Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Trapping Discussion

Old 04-29-2014, 09:37 AM

Default Alright who did this ....

I guess you should have a certification ,permit ,traps numbered before
You can even buy them . Urban trapping really ?

http://globalnews.ca/news/1296671/an...og-brought-in/
Old 04-29-2014, 12:14 PM

I've never read so much bull**** in my life. Two holes through the bone, dog chewed its leg off, give me a break! Looks like the animal-rights freaks are really piling it on now!
Old 04-29-2014, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winch101 View Post
I guess you should have a certification ,permit ,traps numbered before
You can even buy them . Urban trapping really ?

http://globalnews.ca/news/1296671/an...og-brought-in/
Yeah, you're really asking the wrong people. No real trapper would attempt a stunt like that. Urban environment. Non-Certified trap. Very irresponsible.

Anyone can buy those old traps from anywhere. I've seen them at antique markets even. Luckily for the Animal rights folks, the specific trap shown in the video is already banned. Unluckily for trappers there are idiots out there who don't know better.

Someone is tired of feeding the Rabbits, and has decided to take matters into their own hands. Ever seen the rabbits running around town with the arrows stuck in 'em? I'd probably ask that guy.

I won't get into the Biased/incorrect reporting. Usually the comments on such news reports are locked. I would recommend someone with a little more tact leave a comment on there.
Old 04-29-2014, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GStyler View Post
No real trapper would attempt a stunt like that.
Exactly, but the Animal-Rights crowd have been shown to do all kinds of illegal stuff, including setting traps in public places, in the name of getting trapping banned. The movement is big in Montana right now and they are fighting for their lives trying to save trapping on public lands. It's just starting here. Wait and see what kind of ridiculous stuff starts coming out once they get going. Just look at the three-legged dog. Even if it was caught in a foothold trap, which I highly doubt, why was its leg removed at the shoulder? That's pure nonsense and lies. Wouldn't be anything more than a bruise if it had been caught by a foothold.
Old 04-29-2014, 04:07 PM

"Rabbits may be hunted or snared...but not trapped." Is a snare not a trap? These were likely put out by some angry neibour trying to get rid of some dogs/rabbits. Not the right way to go about it, now we will take the flack for it. Just be thankful it wasn't a 330.

Spruce