Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 03-14-2009, 08:40 AM

Default Isle Report

Lots of snow, some surface water in spots, got the quad stuck several times in some big drifts. Wasn't expecting those conditions so close to Edmonton but I guess we had more snow than I thought. Might be tough going for a 4x4 going off the beaten path.

Ice was good and thick but an extension was not needed. In a few spots found where there was a few inches of frozen flood ice, a few inches of surface water, then the lake ice. Most of the sketchy stuff near middle of the lake traveling north wards from the south shore.

Started fishing from about 2:00pm onward. Fishing was pretty good even though I was targeting Perch orginally, managed 4 Pike, 4 Walleye, and 5 Burbot. Had a few smaller strikes (assuming those were Perch) but struck out on the little guys. Pike were just around the legal range, Walleye were various sizes with one pushing the 4lbs mark, and the Burbot were really nice averaging about 5lbs. All C&R.

Weather was unbelieveable. T-shirt = gotta love March fishing!
Old 03-17-2009, 05:25 PM

where abouts were you fishing I am headed there tomorrow for the midday or thursday for and afternoon trip.
Old 03-18-2009, 08:58 AM

Just around the bend from the Silversands boat launch. Get into 8-12ft of water.

Realistically I've caught fish pretty much everywhere on the lake everytime I've been out there. As long as the O2 levels are up, catching something on Isle is just about a guarantee.