Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 06-08-2008, 10:02 PM

Default Lessard Lake Perch Advice?

Hello,
I have been hearing good things about Lessard Lake for perch, and was hoping that someone would be able to help me out with where to find them as I have not had luck at this lake in the couple times I have fished it. Fished it today for a couple hours and never even got one perch... so we tried for pike for a little and did well and managed a few. I have also fished it once in the winter and manage only 1 perch and it was only about 7 inches. A friend and I plan on fishing at Lessard on June 21, and was hoping for a little advice (how deep or what works the best for bait there, etc.) before we head out in hopes to actually catch a few this time.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!
JBLS
Old 03-17-2009, 03:29 PM
Banned

hey....i fish that lake from time to time as well and what i found worked well was just a tiny white jig with 2 maggots on it...put it in the water 1 ft from the bottom and jig it around a bit.... try around 7 or 8 ft deep water....perch are school fish as well so if you dont get a bite within a few minutes youll have to move around the lake to find the schools of fish...once you find one of the schools ull pull many in a row out....very exciting for the kids too!!!
Old 03-17-2009, 03:53 PM

Default Lessard / Romeo Lake

Lessard may have winter killed. People are saying Romeo near Bear Lake winter killed pretty bad. Don't know if you have a camera, perhaps take a look at what is still swimming.

Drewski