not know that WEXIT had changed its name. I also agree, a separtist party in the west, must not be a wingnut run organization. It needs to be a strong party in one or two provinces and at a federal level first. It must have a strong pro west constitution, a sound game plan and quality leadership. I'd love to see Brian Jean get involved and steer the west to independence.

BW
Old 10-22-2020, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarychef View Post
If an election was triggered the libs might well have gotten a majority and everything would be swept under the carpet. Now at least the conservatives can still try to investigate them.
This! Going into an election now would have been disastrous. Far too many Canadians feel that JT walks on water and he'd walk away with a majority government.
Old 10-22-2020, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigwoodsman View Post
I agree, Kenney cuddling O'tool didn't get me excited. It's more of his pandering to Ottawa. Just a smoke show. No matter who is in Ottawa, the west won't get its due.

I did not know that WEXIT had changed its name. I also agree, a separtist party in the west, must not be a wingnut run organization. It needs to be a strong party in one or two provinces and at a federal level first. It must have a strong pro west constitution, a sound game plan and quality leadership. I'd love to see Brian Jean get involved and steer the west to independence.

BW
It's pretty bad when most Albertans didn't even know Wexit wasn't Wexit anymore. It happened out of the blue, and those who were aware by and large didn't seem too impressed.....some saw it as a good idea though. I didn't mind the idea of a name change at all (because of the wingnut component associated with Wexit)....but Maverick is just...weird.

https://www.westernstandardonline.co...wexit-baggage/

https://www.maverickparty.ca/

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 10-22-2020, 03:14 PM
Banned

Arrow

Listened to the Evan Soloman show yesterday. He interviewed the Liberal house leader Pablo Rodriquez and literally turned him inside out.
He was speechless a number of times. Then suddenly his English started to become extremely poor.

Soleman then interviews Jagmeet. Jagmeet is in "total shock" that anyone would want an election in the middle of a pandemic.
Singh started to really get worked up in that, so Evan states: "Yeah but you just supported the NDP election in BC"

Long Drawn Out Silence.

Singh then counters with another entirely different subject matter and refuses to answer any further on the apparent hypocrisy.

You can't make this stuff up...

Nog