Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 03-15-2009, 06:08 PM

Default Mess at crawling Valley

Went to Crawling today, very very slow, one hit all day on the tip up, as I was driving out the chaps who had there trailer there all winter moved out and left a mess, 2x4s garbage, you would think people would take care of our outdoors, very sad to see.The trailer was just out from the dock.
Old 03-15-2009, 06:47 PM
Gone Hunting

Thats their right,,,, they have an equal share in these lakes as do you and I. They can do as they please with their share.

It's just Alberta boys... Take what you can while you can,, if ya cant beat em join em.

Keep a strain on er
Old 03-15-2009, 07:24 PM

Default cv

Did u obtain their plate number #? If so, are u willing to attend court and testify to what u observed? If so, call the Bassano RCMP and launch a complaint and that u would like them charged with improper disposal of waste on public land.

The officer should take your info, contact the other party, speak with them and likely issue the person(s) a ticket by mail if warranted (ie the garbage is still at the lake)
Old 03-15-2009, 07:36 PM

Thumbs down Fed up

Are you serious PACK, it there right. us you head. It's nobody's right to leave a mess any place that you don't own. You ranting on another thread (FED UP), about this on this forum and effect on kids. Now you type this,
I guess I can empty my truck in ditch on the way home, IT MY RIGHT.
Old 03-15-2009, 07:41 PM
Gone Hunting

Sorry BuckMaster, but if ya cant beat em,,, join em??? I was just kidding Buck. I have a hard time with these things just like you guys do.

It's just Alberta boys... Take what you can while you can,, if ya cant beat em join em.

Keep a strain on er
Old 03-16-2009, 06:35 AM

Those same bozos who owned those shacks drove right by me and my friend who were stuck in a small snowdrift. All we needed was a small push from an extra set of hands, but they ignored us and drove by. We were dumbfounded!

After that my buddy was tempted to vandalize their shacks, but I talked him out of it. Had I known they were gonna leave a huge mess too, I would have burned the shacks down. Bastards. For their sake, I hope I don't recognize them next year.
Old 03-16-2009, 09:27 AM
Banned

Not cool at all to be leaving a mess behind. Now I am not saying that these guys are inocent and they are more than likley to blame but,, I do know that at my shack out on 40 Mile Res this past winter that on two diferrent ocasions when I went out to my shack that there had been people fishing in and around the shack and the mess they left was gross.. Bait contaners, bags, pop cans.. On the one ocasion I packed out almost half a sack of garbage. I was quite upset and embaressed as well do to the fact a few people on here know that that is my shack and who do you think would get blamed for the mess ???

Again I am not saying that this is the case with these poeple but it can happen.. So everyone please pack out your mess.
Old 03-16-2009, 10:13 PM

Wasn't our trailer, we were out by the islands and I can promise there was no garbage left behind! So don't think it was us he is talking about!
Old 03-16-2009, 11:15 PM

I see the same B.S. out at Braz. And yes alot of it is rowdy kids but there are alot of older people out there with there new 35ft fifth wheels that when they leave the bush camp areas they pile there half dozen garbage bags against the nearest tree, like garbage day is on ****ing Mondays or something, and some of them even leave there fires lite!! Now if I have offended any of you, GOOD pick your **** up!
Out at Braz I once took a pickup truck load of an old mattress tent and broken chairs, garbage etc... took it all the way into Drayton (my good deed for the day)
SO PICK YOUR **** UP!

Last edited by 8Lander; 03-17-2009 at 09:37 PM.