Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-30-2019, 11:22 AM

Thumbs up

The new smoker heater showed up in record time, switched it out, no more popped fuse but got an E error. I called Bradley back, they said E is puck feeder. Damn.
She then said 'ok, I have a new smoke generator on the way to you'. (The entire digital control box on the side of the unit)

I said the last person did not take my Credit Card info, that I had no problem paying, and she said no trouble at all, thank you for using Bradley!

Wow. How can you possibly beat that?

I am going to send them some pizza's.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 08-04-2022, 03:49 PM

Update- the puck feeder motor has failed.

Likely my own fault, I really do not take care of it like I should.

Called Bradley cust svc in BC and a new one is on the way, $30 including freight and I am up in a couple days again.

I wish I could find the old one, the motor is likely fine. Win some lose some I guess.

I did send the ladies in the states some pizzas.

I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 08-04-2022, 05:04 PM

I’ve had a 6 rack for about 15 years and it’s been a handy addition to the kitchen arsenal. I really like the way it turns out pork chops.
Old 08-04-2022, 05:08 PM

Have a 6 rack digital for about 5 years. Love it but Traeger is next level.
Old 08-04-2022, 07:26 PM

I cooked steaks on a pitboss propane today.
I prefer the Bradley by far.

Old 08-04-2022, 07:31 PM

On a side note I was checking out prices today. Why is the 4 rack $350 more, nearly 100% more than the last one I bought???
Ridiculous.

Old 08-04-2022, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post

Called Bradley cust svc in BC and a new one is on the way, $30 including freight and I am up in a couple days again.

I wish I could find the old one, the motor is likely fine. Win some lose some I guess.

https://www.amazon.ca/Stainless-Bill...s%2C241&sr=8-5

These right here. Have a 12" and a 6". They are a game changer. My puck feed still works fine but I now just use one of these. Can do a colder smoke if needed and don't need to worry about pucks. Wish I would have seen these when I got my 6 rack Bradley close to 15 years ago

Think I get about 5 hours of smoke out of the 12" and 2.5 hrs out of the 6"
Old 08-04-2022, 08:09 PM

I would definitely contact Bradley for parts or maybe your area has someone that sells Bradley parts. I’ve had my 6 rack digital control Bradley for 12+ years and not had anything major happen with it yet. I bought a back up element to have just in case the original malfunctioned but haven’t needed it yet. The only “bad” thing so far is I can only fill the puck sleeve about half way or the weight of too many pucks seems too much for the feed mechanism and pucks may not feed. That is not an issue in my opinion. I bought the Bradley for making certain items: jerky, smoked fish, hanging products like smokies and sausage rings, sticks or bacon, pulled pork, chicken wings, roasts (beef, moose, elk...), BB ribs and brisket. Yes I do have to cut a whole brisket in half or 3rds, or have to cut the pork ribs in half to fit on the screens, but that’s ok with me. A lot of these items can be made on many of the other types of smokers. The Bradley just happens to cover my requirements and I would recommend it to any one. I don’t have a Traeger yet but would like one some day too.
Old 08-04-2022, 10:20 PM

Quote:

I have a Bradley puck feeder/burner that I don't need anymore, along with a cold smoke adapter and a variety of the Bradley wood pucks that you can have FOC. My wife got me a pitboss vertical smoker earlier this year and no longer need them, all in perfect working order.

Pm if interested
Old 08-05-2022, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C&C Outdoors View Post
I have a Bradley puck feeder/burner that I don't need anymore, along with a cold smoke adapter and a variety of the Bradley wood pucks that you can have FOC. My wife got me a pitboss vertical smoker earlier this year and no longer need them, all in perfect working order.

Pm if interested
Interested!

But we are going to have to arm wrestle on price, I can't do free. I'm fine giving stuff away but taking is against my religion

Old 08-05-2022, 10:27 AM

Had a cranky neighbor come by to complain about the copious amunt of smoke emanating from my yard.
He said it was currently drifting across the lane and 4 houses down to his patio ruining his dinner experience.I chuckled and he got angry and demanded to know what was so funny.

We went out back and I showed him that my smokers were off,cold and under cover.
The copious plumes of smoke were actually mist from 50 ft of yard misters I had strung along the top of my fence to cool the yard. I closed the ball valve and the "SMOKE" was gone.
He left angry.He so wanted to be right-lol
Old 08-05-2022, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C&C Outdoors View Post

Pm if interested
Quote:
Interested!

But we are going to have to arm wrestle on price, I can't do free. I'm fine giving stuff away but taking is against my religion
I’m pretty sure we as an AO community could come up with an address or location for you to send this stuff to Ken. I’ll even chip in $5 to send along with it just to torment him a little. 😂😂😂😂

Don’t mess with karma Ken. Say thank you, and if you must send a box of beer or a pack of t-bones to this fine gentleman. Repayment has deservedly found its way to you, you don’t want to stop being the nice guy now. 😀

Last edited by HyperMOA; 08-05-2022 at 11:52 AM.
Old 08-05-2022, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega50 View Post
Had a cranky neighbor come by to complain about the copious amunt of smoke emanating from my yard.
He said it was currently drifting across the lane and 4 houses down to his patio ruining his dinner experience.I chuckled and he got angry and demanded to know what was so funny.

We went out back and I showed him that my smokers were off,cold and under cover.
The copious plumes of smoke were actually mist from 50 ft of yard misters I had strung along the top of my fence to cool the yard. I closed the ball valve and the "SMOKE" was gone.
He left angry.He so wanted to be right-lol
That is awesome!!! 😆