Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 03-29-2018, 08:08 PM

Done
Old 03-30-2018, 03:15 AM

Apparently hit 13,000 in 24hrs, not bad, up to 16,000 tonite, keep it going up.
Old 03-30-2018, 07:31 AM

Many reasons to sign!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9E4iPcb2RlQ
Watch Ralph Goodale or jump to 11:24 he states five priorities but holds up the 10 sign (both hands fully open) Do you Trust this Man?

CSSA response https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKIfAyU7h3w&t=10s

NFA response https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NltBuZDi3kE
Old 03-30-2018, 10:36 AM

Done.

Over 20 000 signatures now

Now I look around and wonder if I like them!
Old 03-30-2018, 11:36 AM

David Anderson does a great job highlighting the issues with bill C-71

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkyefttXFWI

I hope this video gets a couple million views!
There is a comment that calls for ATT will take 3 to 5 min. I have never had a Gov response that fast even when I am standing at their desk!

Interesting at around the 12:30 the Liberal minister states the NRA supports parts of this bill. David Anderson nicely corrects him that the NRA operates in the USA. How little do these liberals know?
Old 03-30-2018, 12:24 PM

Lightbulb

Done

I'm glad to see more of these officially sanctioned Parliament of Canada petitions being posted here on the AOF,
instead of those stupid, useless media polls.

Selkirk
Old 03-30-2018, 10:16 PM

Signed
Old 03-30-2018, 10:38 PM

Done
Old 03-31-2018, 05:04 AM

Bump it up.

DID YOU SIGN THE PETITION? If you want to keep your firearms or allow your kids or grandkids to own firearms you better sign it.
Old 03-31-2018, 10:45 AM

Done
Old 03-31-2018, 11:02 AM

Spread the word to anyone you know.

DONE
Old 03-31-2018, 01:01 PM

I"m in
Old 03-31-2018, 02:04 PM

Done
Old 04-01-2018, 01:19 PM

Busted 30,000 today, keep it going, call friends, e-mail them, whatever it takes. There are 2,000,000 gun owners in Canada, make yourselves heard.
Old 04-01-2018, 04:19 PM

Done! We should also impeach Turdo as a traitor.
Old 04-01-2018, 09:30 PM

This needs to be bumped daily till everyone on a/o has completed it.
Old 04-02-2018, 09:56 AM

Keep signing folks! I want to see a minimum of 50000 SIG's on this one. There are no excuses not to sign.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk
Old 04-02-2018, 10:33 AM

Done
Old 04-02-2018, 10:48 AM

Done. Sent to 6 other people too

Does anyone have a list of all the close liberal ridings from last election? Those are the ones we should specifically target with letters and calls
Old 04-02-2018, 11:00 AM

I at least received a reply to a letter sent to a bunch of people including Trudumbs office lol

Dear MR-----

Thank you for your email regarding Bill C-71, An Act to amend certain Acts and Regulations in relation to firearms. This legislation does nothing to address violence in urban and rural communities, and introduces a wasteful and ineffective firearms registry.

I believe that the safety of Canadians should be the number one priority of any government. This is especially important to our riding of Yellowhead due to the increase in rural crime in the region. Unfortunately, this legislation has no new measures to combat gang violence in Surrey, gun violence in the GTA and escalating crime rates in our rural communities

Liberals cannot be trusted when it comes to firearms legislation because they fail to tackle criminals who use guns to commit violent crime, while treating law-abiding firearms owners as criminals.

As the Official Opposition, our Conservative Party will continue to fight for concrete actions to keep Canadians safe and focus our efforts on the criminal element behind firearms violence. Conservatives will never support legislation that targets law-abiding firearms owners and treats them like criminals.

Sincerely,

HOC_Color_CDC_Couleur_Canada_Large_F-E.jpg

Jim Eglinski

Jim Eglinski, MP – Yellowhead

Room 304, Justice Building

House of Commons

OTTAWA ON K1A 0A6

(T) 613-992-1653

(F) 613-992-3459

www.jimeglinski.ca
Old 04-02-2018, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CritterCommander View Post
Found this on another forum, enter your postal code and your MP gets emailed along with the PM, Gerald Butts, and Ralph Gooddale. Taken from their website:

Oneclearvoice.ca

The Liberal government has introduced Bill C-71. This bill is their trial balloon, their test of our resolve. If we fail to push back hard there will be more coming. We will be their whipping boy to satisfy the demands of the Coalition for Gun Control and Poly Remembers. We must not wait until the prohibitions start. We must let them know that we are united, motivated and angry. We must let them know the size of our voting block and our determination to wield that voting block to punish them for using us a low hanging fruit to satisfy the demands of a few gun grabbers. We must speak in one clear voice that will shake them to the core!

Oneclearvoice.ca
Several other campaigns are also available. It is best if you come up with your own letter. This is meant as a guideline. MP's assistants, Senators assistants, etc, will filter out form letter styles. The latest version 6a is a letter campaign to major media outlets. You can also send to smaller papers, and rural outlets as well. Again put in your own words. The papers wont read, or publish form letters.
John 3:16
Firearms Owners are the difference between FREEDOM & TYRANNY!
Gun Control is Population Control
Old 04-02-2018, 12:38 PM

Default From the CSSA write now write often

CSSA Talking Points

Bill C-71, The Firearm Owners Harassment Act

What you can do

Communication is the key to defeating Bill C-71. Firearm owners must voice their displeasure to the House of Commons and the media as soon as possible, and keep the pressure on our elected officials.

CSSA members have asked us for talking points to use in their communications with federal members of Parliament. We are delivering with 35 separate talking points listed below.

Here are three excellent methods to express your opinion to our elected representatives:

1. Repeated emails. Send until you get a response.

2. Snail mail letters. Postage is not required when writing to your federal M.P.

3. Telephone calls. Phone repeatedly. Ensure the M.P. actually answers your question.

Communicate with your elected representatives as often as you desire. The more often they hear from law-abiding firearm owners, the better. Always include your own M.P. in your communication, regardless of political affiliation. Find your M.P. here: https://www.ourcommons.ca/Parliamentarians/en/members

It’s easy to use these talking points in your communications with Parliament, the media and friends.

Pick one or two points and base your letter or phone call upon them.

Simple is always best. Express one point well, then repeat in your next letter. Ten individual emails, each addressing a specific problem with this legislation, is better than one letter addressing ten points at once.

While this legislation is riddled with problems, clarity is essential. Keep to one or two points, at most, then write another letter.

In all your communications, please refer to this legislation as:

Bill C-71, The Firearms Owners Harassment Act.

Send the email, snail mail or phone message to:

The Hon. Ralph Goodale, P.C., M.P.
House of Commons
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 0A6

Telephone: 613-947-1153
Fax: 613-996-9790
ralph.goodale@parl.gc.ca

CC: Your M.P. FIND HERE

CC: Right Hon. Justin Trudeau, T.J. Harvey M.P. , Gudie Hutchings M.P. , Hon. Larry Bagnell, Hon. Wayne Easter. Bob ZimmerM.P.

TALKING POINTS

Background Checks

Who evaluates the information resulting from a background check?
What qualifications do they have to evaluate this information?
Whose opinion(s) will form the basis for an investigation and by what legislative authority?
What is the criteria the evaluations are based on?
Why is there no appeal process?
What is the start-up cost and annual operating cost for this system?
How did the existing background check system fail? In other words, what is the evidence proving the existing 5-year background check fails its public safety goal?

Licence Verification

Businesses are forced to keep a record associating an individual person to an individual firearm. How is this not a gun registry?
Are all Licence Verifications entered into a database to track individual firearm owner activity?
Who keeps this Licence Verification activity data, for what purpose, and how long will it be retained?
Is Licence Verification data attached to an individual's licence? If so, who can access it?
What is the criteria for the Licenve Verification to be approved or denied?
What is the start-up cost and annual operating cost for the License Verification system?

Authorizations to Transport

Why was “Transport to/from a Gunsmith eliminated?” Was there any public safety issue and, if so, what was it?
Why was “Transport to/from a gun store for Appraisal or Sale” eliminated? Was there any public safety issue and, if so, what was it?
Why was “Transport to/from a Gun Show eliminated?” Was there any public safety issue and, if so, what was it?
Why was “Transport to/from a Border Point eliminated?” Was there any public safety issue and, if so, what was it?
What is the government’s estimate of the annual cost to perform these mundane functions individually?
Will the four previous ATTs be issued on paper? If not, how will an individual prove they have an ATT for the purpose stated?
Was there a cost/benefit analysis completed? If so, what conclusion did it make?

Section 12(9)

Can any type of firearm be added to Section 12(9)?
Who will make the decision to add firearms to Section 12(9) and under what legislative authority?
What criteria are used to include a firearm in Section 12(9)?
What new legislative authority grants the RCMP the power to prohibit or restrict firearms?
Will there be a communique sent to all firearms owners every time a firearm is classified as Prohibited under 12(9)? Or will the RCMP continue to secretly add firearms to the Firearms Reference Table (FRT) without informing the owners of this classification change?
Why are firearm owners not informed of firearm classification changes under the current system?
Why are licensed firearms owners not permitted access to the FRT to determine if legally-acquired firearms were re-classified as Prohibited Firearms, inadvertently turning them into criminals?
Is there an appeal process to 12(9) and if not, why not?

Swiss Arms Classic series and CZ-858s will be made 12(9) Prohibited.

Previously, the RCMP classified CZ-858s as Section 12(3) Prohibited. Does their inclusion in Section 12(9) mean the RCMP made another mistake in classification?
Will an information bulletin be issued to police describing the difference between prohibited CZ-858s and other very similar firearms?
Is there an appeal process to 12(9) and if not, why not?

The powers of the Governing Council to declare a firearm to be Non-Restricted has been revoked.

Why, after the RCMP’s repeated history of incorrect firearm classification, has the power of our elected officials to correct mistakes made by the un-elected and un-accountable RCMP been removed?
Does the government plan another method to correct RCMP mistakes? If so, what is that method?
What is the rationale for elected Members of Parliament to abdicate the powers delegated to it by the electorate to make laws?
What must the current or future government do to rectify an incorrect firearm classification
http://myemail.constantcontact.com/B...id=bSO8SuUhVQI
Old 04-02-2018, 07:19 PM

A Coalhurst grade 9 student has launched one of the fastest growing parliamentary petitions ever, calling on Ottawa to scrap proposed changes to gun laws. Terry Vogt reports.

https://calgary.ctvnews.ca/mobile/vi...ylistPageNum=1
Old 04-04-2018, 08:09 PM

Petition just passed 50K. For a historically fractious community, this is making history.
Old 04-05-2018, 04:58 AM

Question for you guys / gals:

Does Oneclearvoice.ca give a confirmation that the email has been sent? When I try to use it, I'm not sure if I'm actually sending a message out. (I am on a desktop with Windows Live Email)
Old 04-05-2018, 07:47 AM

I didn’t get a confirmation.
Old 04-05-2018, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolHammer View Post
I didn’t get a confirmation.
Same thing happened to me
Keep trying until it tells you have already signed the petition will only accept one signature per email address
Old 04-05-2018, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott N View Post
Question for you guys / gals:

Does Oneclearvoice.ca give a confirmation that the email has been sent? When I try to use it, I'm not sure if I'm actually sending a message out. (I am on a desktop with Windows Live Email)
You should start getting auto reply's from those email addresses it went to.
I copied the info to my outlook email. I reworded the letter and header so that it didn't look like a standard form letter. Hopefully escapes the "filters"
John 3:16
Firearms Owners are the difference between FREEDOM & TYRANNY!
Gun Control is Population Control
Old 04-05-2018, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat119 View Post
Same thing happened to me
Keep trying until it tells you have already signed the petition will only accept one signature per email address
No, not the petition bat, the email broadcast through oneclearvoice.ca.

The petition signing went perfectly smoothly.
Old 04-06-2018, 02:12 AM

Default Sunny days showing their true colours!!!

OK, C71 is supposed to grandfather the Swiss Arms guns.
The SECU hasn't met to make any amendments yet.
Want to bet the first one will be made on the first day they meet? No grandfathering clause going back to parliament for third reading? Maybe Goodale was lying right from the word go, to everyone?

http://www.gazette.gc.ca/rp-pr/p2/20...ors46-eng.html