Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 03-16-2009, 08:13 PM

Default wab. update

If you got the time and the right hook the whites are non-stop, saw some monster pike, and learned a good lesson,use strong hooks,had one straighten out my hook and lost the old girl before she got up the hole. Another tid bit I was fishing in 1-2ft of water, the fish there were more aggressive than the ones out deeper. Tight lines all.
Old 03-17-2009, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerman View Post
If you got the time and the right hook the whites are non-stop, saw some monster pike, and learned a good lesson,use strong hooks,had one straighten out my hook and lost the old girl before she got up the hole. Another tid bit I was fishing in 1-2ft of water, the fish there were more aggressive than the ones out deeper. Tight lines all.
Where did you go on from , town ? Whats the story about the open water ?
Old 03-18-2009, 08:17 PM

Default open water

the open water is getting pretty dam close to were everyone is fishing just off the boat launch ,,, i was there today and there is a few spots were there is 2 inchs of ice then about 4-6 inchs of water then the normal ice ,,, i definately wont be driving my 4x4 on anymore,,,, when i drove by a guy in his one man shack he said the water was over the ice after he punched a hole in and when i drove by him it poured out of his hole,,,,were is there other places to drive on to wabumun????
Old 03-18-2009, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantzd View Post
the open water is getting pretty dam close to were everyone is fishing just off the boat launch ,,, i was there today and there is a few spots were there is 2 inchs of ice then about 4-6 inchs of water then the normal ice ,,, i definately wont be driving my 4x4 on anymore,,,, when i drove by a guy in his one man shack he said the water was over the ice after he punched a hole in and when i drove by him it poured out of his hole,,,,were is there other places to drive on to wabumun????
Fallis is on the west side which is usually good or kapasiwin south of the campground also.
Old 03-18-2009, 08:46 PM

Default kapasiwin

i heard kapasiwin was a pretty good place to try out ,,,but i also heard two weeks ago someone parked were they werent suposed to and came back to their truck and had the head and tail lights smashed out with a pretty rude and ignorant note on the window so i will maybe try the far west side then hahaha,,,,, were are the big jacks more active right now??? in shallow waters ???? or the warm water??? we have been having awsome luck just off the boat launch biggest was 24lbs and tonnnnsss of 15-19lbs get about on average 12 a day,,,, wish i could figure out the dam picture thing on here it always says the size of pic is to big and dont know how to resize it ,,,, anyhow i will be heading out tomorrow again and try boat launch for a bit (take quad out) and then head to the west side,,,, thanks alot bud,,,