Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 04-12-2011, 11:14 PM
Banned

Default Beverly bridge

Has anyone been to beverly bridge. Went by there today seem to be lots of open water. Looks like someone built a little walk way into the water. Might have to take a run over and try it out
Old 04-13-2011, 06:47 AM

I drive over the bridge every day. There has been open water there all winter. Hav'nt been down to the river but it should be good to go. Doubt if you will catch anything this time of year tho.

You get your shack off pigeon H. ? Did all the others get off too?
Old 04-13-2011, 07:38 AM

I was at the hermatage dog park over the weekend but never had any luck. If you go I would love to know how you did.
Old 04-13-2011, 08:40 AM

Been down there a couple times this season. I've had a few hits, but no fish landed. I'm thinking it's still a little early for the river, but that hasn't stopped me from going out yet!

That being said, in the summer you can usually find quite a few walleye down there.

I'm curious about the little walkway. There's a couple rocky points down there...is that what you're talking about, or did somebody actually build something down there?

Time, it makes you old. Experience makes you wise. It's only a fool who judges life by what he sees in other peoples' eyes.
- Strung Out

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams
Old 04-13-2011, 08:40 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim473 View Post
I drive over the bridge every day. There has been open water there all winter. Hav'nt been down to the river but it should be good to go. Doubt if you will catch anything this time of year tho.

You get your shack off pigeon H. ? Did all the others get off too?
I got rid of my shack this year went strictly portable gave the shack to a couple
young guys with nothing gave them shack ,heater and a couple old rods they were hand lining. only fished pigeon a few times this year. how did you make out this year? it's been a tough year.
Old 04-13-2011, 09:27 AM

Wonder if this 'walkway' is for the water outtake suction pipe that they are doing right now for Enbridge?
Old 04-13-2011, 09:52 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezle View Post
Been down there a couple times this season. I've had a few hits, but no fish landed. I'm thinking it's still a little early for the river, but that hasn't stopped me from going out yet!

That being said, in the summer you can usually find quite a few walleye down there.

I'm curious about the little walkway. There's a couple rocky points down there...is that what you're talking about, or did somebody actually build something down there?
Looks like a little plank walk way maybe to get over the soft ice when it was there nothing huge
Old 04-14-2011, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsetrader View Post
I got rid of my shack this year went strictly portable gave the shack to a couple
young guys with nothing gave them shack ,heater and a couple old rods they were hand lining. only fished pigeon a few times this year. how did you make out this year? it's been a tough year.
Hand lining can be better than rods as for the feel of light bites. I still do it some times. Been bad for me this past winter. I only got enough perch for one good fish fry. Hoping that Calling lake treats me right this summer. Hope I get my tags for Isle too. Two more weeks and we will know. Remember all, cut off for tags is next week on the 21st I think. Lots of ice floating on the river now so it wont be easy fishing.

Last edited by Kim473; 04-14-2011 at 05:45 AM.