Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 12-03-2013, 11:58 AM

Default Ranger 6x6

Any of you guys own or have any experience with a 6x6 polaris ranger? I just ordered a new 2014 in the avalanche grey. Was planning on using it primarily for going to and from blinds as they are long distances apart and are in some rough spots, and hauling deer/moose/wood etc. and maybe a tandem tub trailer on occasion. Where do you guys buy accessories for them? Thinking about putting a steel cab and heater on it eventually. Tia for any input!
Old 12-03-2013, 01:22 PM

Default 6x6pp

I have 3 of them in my business fleet. Outstanding machines for work and play, just need a little more room to get around, but well worth it!

I have hauled our whole hunting camps gear and drug a bull moose through some seriously nasty stuff. These machines amaze me and with the back 4 chained up they go till you high center basically.

Cycle works in calgary has had good gear, it's pretty much all special order anyways so check your local shops and then compare. My machines haul a 700 lb vacuum unit, 2 people and pull a tub trailer that at times weighs in excess of 1000lbs. They have survived 2 seasons, and needed nothing besides tire repairs and a few front shocks on my snow plowing machine.
Old 12-03-2013, 02:29 PM

Welcome to the wonderful world of the Polaris Ranger Money Pit. I have a 2007 P R 6X6 that is fully Tracked, Rubber on the Front (11" dicontiued A D Boivin Traxion +) and18" Metal over the Rubber on the Rear (The Tracks Company, Christian S. Hansen Okland, CA.) Polaris has yet to come out with a track system for their 6X6 Rangers.There are a few companies that modify the P R's to work with TRACKS.Then came the Full, Auto Glass Front Window and Wiper. The Pastic Roof did not stand up to the towing so I had a Metal one made. The rear pannel is still to come?? The Rear box was not big enough to carry ever thing I wanted to take with me on exterded trips,(gas/food/campig gear), with out a Pull Behind Walking Beam Trailer, witch I had built (2X) so i desided to convert the box to a Flat Deck 60" X 72" with 12" removable Sides & Ends, and a 12" Cap/Top.(all this is 1/8" diamond tred plate alum). I still donot have Doors.
I am sure others will chime in here as well, as there are a few of us on this site, to answer most of your questions. I do not POST pictures on this site, to old to learn how, but if you are interested PM me you eMail address.
Bruce.

Last edited by AB RANGER 007; 12-03-2013 at 02:58 PM.
Old 12-03-2013, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaleh01 View Post
I have 3 of them in my business fleet. Outstanding machines for work and play, just need a little more room to get around, but well worth it!

I have hauled our whole hunting camps gear and drug a bull moose through some seriously nasty stuff. These machines amaze me and with the back 4 chained up they go till you high center basically.

Cycle works in calgary has had good gear, it's pretty much all special order anyways so check your local shops and then compare. My machines haul a 700 lb vacuum unit, 2 people and pull a tub trailer that at times weighs in excess of 1000lbs. They have survived 2 seasons, and needed nothing besides tire repairs and a few front shocks on my snow plowing machine.
Sounds like you use your machines to the fullest! Glad to hear you like them! This rig for me is probably a little overkill (we'll see) but as I always say, go big or go home. Lol!
Old 12-03-2013, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB RANGER 007 View Post
Welcome to the wonderful world of the Polaris Ranger Money Pit. I have a 2007 P R 6X6 that is fully Tracked, Rubber on the Front (11" dicontiued A D Boivin Traxion +) and18" Metal over the Rubber on the Rear (The Tracks Company, Christian S. Hansen Okland, CA.) Polaris has yet to come out with a track system for their 6X6 Rangers.There are a few companies that modify the P R's to work with TRACKS.Then came the Full, Auto Glass Front Window and Wiper. The Pastic Roof did not stand up to the towing so I had a Metal one made. The rear pannel is still to come?? The Rear box was not big enough to carry ever thing I wanted to take with me on exterded trips,(gas/food/campig gear), with out a Pull Behind Walking Beam Trailer, witch I had built (2X) so i desided to convert the box to a Flat Deck 60" X 72" with 12" removable Sides & Ends, and a 12" Cap/Top.(all this is 1/8" diamond tred plate alum). I still donot have Doors.
I am sure others will chime in here as well, as there are a few of us on this site, to answer most of your questions. I do not POST pictures on this site, to old to learn how, but if you are interested PM me you eMail address.
Bruce.
Pm'd you bruce! That machine sounds awesome!
Old 12-03-2013, 04:10 PM

For side by side accessories check out utvcanada.com
Old 12-03-2013, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokinyotes View Post
For side by side accessories check out utvcanada.com
Will do thanks!