Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 01-02-2014, 10:28 PM
Banned

What about the people who deficate on the ice?
Old 01-03-2014, 03:38 PM

Kevguy

What we do is take a 2 Gallon Pail for the Girlfriend to Pee in, if a #2 has too be done the we put a Safeway Bag in the pail and take it home with us. If I don't have the pail I use my Shovel to pick it up and Doggy Bag it and then take it to the Garbage when I get home. Of course everyone carry's a Shovel right....NOTTT. Cant believe how many times people have borrowed mine out on the lake, or when stuck. I never leave home without a few Shovels in the truck myself.

Carry Shovels, Pails and Grocery Bags people. They always come in handy!

MM
Old 01-03-2014, 03:41 PM

I take my #2 first thing in the morning before I head out fishing...Never had the urge to do it while fishing

Good till I get home or next AM..lol
Old 01-03-2014, 03:46 PM

Default Who has more fun than gust...Lake Havacaca

Firstly it's the Y generation who are the worse litterers ....see whose throwing
Garbage out the car window on the deer foot ......So I would be surprised
If the ice crappers and garbage leavers are over 25 ,and usually drugs
And alcohol are involved ...again not sportsman....environmental
Poachers ....
Old 01-03-2014, 05:23 PM

Here we go again

Kevin Hits I congratulate you on being so regular, that is nice to know. Winch 101 I would like you know that both of my children were born in that era and they would not so much as drop a Toothpick on the ground as that is the way I brought them up. I would have to say the most part is the up bringing and what has been instilled them from day one. I guess I have to point most of the people follow the Mentors that they have had!!!

With that said I think that with todays knowledge of the environment and the world that more people would get onboard. Geesh I grew up in the 60's and 70's and we knew better back then, then most do now! Come on people let's teach people and children better so our future people of this planet can see life how we have lived it.

Ok enough rant as I am heading to the lake in the morning for some tranquility.

MM
Old 01-03-2014, 05:27 PM
Banned

I was on the ice a few days ago.....the Clearwater River. I admit, I took a leak on the ice.
Old 01-04-2014, 09:10 AM

Make sure you ask people to pick up their garbage next time you see them littering. Many people don't even think about what they are doing and and will kindly pick it up.
Old 01-04-2014, 11:30 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winch101 View Post
Firstly it's the Y generation who are the worse litterers ....see whose throwing
Garbage out the car window on the deer foot ......So I would be surprised
If the ice crappers and garbage leavers are over 25 ,and usually drugs
And alcohol are involved ...again not sportsman....environmental
Poachers ....

What a bunch of nonsense.
Old 01-04-2014, 12:31 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i posted this on another post, but it needs to be said again!

was on the lake today (Thursday) enjoying a beautiful day catching perch , a group shows up , unload a couple of new tents , a new auger, and a bunch of other new stuff , when they left, they left a pile of garbage ( tent boxes , auger box, and a ton of other garbage )
It is nice to see real Alberta sportsman, ( sarcastic)
what a bunch of Asses !!!!!!!!
I loaded and took it to the garbage bin by the cookshack 1/2 mile away!!!!! ( which they had to drive past to get on the lake, there is a big green garbage bin right next to the road on the lake !)
Old 01-04-2014, 06:19 PM

Default Bonus Garbage day on Gull Lake

So I went to Gull this morning and put my Tire Chains on and was waiting for my Buddy from Rocky to arrive. Whilst I was there another fellow that knows me told me that some people in a white Dodge Truck were using my Shack yesterday again. Written right on the door STAY OUT!!! Guess people cant read although they did not leave a mess in it like the previous people that used it did. Lots of Blood outside so that tells me they did catch fish or did stick a Hook in there finger. Maybe one of them punched the other the nose, one could only hope....

So after all that a couple of young fella's pull up from Penhold. They had a tire issue and asked if I knew if there was a tire shop in Bentley. I told them I did not think so and the closet one was in Lacombe as far as I knew. I told him that I have a Tire Pump and we can see if it will take air. We did manage to get the tire pumped up but it appeared there was more troubles to the Valve Stem or maybe he had picked up some. Made the suggestion that in -35C wind chills he doesn't mess around and head back to LA and get his tire fixed and then come back out for some fun. He agreed and at that time my buddy rolled up from Rocky.

Well we decided to take 2 vehicles out as we were headed out quite some distance. He has a winch and I had my chains on so we were good to go. Just shortly after us getting going down the Lake north in Brownlows we spotted a Propane Tank and quit a bit of garbage to our left. Note taken as too where it was and we headed out to our Spot and fished. We both limited out on our Whites and Perch and by 3:30 ish we rolled back to the south. With the winds that we had today and the Drifting it took a bit of chewing to get back off the lake. I told my buddy that I was picking up that Tank and Garbage if they were still there. He told me they would have been picked up by now and I said well I should hope so.

To cut a long story short they were still there. A full 20lber and Red Bull and Beer Cans. The cardboard boxes and plastic bags from there maggots. Guess I faired out on top as I now have a new full tank of Propane and more money to collect at the bottle Depot.

The thing that really gets me as many - many people drove by this all day as they were leaving the lake and nobody had the Kahuna's to stop and pick it up.

I guess a bit more of a rant.

MM