Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 12-03-2013, 09:06 AM

"How can you hold any respect for these guys when they treat law abiding hunters like this !! I am disgusted and the C.O should be reprimanded for how we were treated. They also should have all their facts straight before handing out tickets..We deserve a written apology on this !"

Happens all the time - you'd think that the province would hire some quality CO's instead of the power trippin' wannabe's they got
Old 12-03-2013, 09:16 AM

Great story, great day but too bad the day had a miserable end in the field. One thing I did not read, was the ticket issued taken back? If not you may want to contact them to ensure you do not receive a summons to appear in court. I would also confront the RCMP as it seems a little out of the ordinary their accusations.
Old 12-03-2013, 10:05 AM

The two of you look guilty to me! I would have taken you both to the Remand Center.
Old 12-03-2013, 10:24 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NS Beagler View Post
The two of you look guilty to me! I would have taken you both to the Remand Center.
And waterboard them.
Great buck,too bad about the gung ho C.O. Kinda spoils a great memory.
Old 12-03-2013, 10:35 AM

The stupidest part of the whole thing is that they don't get to interrogate you on the side of the road without you having a chance to talk to a lawyer.

So even if you HAD been poaching, and even if you HAD confessed, they couldn't use any of it to convict you.

The only thing dumber than a false accusation and investigation is doing the process in a way that guaranteed 0% chance of conviction. Just stupid all around.

Awesome deer.
Old 12-03-2013, 11:14 AM

Awesome deer, and I will certainly take the advice of taking a picture with some sort of time stamp on it if I'm ever in a situation similar to yours.

Congrats to you and your son, I'm glad it worked out in the end and that the deer was promptly returned to you. It would have also been a shame for that deer to be wasted.
Old 12-03-2013, 11:29 AM

Congrats on the buck!

Sad about the negative experience with the officers.
Old 12-03-2013, 11:51 AM

Springer,

I hate to say it, but you really must address this situation as each of you will now be "red-flagged" in F&W's computer, so this will be a hassle in future.

It is unacceptable behavior and you need to get an explanation, an apology and a written undertaking that you both will be removed from their computer records vis-a-vis any negative comments.

tyee43

Last edited by tyee43; 12-03-2013 at 11:52 AM. Reason: typo
Old 12-03-2013, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dog Al View Post
Great story, great day but too bad the day had a miserable end in the field. One thing I did not read, was the ticket issued taken back? If not you may want to contact them to ensure you do not receive a summons to appear in court. I would also confront the RCMP as it seems a little out of the ordinary their accusations.
No Aaron still has the ticket. And get this , he could not see a tag on the leg of the deer when we were taking pics so he wrote Aaron up on a warning at his home that he didn't immediately tag him ?? still no giving in and he wanted continue showing his true colors.

Ha ha NSBEAGLER you funny troublemaker..

TYEE43 , thanks for the heads up on this , i had no idea we could be flagged for this run in..

LEFTY C , great point , pictures are worth their weight if you need them and i will take a few extras showing the immediate tagging, like really , who holds their animals head up to check him out before putting the tag on eh !
Old 12-03-2013, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springer View Post
No Aaron still has the ticket. And get this , he could not see a tag on the leg of the deer when we were taking pics so he wrote Aaron up on a warning at his home that he didn't immediately tag him ?? still no giving in and he wanted continue showing his true colors.

Ha ha NSBEAGLER you funny troublemaker..

TYEE43 , thanks for the heads up on this , i had no idea we could be flagged for this run in..

LEFTY C , great point , pictures are worth their weight if you need them and i will take a few extras showing the immediate tagging, like really , who holds their animals head up to check him out before putting the tag on eh !
May just be a blessing in disguise still having the ticket. Go to court and tell the whole story. Make the CO look like the jerk he is.