Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 08-03-2009, 10:04 PM

Default Kahles no longer has a Canadian Distributor

I was so pleased with my new Kahles CT 3x9x42 scope,that I called to order a second one for my new Cooper rifle that should arrive around early September.I received a quote from Ellwood Epps,but they called back to tell me that as of July 1st,there is no longer a Kahles distributor in Canada.There hasn't been a Kahles distributor in the U.S.A. for quite some time now.I tried every dealer in Canada that I could think of,and apparently there are no Kahles CT 3x9x42 scopes in Canada.
I did a search online,and found a dealer in New Zealand that has these scopes in stock.I spoke with the dealer,and unlike the U.S.A. ,New Zealand does not require export permits for scopes.I added the airmail shipping charges,and after converting to Canadian Dollars,the price was actually about $50 less than what I paid for the first scope at Wholesale Sports,and $100 less than what Ellwood Epps quoted me.The delivery time is listed as 5 to 12 days,whereas Ellwood Epps quoted me 10 to 12 weeks before discovering that Kahles no longer has a Canadian distributor.
Old 08-03-2009, 10:13 PM

Default kahles?

elkhunter, check out kindermann canada. i used to buy all my swarovski stuff thru them but the owner my contact has since retired from there and they no longer sell swarovski. according to him only kahles optics from vienna are still sold by kindermann. anyways hope this helps, take care, rob.
you can still talk to stephen i believe at kindermann..
Old 08-03-2009, 10:19 PM

Quote:
elkhunter, check out kindermann canada. i used to buy all my swarovski stuff thru them but the owner my contact has since retired from there and they no longer sell swarovski. according to him only kahles optics from vienna are still sold by kindermann.
According to two different dealers,Kinderman no longer handles Kahles.I actually talked to someone from Kinderman a few weeks ago by e-mail,and they were going to going to get back to me with a list of Kahles dealers in Canada,but they never did so,and now they don't even answer my e-mails.
In any case,I found the scope in New Zealand,with a shorter delivery time,and for less money.
Old 08-03-2009, 10:24 PM
sheephunter

Quote:
According to two different dealers,Kinderman no longer handles Kahles.
Kinderman and Kahles/Swaro split ways last year. There is a new Swaro rep in Ontario but not sure if they handles Kahles too. I'll try to find out.
Old 08-03-2009, 10:56 PM

www.cdnninvestments.com

This is where I got one from.

On a side note i just got a demo swarovski 4-12x50 with the balistic turret system like the mulizero on the Kahles. Got it for $825
I think he still has more if you want I could hook you up.
It was too good of a deal to pass up I thought
Old 08-03-2009, 11:08 PM

Funny you mention Kahles because I was just on their website last night reminding myself how much I want one.

I put my postal code in the dealer finder and they were still showing WSS, Russell's and SD in Red Deer as dealers, but maybe that info is not current.

Let us know how you make out. I almost have enough in my piggy bank for one now.
Old 08-04-2009, 06:03 AM

Quote:
I put my postal code in the dealer finder and they were still showing WSS, Russell's and SD in Red Deer as dealers, but maybe that info is not current.
When I spoke with WSS and Russells,they told me that they were selling off the little stock that they had,but were no longer going to deal in Kahles.
Old 08-04-2009, 08:52 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
I did a search online,and found a dealer in New Zealand that has these scopes in stock.I spoke with the dealer,and unlike the U.S.A. ,New Zealand does not require export permits for scopes.I added the airmail shipping charges,and after converting to Canadian Dollars,the price was actually about $50 less than what I paid for the first scope at Wholesale Sports,and $100 less than what Ellwood Epps quoted me.The delivery time is listed as 5 to 12 days,whereas Ellwood Epps quoted me 10 to 12 weeks before discovering that Kahles no longer has a Canadian distributor.
I'd be checking out the dealer's exporting knowledge a bit closer before ordering, you wouldn't want to send the money and then become a legal test case. Here's the New Zealand Strategic Goods List from Oct 2008 which looks to require an export permit for sporting rifle scopes, Page 58 / ML904;

http://www.mfat.govt.nz/downloads/di...-List-2008.pdf

Here's the application for NZ export permit about 5 down on the page, upside of the their permits is there is no charge for processing and it doesn't look like an import permit from the Canadian end is required, but I think the dealer should be showing you a copy of an approved NZ export permit for the item before you send funds, just my opinion;

http://www.mfat.govt.nz/search.php?c...&sa=Search#991

Old 08-04-2009, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
When I spoke with WSS and Russells,they told me that they were selling off the little stock that they had,but were no longer going to deal in Kahles.
Well that's not very good. I wonder if Bass Pro will pick up that slack (no pun). Having said, you don't hear too many folks here talking about Kahles scopes. Maybe the Kahles business is weak here? I don't know. Magnificent piece of kit.

Last edited by pogo; 08-05-2009 at 12:01 AM.
Old 08-19-2009, 09:14 PM

My Kahles scope arrived by mail today.The final price with shipping,insurance etc,was $50 cheaper than the price quoted by the Canadian dealer.Less than two weeks from the time that it was ordered,just as quick as Wholesale Sports normally is.
Old 07-16-2015, 04:46 AM

Is there a new distributor?
Old 07-16-2015, 09:17 AM

Did you try these guys.
http://mdcharlton.ca
Only link on the Kahles website for Kanada (Yes with a "K").
They have the Kahles lineup on their website.

RJ
Old 07-16-2015, 09:29 AM

I purchased my last Kahles from Ralf Martini in Cranbrook. Might be worth a try.
Old 07-16-2015, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockjockey View Post
Did you try these guys.
http://mdcharlton.ca
Only link on the Kahles website for Kanada (Yes with a "K").
They have the Kahles lineup on their website.

RJ
I see that they appear to have picked up Kahles recently. They didn't carry them back in 2009 when this thread was created.
Old 07-16-2015, 04:11 PM

Why bump a 6 year old thread when you could just create a new one? Now everybody is going to be assuming that the post is current because they don't check post dates.
Old 07-21-2015, 10:26 PM
Precisionshooter

We purchased a pile of them last year from md carlton. North sylva lost the brand in 2014.